main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars RPF Lightsaber Combat thread

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by DarthKakarot, Jul 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Padawan4687

Padawan4687 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 10, 2010
    IC: Alisha Tano
    Corner of the Sparring Arena

Alisha's green blade crashed into Ananta's, his blade hardly giving an inch to the rain of fierce blows the Togrutan set upon it. Feeling her top beginning to wobble, she twirled her lightsaber upward instead of holding it horizontal, so when she finished her final turn the blade would swing to her brother's shoulders instead of directly at his blade.

TAG: Ananta Chetan

2. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    IC: Ananta Chetan

In a myriad of Soresu deflections, Ananta is able to weather the storm of Alisha's fury and through a glimmer in her eye could see, just in time, to anticipate her shoulder strike enough to drop to the ground and roll sideways before bouncing to his feet once again, though be it a bit dustier than before.

Peering across the small arena to a far corner, Ananta notices two unoccupied speeder bikes parked amongst the stone rubble. Raising an eyebrow and looking at his friend, he momentarily lowers his weapon before speaking...

Those could make things interesting...

TAG Padawan4687

3. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    *Steps unto the scene with duo yellow Lightsabers.*

Anyone brave enough to face my Jar'Kai?

4. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: SG-12 "Twelve", Saber Guard

*Drops unto the scene with one lightsabre hilt on belt, and hefting a Model CR-24 flame rifle*

"I know what you are thinking, Punk. You are thinking, hold on, what's he doing with a flame rifle? Doesn't he know this is the RPF Lightsabre Combat Thread? Well, I'm down seven hundred creds getting this baby, and there is not an RPF Flame-projector Combat Thread to practice in. Soooo..."

Twelve pressed the trigger, and whatever liquid that was in the thing's tank, ignited on contact with air, billowing as yellow fire towards the dual lightsabre wielder.

Tag: Kato Sai

OOC: My apologies if this is not allowed. I tried to resist for all of two hours.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  5. Padawan4687

Jul 10, 2010

Alisha ended her attack there, breathing hard with the effort. She had a fist slightly clenched; he dodged everything without as much as a scratch! If anything, he had some more dust on him to show.

She caught his look, and following his eyes across the arena, Alisha spotted the two old speeder bikes parked against the opposite wall. Incredible...just what on earth was he suggesting...?! She lowered her own lightsaber, trying to picture a high-speed battle.

"What are you suggesting we do with them...?" she asked, shooting him a suspicious look. Leaning just slightly in the direction of the bikes, she was braced for whatever surprise her brother had ready.

6. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    *Sprints and slides beneath the stream or projectiles of fire and spins like tortoise with the two yellow sabers at Sith-I-5.*

Tag: Sith-I-5

7. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    OOC: You don't say which direction you are sprinting or sliding.

IC: SG-12 "Twelve"

Brave, Twelve thought as the opponent ducked under the stream with his...her...its' lightsabres drawn.

The Sabre Guard put one foot back and dropped to a knee, otherwise not changing the way he held the flame-rifle, so the billowing fire continued to spray in the same direction, just at floor level to meet the tortoise-spinner.

"Didn't think that through," Twelve muttered, "didja, buddy boy...girl...furry little green creature from Alpha Centauri..., delete as applicable."

He really had not expected the projector to be useful for this long, in a fight against a fellow Force user.

8. Ananta Chetan

Aug 11, 2013

"What are you suggesting we do with them...?" She had said, but he could feel that she already knew the answer to her own question.

Cocking his head to one side, he grinned at her, with a hint of mischief.

You know full well what I'm thinking.

Deactivating his blade and bolting for the nearest speeder bike, Ananta makes his way to the far end of the secluded corner of the arena where they had been sparring. Glancing over his shoulder to gauge Alisha's whereabouts, he deftly mounts one of the the bikes and fumbles for the ignition controls.

TAG: Padawan4687

9. Padawan4687

Jul 10, 2010

"You know full well what I'm thinking!" Ananta replied with a mischievous grin. He then whipped around and ran over to the speeder-bikes. Alisha managed to stay within three meters of him, and he began fumbling with the ignition controls of the old bike.

Alisha sprang for the second bike once Ananta got control of his, and being a ship mechanic, she fumbled slightly, but got the speeder to ignite and lift off the ground.

"You were saying...?" she asked him, mirroring the mischievous smile that he had just moments ago.

10. Ananta Chetan

Aug 11, 2013
    Main Sparring Arena

As both bikes spring to life, they quickly exit the secluded corner and emerge into the larger open arena that now contains a collection of Force users sharpening their skills against one another...which appears to include a collection of Sith Lords as well as someone who even seems be wielding a flame thrower. Slightly shuddering at the spectacle and deciding to avoid potentially disturbing anyone's duel as well as getting himself singed, Ananta merges his bike sharply to follow the circular path of the outer wall encircling the arena.

