main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Darth Maul: Son of Dathomir

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by newdawn12, Jan 7, 2014.

1. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    How he survived, hopefully. Now that The Sith Hunters is no longer canon we need an explanation as to how he made his way to Lotho Minor.

Revanfan1 and darklordoftech like this.
  2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I doubt it because they have already written the plot.

3. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Exactly what I was thinking. Might Talzin be an ancient Sith who used her powers to enslave the Nightsisters and Nightbrothers and who resurrected Maul to retake control of the Sith?

thejeditraitor likes this.
  4. agentkrycek

agentkrycek Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 4, 2012
    I prefer Talzin remains a Nightsister and not a former Sith, but I like the idea of her being some ancient evil that was responsible for ressurecting Maul from the dead.

5. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    I would rather Mother Talzin be a Kwa than a Sith.

6. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    I'd guess that the plot we saw on Bardotta from Season 6-- stealing "Living Force" energy from living beings and storing it in it's green form in her orbs-- is the one they are going to further explore, and how it can be re-constituted into beings like Maul and Savage to increase their powers and abilities. I think Darth Maul's crazy spider survival through dark side hatred and insanity was already dealt with.

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  7. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    I haven't seen much TCW at all, but what if Maul actually never came back and the Maul of the show is the Son from Mortis? Could that be plausible? Like I said, I haven't seen much of the show so I don't know the specifics.

8. credar

credar Jedi Master star 3

Sep 18, 2011
    The probability of this theory being true is 3,720 to 1.

Darkslayer and cwustudent like this.
  9. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    "Dark side hatred" isn't dealing with Maul's survival. However, you have given me an idea: that sometime in between Maul's bisection and when Savage found him, Talzin gave "living force" to the top half of Maul, hence his survival.

10. kecen

kecen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    I dunno, that poster might be aimed at people who didn't watch TCW and need an explanation for why Maul is appearing in this comic.
    His survival needs a bit more explaining, I suppose. Nightsisters know how to reanimate the dead...

11. Sable_Hart

Sable_Hart Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2009
    I vote against further exploration of Mother Talzin's "orbs." [face_sick]

12. Erkan12

Erkan12 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    Sith Hunters still remains i think. Not that all legends are non-canon, they are non-canon only new movies or NU makes another story which impugn it. And I highly doubt about they will change the sith hunters story...

13. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    That's her whole raison daison d'etre, man. You can't just get rid of em now.

Sable_Hart likes this.
  14. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Mother Talzin does she contradict the EU

15. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    If they could work a way to reference Darth Plagueis in this series, I'd be one happy fan. Maul did cheat death after all...

Although I must say, just seeing the "Mauldalorians" in action again makes me giddy with excitement.Darth Maul teaming up with Mandalorians was one of the coolest things about the Shadow Conspiracy arc, and I'm glad we'll see more of that.

Heh, droid humor finds its way into the TCW comic. Typical, but I did smile at all the commando droids saying "Negative."

Just under a week left before the first issue comes out! =P~

16. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    The solicit for the final issue:

Star Wars: Darth Maul—Son of Dathomir #4 (of 4)
    Jeremy Barlow (W), Juan Frigeri (P), Mauro Vargas (I), Wes Dzioba (C), and Chris Scalf (Cover)
    On sale Aug 20
    FC, 40 pages
    $3.50
    Miniseries
    Count Dooku is possessed by the spirit of Mother Talzin! Darth Maul’s Shadow Collective is shattered! The Separatists attack! And Darth Sidious himself enters the fight!

17. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    Holy ****.

Edit: Here's the cover.

[​IMG]

18. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Well people will be getting the widely sought after Talzin/Sids duel after all.

19. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    That picture just blew my mind. [face_hypnotized][face_dancing] Now I'm more pissed than ever that TCW got canceled. We would have gotten that fight in an episode... [face_waiting]

20. credar

credar Jedi Master star 3

Sep 18, 2011
    All we needed was for them to get order for 1 production season (plus finish the season 5 production season). They could've done this, Mandalore, Bounty Hunter, Ventress, Anakin/Obi-Wan and a wrap up arc. 6 arcs.

Maybe one day we will get to see the Mandalore or the BH or a wrap up arc/movie in the future.

Until then...By the Goddess....that cover! [face_hypnotized]

Revanfan1 and Dark Lord Tarkas like this.
  21. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    Maybe if they do a Darth Maul live-action film as one of the upcoming Star Wars "side" feature films they will make it an adaptation of this comic so he gets his on-screen conclusion.

22. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I'm getting very strong Dark Empire and/or ToTJ vibes from that cover. :D Palps also kinda looks like a Xenomorph, funny enough. :p

darklordoftech likes this.
  23. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Is it just me or does that cover scream "explanation for Palpatine's face"?

24. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    Man, really would of loved to see Mauls final(presumably) moments in the show.

I guess this will have to do though.

Darkslayer and Dark Lord Tarkas like this.
  25. kecen

kecen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    Do you suppose that's not Mother Talzin on the cover, but a possessed Dooku wearing Talzin's clothes?