main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Most powerful Jedi/Sith

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Summers1913, May 14, 2014.

1. DBZGTKOSDH

DBZGTKOSDH Jedi Master star 1

Aug 31, 2013
    Hey, as long as it's not contradicted, you can still count it in your canon. ;)

AplagueOnTheWise and Darkslayer like this.
  2. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    And I do :p

And maybe even if it does get contradicted...depends on the source.

AplagueOnTheWise and DBZGTKOSDH like this.
  3. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    1. Luke's/Anakin's potential
    2. Mace with lightsaber
    3. Sidious and Yoda
    4. Anakin in reality/Luke in ROTJ
    5. Vader
    6. Dooku
    7. Maul
    8. Obi-Wan
    9. Qui-Gon
    10. Grevious

4. MOC Vober Dand

MOC Vober Dand Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 6, 2004

I like this. Can you please explain why Maul is above Obiwan though?

5. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Maul pushed Obi-Wan off the ledge. Obi-Wan was only able to bisect Maul because Maul was distracted.

6. MOC Vober Dand

Jan 6, 2004
    Fair enough. Poor old Obiwan doesn't get much credit for his wins does he? Defeats the ever-so-impressive Maul and The Chosen One but can still only pull eighth place! :p

7. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Lucas confirmed it, and you can see in Ian's acting how he's savouring the memory.

8. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    My list was a raw power-based list. Factoring cunning and sensing and making use of oppertunities would move Obi-Wan and Palpatine up.

MOC Yak Face likes this.
  9. DBZGTKOSDH

DBZGTKOSDH Jedi Master star 1

Aug 31, 2013

Source? Not that I don't believe you, I'm just curious.

10. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    The RoTS novel had Palpatine say outright that Plagueis was his master, and according to the author it underwent a "line by line" edit by Lucas.

Kato Sai likes this.
  11. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    The DVD audio commentary also confirms it, IIRC.

Arawn_Fenn and Kato Sai like this.
  12. Erkan12

Erkan12 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    Grievous was not a force user. Maybe you can add Asajj Ventress or Savage Opress at number 10.

13. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    I do not think Grevious, Asajj Ventress, or Savage Opress were close to being the most powerful Sith. If we put them in the category of most powerful Dark Side apprentices or users, then I would add Asajj Ventress.

14. MOC Vober Dand

Jan 6, 2004
    Grievous was fairly formidable. He gave Obiwan a run for his money and Obiwan (even from number 8 ranking) took down Maul and Anakin.

15. Erkan12

Erkan12 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    Grievous was most likely a coward, he was using magnaguards and assassin droids for hunting the jedi. But Asajj and Savage was not. Asajj Ventress defeated Kit Fisto in Cestus Deception, and Savage defeated Plo Koon in Sith Hunters and murdered Adi Gallia.

16. Darth Dnej

Darth Dnej Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2013
    Film characters ONLY taken into account here.

1. Palpatine
    2. Yoda
    3. Mace Windu
    4. Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader
    5. Dooku
    6. Obi-Wan Kenobi
    7. Darth Maul
    8. Luke Skywalker
    9. Qui-Gon Jinn

17. Alienware

Alienware Jedi Master star 3

Apr 19, 2013
    Yes.

Darth Dnej likes this.
  18. AplagueOnTheWise

AplagueOnTheWise Jedi Master star 3

Oct 27, 2013
    Being probably the most Indepth, intricate, political, and elaborate novels the EU has to offer, I don't see how they can retcon this. Especially since the author of this novel is still with the new Legends series and this novel had Lucas' approval.

And still Sidious is by far the strongest. Screw potential it's what is accomplished and the power demonstrated. Hell every true Sith Lord , not apprentices, will theoretically be stronger than any jedi. However I do but Yoda up there just for his sheer age he could learn more and improve. Which is how is displayed throughout the entire series.

19. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    It's not a retcon. The novel (which isn't canon since last month) didn't create the character, nor did it establish that he was killed during his sleep.

That doesn't mean anything.

20. naboo_

naboo_ Jedi Youngling

May 5, 2014

Hi Kato Sai. I do not believe that Grievous was Sith at all. There would have been at least some midi-chlorians residing in what remained of his biological remains, and so he may have been force-sensitive to some degree, but that is about it.

Arawn_Fenn likes this.
  21. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Anakin is IMO

22. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    naboo_ Greetings. I have never considered Grevious a Sith myself. As you so astutely put it, he might be Force Sensitive, but that is all.

23. Game3525

Game3525 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 25, 2008
    1. Sidious
    2. Yoda
    3. Mace
    4. Anakin/Luke
    5. Dooku
    6. Obi-Wan
    7. Qui-Gon
    8. Vader
    9. Maul

24. Among the Clouds

Among the Clouds Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2001
    This is solely a personal list and only going by what we see in the films.

1. Yoda/Sidious - TIE - I believe we see these two at their peak potential in the Force, and their duel is shown in a way that basically shows them to be on equal footing as it ends in a draw.
    2. Mace - We know he's a senior member of the Council, and the films have been set up to make it sound as if he's second to Yoda. Plus, he beats Sidious in their duel.
    3. Anakin - His abilities speak for themselves, plus that whole Chosen One thing.
    4. Dooku - He held his own against Yoda and knocked out Obi-Wan twice.
    5. Obi-Wan - He's been around long enough to have become a powerful Jedi master. What he lacks in physical prowess he makes up for by being wise and cunning.
    6. Qui-Gon - He was obviously a wise Jedi who had seen a lot and saw the potential in Anakin. He lost to Maul, but was possibly stronger in the Force.
    7. Vader (OT) - He beat Obi-Wan (though not technically, since Obi-Wan allowed it), beat Luke the first time, and still retained some of what he had in the PT.
    8. Luke - By ROTJ, Luke is strong enough in the Force and wise enough to defeat Sidious. Perhaps not on a physical level, but he beat Sidious in the game he was playing to get him to kill Vader and join him. I think had we gotten a glimpse of Luke five or ten years later, he'd be much higher up on this list, but I don't feel as if we witnessed him in his prime in the OT.
    9. Maul - Strong he was with the dark side, but not that strong.

25. ObiAlKenobi

ObiAlKenobi Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 10, 2012
    I would say the most powerful were the Emperor and Dooku. They were also the smartest of any Sith OR Jedi in my opinion. Intelligence is key in determining who is most powerful. When to play possum (as I believe the Emperor was doing with Windu), to lie, to manipulate, etc. As far as sheer power, I would still put both of them at the top of my list.