main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Recanonized EU: A List

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ordo Skirata, May 1, 2014.

1. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Here's another way of thinking about it.

Until Friday (pre-Legends):

After Friday (post-Legends)

2. Ordo Skirata

Ordo Skirata Jedi Master star 2

Sep 3, 2012
    Thanks for the suggestions and corrections everyone. I've updated my file, but the 90 minute edit window is long gone for the original post. So, I suppose now I'll have to pester a mod every time the OP needs updating.

3. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Dp4m -- you forgot that there is at least one nest of gundarks (whatever those are -- something Luke may have been able to pull arms off of) on Ansion, though it is unclear if it is a metaphorical or literal nest.

Sent from a loaner phone with horrid autocorrect. Expect lots of errors.

4. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

I'm not entirely certain we can extrapolate from AOTC that the "nest of gundarks" incident took place in the Ansion mission. More like:

"At some point in their relationship, Obi-Wan fell into a nest of gundarks and was rescued by Anakin."

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  5. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    Do all the background characters in the films that where named in the EU keep their names or do they go back to just being nameless?

6. Starkeiller

Starkeiller Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 5, 2004
    By the way, Bane's orbalisk appearance almost made it into "canon" because George Lucas greenlighted it. Just something to keep in mind.

7. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    The old system gave the labeling of people, races and objects in the movies G-canon status - I doubt that will change.

8. Grievousdude

Jan 27, 2013
    What are the Canon levels?

9. Jedi Princess

Jedi Princess Jedi Master star 4

Mar 25, 2014
    Nope. Different adventure. According to "Dooku Captured," gundarks are only found on Vanqor (or at least, as far as Anakin knows).

You should watch the episode. Gives a whole new meaning to Han's turn of phrase.

10. Ordo Skirata

Sep 3, 2012
    Canon levels were (With the recent announcements, I believe they are not in use anymore) different ways of distinguishing the 'canonicity' of things.
    Here are the different levels from wookieepedia:
    GrandAdmiralJello I've got an updated catalogue now, would you be so kind as to edit the OP for me if I sent you the new list?

11. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    Wookiee slaves appear in the new Rebels trailer, so I guess they've been recanonized.

12. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    You were afraid Wookiees were non-canon? Geez, me too!

13. purplerain

Sep 14, 2013
    I meant Wookiees being slaves of the Empire.

14. Guy-Gone_Weird

Guy-Gone_Weird Jedi Master star 2

Jul 28, 2003
    Wasn't Zorba the Hutt mentioned in TCW novelization?

Also Prince Xizor is in The Phantom Menace.......as a Micro Machine. :p

15. mnjedi

mnjedi JCC Arena Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Nov 4, 2012
    Yellow Lightsabers, we mustn't forget the yellow lightsabers.

16. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008

When I think of all this info lost, destroyed, I think of this scene....

I so wish Disney would have committed less "bloodshed" upon the EU. There is so much potential/greatness in the EU that it warranted at least some of it staying canon. The star wars universe has really lost some of its "magic" and become a universe of less knowledge with the destruction of the EU :(

It's going to be weird whenever I check out wookipedia and realize almost all the info on said website is non-canon.

17. Ordo Skirata

Sep 3, 2012
    Cool (I think?). Now the question is whether Wookiee enslavement is an EU creation of from Lucas' notes.

Ahh, yea. The Jedi temple guards used yellow. Where were the first yellow lightsabers first from? Yun, from Dark forces II?

I'd forgotten about Zorba, thanks. I'm not sure about Xizor though, since he was just a plastic figure at the podrace.

Valin__Kenobi
    I'm not attempting to "backdoor" (as someone else called it) in any canon. This is a catalog showing the things that exist in the Universe within the confines that Disney has placed on Star Wars. Just because there is a planet named Qiilura, doesn't make Hard Contact canon. However, as I've said before, there is precedent to use the EU back stories, albeit with changes (e.g. Dathomir), which can be major or minor. And, since most of the people working on the new books and shows are those familiar with the EU, it would make sense that this process would continued (although, they might not do that at all, in which case, oh well).

Revanfan1 and purplerain like this.
  18. purplerain

Sep 14, 2013
    I do recall GL saying in the ROTS commentary that the Wookiees became smugglers in the dark times.

19. Starkeiller

Starkeiller Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 5, 2004
    From now on, let's assume that every idea originates in the EU. Just for the $%& of it.

20. Ordo Skirata

Sep 3, 2012
    Sorry for not updating this, I was on a trip (Yay for summer). Anyway, here is the updated list for your perusing pleasure. I've tried to take in everyone's suggestions and corrections, but if you notice anything, please let me know.

