main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Games SWC Senate - Reconstruction (v.2) -NOVA

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Bazinga'd , Apr 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    My esteemed Chancellor-

I can not vote for this bill, unless the sunset provision is physically included in the bill.

2. aalagartassle

aalagartassle Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2011
    *****rises***

Then please, senator of Tatooine officially vote to your constituents voice.
    But before you do, May I remind you that you seconded the bill.
    Adding an ultimatium to the seconding of the bill is not recognised once it was seconded. If you asked for a sunset clause before you hastily seconded the bill then there would be no problems.
    The senator Of Lohrans did not put a sunset in the bill once it was officially recognised. Once the draft was put out and then recognised the senator of Lohrans I repeat did not add a sunset clause and pushed the bill forward for Vote. With the technical difficulty of tags by the speaker and myself the bill was still, officially open. The voting period started once the senator of Lohrans issued his directive to the senate.
    ****sits****

3. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Mandalore's citizenry does a great deal of...business with those who call Hutt Space home. We cannot therefor vote to increase taxes which might prove harmful to those rather lucrative trade transactions. Mandalore votes NO.

Bill 4580: Taxation on products from Hutt Space
    Proposed by General Immodet Seconded by Bazinga'd
    The taxation on all non-vital products beings shipped in from Hutt Space will increase by 12%. This mainly applies for luxury goods and weapons. The bill does not apply for minerals being transported in and out of Hutt Space.
    The taxation on vital products such as food will remain the same. This bill will also increase taxes on services provided by people living in Hutt Space by 20%.
    FOR:
    General Immodet of Lorahns​
    Aalagar of Muunilinst
    AGAINST:
    Bardan_Jusik of Mandalore​
    Abstain:
    Ekhranomicka of Neutral​

[​IMG]

4. Ekhranomicka

Ekhranomicka Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 19, 2013
    Is that a quorum? I personally wouldn't know what to think if it wasn't

5. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    I will consider my options and place my vote tomorrow.

But Chancellor, I recommend you chose your words.more carefully towards one of your mist ardent supporters.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

6. aalagartassle

Jan 11, 2011
    ****rises***
    Yes indeed senator I will, but as chancellor I must uphold the letter of the constitution.
    I have however offended your propriety and will make sure that I curtail my mannerisms in the future.

****sits****

7. TheChosenSolo

TheChosenSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 2011
    Anakin Solo Revanchist enters his Senate pod, thrilled at the prospect of being the voice of his people for the Republic.

I, Anakin Solo Revanchist, humbly request to be recognized the newly elected Senator of the planet Califia.

General Immodet likes this.
  8. aalagartassle

Jan 11, 2011
    ****rises****
    Welcome senator Anakin Solo Revanchist of Califia, as body we hope we can make your planet and the galaxy prosperous and safe. I ask that you vote on all bills [including the 4580] and take nessacary steps in approaching the governments of the Vorc sector to negotiate a humanitarian pact with them and support the Nova crisis. I will ask the Speaker Jedi General Gelderd, to add you to the list of senators.

*****sits****

9. Ekhranomicka

Dec 19, 2013
    I, Ekhranomicka of Neutral, also welcome SenatorAnakin Solo Revanchist. May his works lead to a balanced galaxy.

aalagartassle likes this.
  10. Master Selkath

Master Selkath Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 5, 2013
    The taxation on all non-vital products beings shipped in from Hutt Space will increase by 12%. This mainly applies for luxury goods and weapons. The bill does not apply for minerals being transported in and out of Hutt Space.
    The taxation on vital products such as food will remain the same. This bill will also increase taxes on services provided by people living in Hutt Space by 20%.
    FOR:
    General Immodet of Lorahns
    Aalagar of Muunilinst
    Master Selkath of Manaan
    AGAINST:
    Bardan_Jusik of Mandalore
    Abstain:
    Ekhranomicka of Neutral

I vote for this bill.

11. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    I am also objecting to calling for a vote on this bill without adaquate time for debate.

As you so eloquently pointed out to me earlier, you must uphold the constitution to the letter of the law. Where in the Constitution does it say you can call for a vote without an adaquate time for debate?

12. aalagartassle

Jan 11, 2011
    My esteemed colleague I would direct you that a meta motion be your only avenue on this subject that it being a useful tool to see that a more lengthier proposal time is to be given.
    Within the constitution there is no reference to time limit of a proposal nor a time limit for debate, exactly opposite infact.

