main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Starkiller in Rebels

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by InterestingLurker, May 31, 2013.

?

Do you want Starkiller to appear in Star Wars: Rebels?

1. Yes

69 vote(s)
    37.5%
  2. No

115 vote(s)
    62.5%
  1. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    They haven't said anything about the games...Heddle said she didn't know yet when asked on Twitter.

2. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Uh, yes they are..

Probably the most disappointing news of the reconstruction of canon material :(

3. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    They never quote that the games are non-canon...

Also, Heddle's tweet was after this article and the announcement were published.

4. Vader'sGoodHand

Vader'sGoodHand Jedi Master star 3

Apr 1, 2014
    I don't want to see him. He was some super Jedi whose powers rivaled everyone. His character was believable as a video game character but not something that is relevant or believable with the canon and story line of the OT/PT and TCW/Rebels. That's like adding in Dash Render in the show as well from the old Shadows of the Empire video game as part of the Rebels.

5. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003

...I hope to see Dash Rendar :(

Shadows of the Empire is the one part of the EU that I have very, very fond memories and great nostalgia for.

As a smuggler, imperial-turned-freelancer, or any way in which they would want to rework his backstory, I could see Dash fitting in quite well into the Galaxy as it is during Rebels (or at least based on how the picture of the galaxy has been described to us thus far).

6. Vader'sGoodHand

Apr 1, 2014
    Yea he could actually. Seeing as how he was friends with Han in the game he would certainly be around somewhere. That game was epic though.

7. anakincol

anakincol Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2009
    I had hoped that some of the stuff from Shadows, the Dark Forces Sage and TFU could have been saved and declared Canon, not all of TFU(Canon starkiller would need to be vastly depowered) but everything from the other two. These three were more than just video games but were multimedia projects that were big things for Lucasfilm, Lucasbooks, Dark horse, etc. Shadows had the game, the book, the comic, the sequal comic. the TFU games had book and comic adaptations and Dark Forces had the graphic novels

8. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    That's what I'm saying though - he doesn't have to be uber powerful, even if he was vastly toned down it would still be cool to see him. For me, I like the character firstly for the story, not the powers (although they were admittedly cool).

Revanfan1 likes this.
  9. Vader'sGoodHand

Apr 1, 2014
    Darkslayer

His story could be a show in and of itself. There are way to many questions about him that I have in order for him to make a cameo appearance.

10. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    Here's my idea: De-canonize TFU2, make TFU canon, have Starkiller have an appearance on Rebels as one of the Inquisitors, then have him get called away by Vader for a "special assignment," and that's the last we see of him on the show.

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  11. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    How about decanonize TFU completely(as it already is) and still get Sam Witwer involved somehow.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  12. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    I need to start a list.

Kyle Katarn - Yes

Dash Rendar - Yes

Trioculus - Yes

Starkiller - No

Han Solo - No

Obi-Wan Kenobi - No

Ahsoka...

[​IMG]

13. TrandoJedi

May 4, 2011
    Yes to Trioculus?

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  14. mnjedi

mnjedi JCC Arena Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Nov 4, 2012
    Starkiller is in the very small pile of EU works that I was happy to see go, and not just because of the ridiculous force powers and the neutering of Sidious and Vader.

I just hate the idea that everyone in the galaxy needs a jedi or sith holding their hand to actually do anything. I liked that the rebellion was a collection of regular people who knew that the empire was wrong. They knew they were hopelessly out-gunned and outmatched, but they started fighting and kept fighting because there was an evil that needed to be opposed, they didn't need a jedi, or failed sith apprentice to band them together or to convince them they could win, their conviction in what was right already did that.

TFU ruined that part of the story for me, in that vein Kanan even being around really ticks me off, but a TFU adaptation with starkiller...... ugh....

15. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    he doesn't have to be though. i would like to see him. perhaps in an cameo where he just shows up for a second.

Darkslayer likes this.
  16. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    Absolutely. Also, you should know "Star Wars Expanded Universe 1976 - 2014" was not a coherent, consistent group of stories. It was already riddled with contradictions when all there was was the OT, a few novels, and the Marvel comics run, and went through several reboots and reclassifications of what was really part of the story or not through the decades. It never all worked together, except maybe 1976 - 1977.

17. TrandoJedi

May 4, 2011
    Well of course! Nothing's perfect! Contradictions are inevitable but...I still like the idea most of it was one whole universe with inconsistencies here and there.

Darkslayer and Iron_lord like this.
  18. Heero_Yuy

Heero_Yuy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    I think Ahsoka should replace Starkiller as Vader's second apprentice.

19. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    Starkiller, like Dark Empire really should not be factored into any canonical stories. Even if Rebels does not aim to be canonical like The Clone Wars, the story of Starkiller should be left out. I idea of some force user being more powerful than the Emperor, Vader, and Luke disrupts the entire story arch of the OT. Granted, Starkiller dies, but we really do no need another Anakin who can crash Star Destroyers in orbit and have you wonder why he can be defeated by Kanan Jarrus.

20. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    If you're okay with that I honestly don't think you'll be that disappointed by the new arrangement, unless your favorite EU is all post-ROTJ.

21. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I think she should get an operation and become Starkiller.

22. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    Starkiller wasn't more powerful than Sidious. Also, it doesn't matter if he was or was not more powerful than Vader - Luke's struggle was emotional in ROTJ more so than Force-related.

23. TrandoJedi

May 4, 2011
    Oh I'm actually really looking forward to the new novels coming and such, eager to see what will re-enter canon, and hoping it will last. It's Star Wars, I love just about everything Star Wars so I will definitely be trying it out!

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  24. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    Actually, according to the Force Unleashed novel, Starkilelr nearly kills Sidious when he sacrifices himself. Starkiller could have slayed Sidious, if he had not chosen to save the Rebellion instead.

25. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    starkiller doesn't need to be like he was in the games. if you wanted to use him he could just be vader's apprentice. he would look and sound the same but he wouldn't be super powerful. he could just cross paths with the heroes like a crossover in comic books.

sarlaccsaurs-rex and Darkslayer like this.