main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I Bought Them All - the Figures, the Ships, even the LEGO! (Part 2)

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by LAJ_FETT , Sep 8, 2012.

1. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    I just figure that he's battle damaged ;) I like getting toys that have been loved. Fresh in box stuff is nice but I'm not overly picky so long as the item displays well.

Obi-Wan and Luke aren't bad - they're both beige though which gives them that blah quality. Maybe I'll feel better when I get them out of box.

2. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Rancho Obi-Wan is awesome. I went there last May and gave Sansweet a Yoda sketch card (complete with my contact info on it, in hopes I'd be name-dropped and Lucasfilm would come looking for me).

whostheBossk likes this.
  3. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    I love my Black series Obi. He looks so confused XD

TrakNar likes this.
  4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Post lady brought Insider issue #148 today.

5. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    Picked up two lego sets. Will have to check out what they are though.

6. Sithaldo

Sithaldo Jedi Master star 1

Nov 3, 2013
    My latest additon to the growing collection.

Boba Fett Adidas Originals.
    [​IMG]

Picked them up off of eBay for £95. They've apparently been worn just the once. After inspecting them there is no wear on the soles, no scuffs that shouldn't already be there so I consider to have gotten hold of them for that price as a bargain. Unfortunately they don't have the original box.

After checking out what they go for I'm reluctant to even wear them, and to stick them in a box for a later date so they don't get ruined.

whostheBossk likes this.
  7. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I'm torn on something like that. I have a Marc Ecko Fett hoodie that I picked up in a local TK-Maxx store for about 1/3 of the original price. I've worn it (it's very warm and my flat can be cold in winter) but not in public as it is a size too large on me and therefore pretty baggy. Great for in the flat tho! Anyway, I think clothing should be worn. Having said that, I picked up a Fett bomber jacket at the London Film & Comic Con last year and have yet to wear it outdoors. Why? This winter was actually too warm and way too wet for it.

8. Sithaldo

Nov 3, 2013
    I've got the Ecko Stormtrooper hoodie and the Fett ones. I've worn them both. Only occassionaly out. Sometimes I'll wear my Fett hoodie to work. But it's not been worn that much.

I suppose it depends on what your intentions are really. At the moment I have no intention to sell anything I own, so I might end up wearing them. It's just the resale value on those trainers seems to be an easy way to make back much more than what I paid for them. Especially if I keep them unworn.

9. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I saw the Stormie and Vader hoodies when I bought the Fett one but gave them a pass. All three would have been too much money (and too big as the only sizes were either the same as the Fett or larger).

10. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    I say wear it on Star Wars occasions...which is like everyday! Picked up a lot of vintage weapons and finally got a Yoda orange snake (need the cane), Gammorean guard axe, some blasters, Squid Head cloth for waist (need waist brace), and Bib Fortuna staff (he's complete). Also picked up a vintage Lobot and Scout trooper carded. Have another lot of figures on way, I plan to match them up with some weapons and sell 'em

11. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I have a Mark Ecko Yoda hoodie I wear off and on, and a Boba Fett hoodie I got at Hot Topic a while back. Clothes are meant to be worn, so I wear them. That includes my Javva the Hutt t-shirt.

12. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    I agree. Clothes are to be worn! The only clothing items I don't wear are shirts with autographs, such as a tim seeley sign Hack/Slash shirt, and a Todd McFarlane spider-man shirt. I have the shirt I got with the Star Wars blu-rays still sealed, but that's because that thing is like four sizes to small for me. I'm a big man, 6'3. A men's small doesn't cut it, haha.

13. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    So I was in town today and went into the local branch of The Works. They basically do stuff like older books, art supplies, DVDs etc at discount prices. They had a display of Kitt-O Construction Kits for 99p each - a mix of Star Wars and Doctor Who. Once I saw the Fett that was it. I picked up two of him (one to open) and a Doctor Who Weeping Angel. You can see pics of both series here on Amazon UK. They are asking £7 for the set of SW ones so I got a bit of a bargain.

Juke Skywalker likes this.
  14. DarthWilliams

DarthWilliams Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2008
    Whoa, that Pilot Luke is awesome.

15. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    They had all of them in the display and Luke did look good but all I wanted was Fett.

whostheBossk likes this.
  16. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Update - this was a bit of a Sith to put together but it doesn't look too bad. I feel no desire to assemble the Doctor Who Weeping Angel though.

17. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    Got a micro fighters lego tie fighter today. LOVE the pilot lego minifig! He looks great! Quick and easy build. Getting pretty into buying the Legos. I open my Legos, and keep my figures sealed. Gives me something to play with, and something to keep. Been very tempted to open my black series figures, so I needed that!

whostheBossk likes this.
  18. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    Found a vintage collection TPM Obi-wan for five bucks today! Picked him up as my first vintage figure.

DarthWilliams likes this.
  19. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Got a box of Reeses Puffs with a SW pen inside. Haven't dug through the cereal, yet, as I'm saving that fun for breakfast time.

20. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Post lady brought issues 13-16 of the SW Fact Files. Issue 14 has a nice Jango cover.

21. Sithaldo

Nov 3, 2013

Oo, hopefully I'll have mine waiting for me when I get home then.

22. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    There should have been a free binder with it but a note inside said that was delayed til the next shipment.

23. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Received my vintage Nien Nunb with weapon and Rebel Transport front & back covers in mail. Now I have two Rebel Transports with one almost complete, just needing two guns

24. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I know Brian's Toys used to sell replica weaponry like blasters and light sabers for figures - might be worth a look.

25. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I opened that box of cereal and got myself another Mace Windu pen! Especially handy since my other one died. Long live the purple ink!