"It is recommended that Senators talk with other Senators to find consensus before advancing with a bill, but it is not required."
    This one line shows the only reference to debated bills and the recomendation that a bill is to be debated is not required.
    "To introduce a bill to be voted upon, a member should formally announce “I move that we adopt” … and then follow that with the bill, movement, action, etc to be taken. If another member of the game feels that this deserves to be voted upon, that member should second the bill. Once a bill has been seconded, it must be recognized by the Chief of State before voting on it can begin. Any member can make a motion or second a motion, with the exception of the Chief of State."
    There is no time period expressed in the constitution once a proposal has been seconded and refered to the Chief of State.
    There is no time period set to ever finish a bills voting time. It says "a period of time".
    Ambiguity therefore needs to be addressed.
    I would support the idea that a committee be formed steered by yourself to see if a meta motion could be looked at for debating periods to have mandatory time as well as voting periods having a mandatory time.

13. TheChosenSolo

Dec 9, 2011
    I cannot in good conscience support a system of unfair taxation, that tends to be the stuff revolutions are made of. Califia votes NO on Bill 4580.

FOR:
    Aalagar of Muunilinst
    Master Selkath of Manaan​
    AGAINST:
    Anakin Solo Revanchist of Califia
    Abstain:
    Ekhranomicka of Neutral

14. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    I can not support the indefinite increase in taxation, which this bill creates, absent specific Sunset provision language in the text.

FOR:
    Aalagar of Muunilinst
    Master Selkath of Manaan​
    AGAINST:
    Bazinga'd of Tatooine
    Abstain:
    Ekhranomicka of Neutral​

15. Master Mini 907

Master Mini 907 Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 3, 2013
    FOR:
    Aalagar of Muunilinst
    Master Selkath of Manaan
    AGAINST:
    Bazinga'd of Tatooine
    Master Mini 907 of Korriban
    Abstain:
    Ekhranomicka of Neutral

16. Jedi General Gelderd

Jedi General Gelderd Jedi Master star 5

Mar 6, 2004
    Bill 4580: Taxation on products from Hutt SpaceProposed by General Immodet Seconded by Bazinga'd

FOR:
    Aalagar of Muunilinst
    Master Selkath of Manaan
    Jedi General Gelderd of Tython

AGAINST:
    Bazinga'd of Tatooine
    Master Mini 907 of Korriban

Abstain:
    Ekhranomicka of Neutral

17. Ekhranomicka

Dec 19, 2013
    It seems my vote could be a deal-breaker. But I abide by the wishes of my citizenry...

18. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    Anakin Solo Revanchist: Welcome! Glad to see you have your way here. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

19. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    Of course you must vote your conscious and support your constituents. But I would encourage you to consider the effect that prolonged increased taxes would have on your world if this bill is passed without an explicitly stated sunset provision.

20. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    I just see the sunset clause as a political tool.
    Off the record, I think soem serious actions need to be taken against the Hutts who have been profiting from our instability.

21. aalagartassle

Jan 11, 2011
    ****rises***
    The vote will be closed in 24 hours from now.
    I hope everyone will have their say in the matter of bill 4580.
    No matter what outcome happens, I believe this has strengthened us as a body, it has created debate and given voice to all.
    ****sits***

22. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    Senator General Immodet. A political tool you say? How so. I would love to hear your thoughts on this. Moreover, your calls for "serious action" against the Hutts, appears to be egging on another fight that this Senate and galaxy can not afford. Havent we had enough bloodshed recently?

23. TheChosenSolo

Dec 9, 2011
    Actually, I'd like to clarify something. In the bill, it says "The bill does not apply for minerals being transported in and out of Hutt Space." I was thinking, doesn't spice count as a mineral? Tax food and supplies, but leave spice tax-free?

24. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    The crisis in the Vorc Sector has given the Senate an opportunity to increase taxation on products from Hutt Space without giving the Hutts any reason to take it as a sign of hostility. That is what I meant by "political tool".

I think serious actions need to be taken against the Hutt. The Hutts have been profiting from us.
    First, the Hutts backed the Vong Reborn. Now, they are misleasing refugees and making money out of it.
    A strong message needs to be sent to the Hutts. The Hutts, however, will always be one step ahead.
    That is why we need to strike where it hurts most... in their moneypocket! My bill will ensure that.

Never did I have the intention to get the Galaxy into another war. Remember the Maridun crisis, Senators!
    Together with Admiral Volshe, General Gelderd and Master Selkath, I journeyed to Nal Hutta to settle things down with the Hutts.
    Spice is created by energy spiders. The use of spice is only allowed for medical uses, if I remember correctly.
    Therefore, it would already be illegal to transport spice for non-medical uses.

25. Master Selkath

Master Selkath Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 5, 2013
    I agree with General Immodet 100%, for to long the hutts have profited over others suffering and this is a step to show them that we mean buisness. We don't have to go to war to deal with issues and this is a good way of avoiding it.

General Immodet likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.