Planets:

• Aargonar: Used in The Clone Wars: Season 3: Ep. 10, originally from Republic: 59
    • Agamar: Used in TCW: Season 5: Ep. 5, originally from The Farlander Papers
    • Ando: Used in The Revenge of the Sith novelization, originally from Dark Force Rising
    • Ando Prime: Used in Attack of the Clones, originally from Episode 1: Racer
    • Ansion: Used in Attack of the Clones novelization, originally from Approaching Storm
    • Bestine IV: Used in TCW: Season 1: Ep. 10, originally from Star Wars: X-wing
    • Bogden: Used in Attack of the Clones novelization, originally from Droids: episode 8
    • Carida: Used in TCW: Season 5: Ep. 13, originally from Dark Apprentice
    • Cato Neimoidia: Used in Revenge of the Sith, originally from Labyrinth of Evil
    • Commenor: Used in A New Hope novelization
    • Concord Dawn: Used in TCW: Season 4: Ep. 17, originally from The Last One Standing: The Tale of Boba Fett
    • Coruscant: First used in the Phantom Menace, originally from Star Wars: 63
    • Dathomir: Used in TCW: Season 3: Ep. 12, originally from The Courtship of Princess Leia
    • Devaron: Used in TCW: Season 1: Ep. 5, originally from Empire Blues: The Devaronian's Tale
    • Dorin: Used in TCW: Season 2: Ep. 5, originally from Outcast
    • Falleen: Used in TCW: Season 1: Ep. 6, originally from Shadows of the Empire
    • Fornax: Used in A New Hope novelization
    • Galidraan: Used in The Clone Wars novelization, originally from Jango Fett: Open Season
    • Glee Anselm: Used in Attack of the Clones novelization, originally from unknown
    • Haruun Kal: Used in The Revenge of the Sith novelization, originally from Shatterpoint
    • Ilum: Used in TCW: Season 5: Ep. 6, originally from Jedi Quest: Path to Truth
    • Iridonia: Used in TCW: Season 3: Ep. 14, originally from Phantom Menaces
    • Irmenu: Used in The Clone Wars novelization, originally from Republic Commando: True Colors
    • Jabiim: Used in The Revenge of the Sith novelization, originally from Republic 55
    • Kadavo: Used in TCW: Season 4: Ep. 12, originally from The Clone Wars: Slaves of the Republic
    • Kiros: Used in TCW: Season 4: Ep. 11, originally from The Clone Wars: Slaves of the Republic
    • Korriban/Moraband: Used in TCW: Season 6: Ep. 13, originally from Tales of the Jedi: Dark Lords of the Sith
    • Lotho Minor: Used in TCW: Season 4: Ep. 21, originally from The Wrath of Darth Maul
    • Mandalore: Used in TCW: Season 2: Ep. 12, originally from Star Wars 68
    • Maridun: Used in TCW: Season 1: Ep. 13, originally from Empire: 16
    • Mimban: Used in TCW: Season 1: Ep. 5, originally from Splinter of the Mind’s Eye
    • Moonus Mandel: Used in The Phantom Menace novelization, originally from Deep Spoilers, Gamer 4
    • Munnilinst: Used in The Revenge of the Sith novelization, originally from Specter of the Past
    • Nal Hutta: Used in TCW: Season 3: Ep. 9, originally from Dark Empire
    • Nar Shadda: Used in The Revenge of the Sith novelization, originally from Star Wars: 16
    • Norulac: Used in Return of the Jedi novelization
    • Onderon: Used in TCW: Season 5: Ep. 2, originally from Tales of the Jedi
    • Ord Cestus: Used in The Revenge of the Sith novelization, originally from The Cestus Deception
    • Ord Mantell: Used in The Revenge of the Sith novelization, originally from The Bounty Hunter of Ord Mantell
    • Pesmenben IV: Used in Return of the Jedi novelization
    • Qiilura: Used in TCW: Season 4: Ep. 5, originally from Republic Commando: Hard Contact
    • Rattatak: Used in TCW: Season 3: Ep. 12, originally from Clone Wars Chap 6
    • Rodia: Used in TCW: Season 1: Ep. 8, originally from Shadows of the Empire
    • Ryloth: Used in TCW: Season 1: Ep. 13, originally from unknown
    • Saleucami: Used in Revenge of the Sith, originally from Republic: 72
    • Serenno: Used in TCW: Season 3: Ep. 12, originally from Darth Bane: Rule of Two
    • Sy Myrth: Used in Attack of the Clones novelization, originally from HoloNet News Vol. 531 45
    • Taanab: Used in Return of the Jedi novelization
    • Teth: Used in TCW: Season 1: Ep. 11, originally from The Hutt Gambit
    • Tibrin: Used in TCW: Season 1: Ep. 5, originally from Star Wars: Rebellion
    • Tovarskl: Used in The Revenge of the Sith novelization
    • Trandosha: Used in TCW: Season 3: Ep. 21, originally from The Prize Pelt: The Tale of Bossk
    • Triton: Used in The Empire Strikes Back novelization
    • Tund: Used in The Phantom Menace, originally from Lando Calrissian and the Starcave of ThonBoka
    • Vanqor: Used in TCW: Season 1: Ep. 11, originally from Jedi Quest: Moment of Truth
    • Varl: Used in The Clone Wars novelization, originally from Darksaber
    • Zanbar: Used in TCW: Season 5: Ep. 14, originally from Darth Maul: Shadow Conspiracy
    • Zygerria: Used in TCW: Season 4: Ep. 11, originally from The Clone Wars: Slaves of the Republic
    Characters:

