main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Worst Star Wars video game

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by SteveMcgrath, May 12, 2014.

1. SteveMcgrath

SteveMcgrath Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2014
    While there have been a lot of great games using the license, there have been some mediocre (Lethal Alliance), bad (Episode II on the GBA) to horrible (Masters of Teras Kasi)
    While these are sub par games for me, my personal worst is Bounty Hunter for the PS2. While it isnt the worst, it was still pretty disappointing, especially since the Mandos are some of my favorite characters. Force Unleashed 2 was pretty bad for me too.
    I actually have some nostalgia for Jedi Power Battles for the GBA and maybe even The New Droid Army. I dont know if they still hold up but I enjoyed Jedi Power Battles a lot as a kid, maybe because I didn't own many GBA games and I was on a trip. These games are apparently lukewarm, though.

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Now I loved Bounty Hunter but The Force Unleashed drove me mad with all the button mashing. I didn't finish it.

3. Life

Life Jedi Master star 3

Sep 4, 2012
    At least Masters of Teras Käsi had the novelty of being the only fighting game with characters from Star Wars. What about Star Wars: Demolition? A useless premise from the onset, if I ever saw one.

4. TheChosenSolo

TheChosenSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 2011
    Episode II for GBA was one of the first video games I ever had, and the only bad memories I have of it were the hours I'd spend trying to get past certain levels - Geonosis most notably.

5. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    I would say the most disappointing was both of TFU games, I was so excited and ended up so disappointed. It actually affected me in a way that caused me to never buy 60 games again (in addition to some others from '08 that contributed to that cause). But of the games I have played Clone Wars: Lightsaber Duels for the Wii is the worst, the mechanics didn't work at all. I would of preferred another Masters of Teras Kasi than that game.

Star Wars really needed some solid fighters.

6. Zer0

Zer0 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    Wasn't there a fighter for the PS2? Maybe it was for the PS1? I forget the title, old as hell. But I agree, definitely need a fighter, I'm excited for Battlefront, but shooters are awfully meh these days.

As for the worst SW game, probably TFU, those were just irritating, Episode 1 for the PS1/PC was annoying too, I've loved pretty much any other SW game I've played.

7. sharkymcshark

sharkymcshark Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 12, 2013
    Force Unleashed 1 was decent. Force Unleashed 2 was simple and horribly short by comparison but I think it's still a fair ways from being the worst Star Wars game ever.

Battle for Naboo was pretty pants, as I remember it.

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  8. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    I couldn't say which one was objectively worst but The Force Unleashed II was easily the most disappointing. It's so beautiful... and that's it. 4 hours long, yet the combat still manages to be repetitive. The story is dreadful and incomplete.

Ichor_Razor and TrandoJedi like this.
  9. Rauno

Rauno Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 13, 2013
    Force Unleashed for me. Looked pretty, story ruins it.

Sent from my GT-S5660 using Tapatalk 2

Life and TrandoJedi like this.
  10. StrikerKOJ

StrikerKOJ Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 21, 2014
    The Phantom Menace game that came out just after the movie was pretty awful. I remember getting stuck in the Tatooine level for ever looking for some part or key or some crap.

The Force Unleashed was a huge letdown as well. I remember seeing previews of the engine they used to make the game before it was announced, and was very excited to see maybe an updated Jedi Knight. Too bad the story was awful, and the controls were actually pretty bad for a game of that genre.

11. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Of the ones I've played, probably Jedi power Battles and TFU 2

Republic Commando was good but too short, Empire at War wasn't too bad but not much replay value I find.

12. IBYM

IBYM Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 17, 2014
    Force Unleashed II sticks out, poor story, very short and very little skill required just like the first one.

13. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    But the first one was at least well realised and had an interesting story.
    The second one undermined the entire first game and went way OTT for no reason other than to milk the popularity of the first game. Plus it left an annoying cliff-hanger that will probably never get resolved.

KOTOR II was unfinished but still very good, even better with the Restored Content stuff. That is the sort of sequel you want.

Thuro likes this.
  14. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Rebel Assault II.

15. DebonaireNerd

DebonaireNerd Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 9, 2012
    Star Wars Episode 3: Revenge Of The Sith for Playstation 2. This game was released PRIOR to the release of the film and followed the events of the story pretty much from beginning to end with footage from the film itself. Insult to injury, it was just a mindless button mashing light sabre action game with half-baked RPG elements. But, it was a movie-license related release to promote the film alongside the action figures and novels.

16. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Battlefront.

Ender Sai likes this.
  17. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Yoda Stories, but it was never meant to be a great game.

18. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012

Hated that games.

19. GunganSlayer

GunganSlayer Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    Pretty much any of the games from the The Clone Wars series go in the "bad" category of Star Wars games. Masters of Teräs Käsi is pretty horrid, as well, although as some of you mentioned, it gets a few "bonus" points for the novelty factor, I guess. Star Wars Demolition is another "what were they thinking" game, and the less said about Super Bombad Racing, the better.

I've got to bring up Force Commander, as much as it pains me to do so. I had such high hopes for that game, and loved the Imperial angle, but my goodness is that game a chore to play; what a complete and massive disappointment. That was a pretty huge dud for LucasArts, both critically and financially. And that remix of the Imperial March? Ugh.

Lastly, I weep that I live in a world where Star Wars Kinect exists. Ugh, ugh, ugh.

20. Brady2121

Brady2121 Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2014
    Definitely the Force Unleashed ll.... Too short, messed up plot, repetitive action, overall, bad game! :_|

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  21. Ichor_Razor

Ichor_Razor Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 6, 2004
    TFU2, the 3D Clone Wars games & I can't say I care much for Flight of the Falcon with what I've played so far.

22. Django Fett33

Django Fett33 Jedi Padawan star 1

Jul 19, 2013
    I never played this game before but i heard its REALLY REALLY BAD:

Star Wars Kinect.

23. StrikerKOJ

StrikerKOJ Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 21, 2014
    If that's the one with Star Wars characters dancing to trash pop music, then yes, really bad.

24. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002

That was Master's of the Teras Kasi, I didn't think it was that bad and rented it on multiple occasions. Leia's Boushh costume was a nice touch and I was awesome as Luke.

You take that back! Yoda Stories was an awesome little time waster. I remember getting the Spirit Heart, green lightsaber and... something else after so many wins. The CD had cool content on such as star wars themed application icons, mouse cursors and sounds. I even used the Windows 95 built-in sound recorder to edit the wav files on the CD to make a new theme of sounds for my pc.

[face_blush]

As for worst Star Wars game ever... I tried to avoid the bad ones so I couldn't honestly say, though getting stuck in Theed because Padme wouldn't follow me was VERY annoying on the TPM game...

Iron_lord likes this.
  25. Jair Crawford

Jair Crawford Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 3, 2012
    So far I've only played two Star Wars games (I plan to change that in the future, no worries); KOTOR II, and Obi-wan.

KOTOR II was amazing. Loved it. Looking forward to playing the first one. I know the story is awesome so I wanna get immersed in it.

Star Wars: Obi-wan got really bad ratings. But, I like it. It has a nice charm to it and it's a fun game. I just wish there was more to it.

I haven't played a bad Star Wars game yet.