• Aarrpo, Gorga Desilijic: Used in TCW: Season 3: ep. 8, originally from Boba Fett: Bounty on Bar-Kooda.
    • Bel Iblis, Garm: Used in The Revenge of the Sith novelization, originally from Dark Force Rising
    • Boss: Used in TCW: Season 3: Ep. 14, originally from Republic Commando: Hard Contact
    • Choi, Tsui: Used in Revenge of the Sith, originally from Jedi Council: Acts of War.
    • Darth Bane: Used in TCW: Season 6: Ep. 13, originally from The Phantom Menace novelization.
    • Fixer: Used in TCW: Season 3: Ep. 14, originally from Star Wars: Republic Commando
    • Gaib: Used in The Clone Wars novelization, originally from Republic Commando: True Colors
    • Miraj Scintel: Used in TCW: Season 3: Ep. 12, originally from The Clone Wars: Slaves of the Republic
    • Narec, Ky: Used in TCW: Season 3: ep.12, originally from Jedi: Mace Windu.
    • Ro****: Used in TCW: Season 3: Ep. 11, originally from The Clone Wars: Slaves of the Republic
    • Scorch: Used in TCW: Season 3: Ep. 14, originally from Star Wars: Republic Commando
    • Secura, Aayla: Used in Attack of the Clones, originally from Republic 19
    • Sev: Used in TCW: Season 3: Ep. 14, originally from Star Wars: Republic Commando
    • Skirata, Kom'rk: Used in The Clone Wars novelization, originally from Republic Commando: Triple Zero
    • Tiure, Zorba: Used in The Clone Wars novelization, originally from Zorba the Hutt’s Revenge
    • Ventress, Asajj: Used in Star Wars: The Clone Wars (film), originally from Jedi: Mace Windu
    • Vos, Quinlan: Used in TCW: Season 3: Ep. 9, originally from Republic 17
    Species:

• Blood Carver: Used in The Clone Wars novelization, originally from Rogue Planet
    • Falleen: Used in TCW: Season 5: Ep. 14, originally from Shadows of the Empire
    • Goaasm: Used in Attack of the Clones novelization, originally from The Approaching Storm
    • Kaleesh: Used in Revenge of the Sith novelization, originally from Star Wars: Clone Wars Chapter 20
    • Lorridan: Used in Revenge of the Sith, originally from Han Solo’s Revenge
    • Theelin: Used in Return of the Jedi, originally from Dark Empire
    • Umbaran: Used in TCW: Season 2: Ep. 15, originally from Cloak of Deception
    Organizations:

• Black Sun: Used in TCW: Season 5: Ep. 14, originally from Shadow of the Empire
    • Death Watch: Used in TCW: Season 2: Ep. 12, originally from Jango Fett: Open Seasons
    • Hutt Grand Council: Used in TCW: Season 3, Ep. 08, originally from The Hutt Gambit.
    • Jal Shey: Used in The Clone Wars novelization, originally from Knights of the Old Republic: II
    • Kilian Rangers: Used in The Clone Wars novelization, originally from unknown
    • Night Sisters: Used in TCW: Season 3: Ep. 12, originally from The Courtship of Princess Leia
    • True Mandalorians: Used in The Clone Wars novelization, originally from Jango Fett: Open Seasons
    Vehicles:
    • Action VI transport: Used in Attack of the Clones, originally from Heir to the Empire
    • Outrider: Used in A New Hope, originally from Shadows of the Empire
    • Carrack-class Light Cruiser: Used in Revenge of the Sith novelization, originally from Heir to the Empire
    Droids:

• ASP-series droid: Used in A New Hope, originally from Shadows of the Empire
    Events:

• Battle of Galidraan: Used in The Clone Wars novelization, originally from Jango Fett: Open Seasons
    • Battle of Sarrish: Used in TCW: Season 5: Ep. 12, originally from Routine Valor
    I haven't included any of the material from the Rebel's trailer (e.g. the wookiee slaves) yet, as those scenes might not be final. Plus, what category would wookiee slavery fall under? Events, maybe?

21. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    I'm not certain this thread is the most relevant one to post this, but... I noticed that the fifth issue of the Star Wars Comic UK magazine has just been released. Technically, it's been published *after* the infamous announcement, so its content should be canon, right? ... right?

22. TOD-UK

TOD-UK Jedi Grand Master star 3

Mar 4, 2002
    The OT based comic strips in that UK magazine are pretty good actually, but I bet they haven't been written in consultation with the new Story Group at all, which already undermines the whole New EU angle of everything being under the same umbrella

23. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    That's probably the thing that bothers/angers me the most about all this: it just seems they've made the big announcement while the details haven't been thought of. On the whole, it looks very clumsy and not quite professional.

Random Comments likes this.
  24. Grievousdude

Jan 27, 2013
    I don't see why they even needed to make everything pre ROTJ non Canon in the first place.

25. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    They apparently don't want to be limited in any way.

Revanfan1 and darklordoftech like this.