Examining the controls on the handle bars he tries to discern if the laser canon located in the underbelly of the bike is operational.

11. Padawan4687

Jul 10, 2010
    Main Sparring Arena

As soon as the Speederbikes took off into the main arena, Alisha was blasted by a fierce inner-chill. A heavily darkened aura...it must be more than one person. Raising her head, she could see several Dark Men in a group in a small area off to themselves. At another end, was a person wielding a flame-thrower! Not seeing armor on, she noticed it wasn't the pyromaniac Mando she was so sure it would.

"Woah..." she murmured, her eyes wide as she looked at the many battles going around.

Distracted by the spectacle, she didn't notice Ananta's gazing at his own bike.

12. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    *Having spun in direct straight line towards his enemy, Kato rose from the tortoise position just as he reached his oppoent's rifle and used his saber to cut the barrel from beneath. Kato then rose up in front of his opponent with both saber held in reverse grip.*

Kato: Your move.

TAG: Sith-I-5

13. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    OOC: You know you should be on fire now, right? Think about it. You spin underneath the fire, and by dropping to one knee, SG is aiming directly at you, at the same level as you, and the barrel-cutting doesn't stop anything whilst you calmly get up in front of him.

Expect the unexpected ought to be a watchword, Twelve thought as the sliced barrel clattered to the stone floor, and the opponent paused to rise in front of him, all without cutting himself on his reverse-gripped yellow lightsabres.

Twelve didn't know what Force power was allowing...Kato...not to burst into flame. He wondered if Mandalorians ever encountered this problem.

"If you are at a loose end after this, and I still have use of my hands, I can put in a call for you to join Coruscant Fire Service."

Standing, Twelve released the trigger on what was left of the CR-24, and laid it aside to his right, Force Pushing the weapon to skitter across the dark grey paving stones to the sides of the arena so that he did not accidentally step on it later.

He drew the simple lightsabre hilt from the right side of his belt, feeling instant discomfort as he held it in his left fist, seeing as he was used to wielding two blades, but had lost one on Port Haven in that last game.

He was sort of glad he was against this Kato character, as the relentless style of the first person he had tried to practice duel, probably would have overwhelmed him by now.

The Saber Guard re-grabbed the discarded CR-24 with his mind and threw it towards Kato's knees, then ignited the white blade of his lightsabre and jumped towards Kato too, bringing the blade overhead in an overhead power strike.

14. Ananta Chetan

Aug 11, 2013
    Sparring Arena

Winding his way through the debris strewn arena, Ananta faintly notices four sets of red eyes emerge from one of the arena entrances far ahead. Hearing the approaching hum of Alisha's speeder-bike from behind, he slows to match her speed and maneuvers his bike parallel to hers. As they draw nearer and look closer, they see that the eyes belong to four Super-Battle Droids, antiques of the Separatist Clone Wars campaign. As they come to within 100 meters of the machines, the lead droid raises his forearm cannon and begins to discharge a steady stream of laser bolts in their direction.

15. Padawan4687

Jul 10, 2010
    Main Sparring Arena

Alisha controlled her Speederbike with some apprehension as she maneuvered among the rubble of the arena alongside her brother. She was far more familiar with ships, but she had ridden a bike a few times back on her homeworld...

Once again, she noticed Ananta's attention moving, and following his lead, she could see several tiny red orbs. She leaned forward on her bike to get a closer look, noting her brother's bike moving parallel to her own. Now she was close enough to discern hulking gray shapes, and that's when it clicked. Those orbs were eyes - from...Super Battle Droids? I thought for sure all of them were decommissioned after the Clone Wars!Gazing at the relics from another time, she felt a strange twinge of nostalgia...her hand even drifted to her heirloom lightsaber. The relics were two-of-a-kind... And right on cue, the massive droids hefted their arm-cannons, and began to fire at the pair. Alisha let out a gasp, and yanked hard on her Speeder's joystick; the bike's engine roared as she swerved out of the way of the beams.

"Is this your idea of more interesting?" she shouted, beginning to fumble with the controls of her bike. It was way too dangerous to get close enough to use her lightsaber, and hopefully Ananta wouldn't take the droids' side!

16. Ananta Chetan

Aug 11, 2013
    Main Sparring Arena

This is where the fun begins.

In symbiotic harmony, as soon as Alisha steered clear of the approaching droid fire, Ananta swerved to allow his bike to meet it head-on. Controlling and steadying his bike with one hand and deft defensive precision, he swings his saber above his head, snapping it to life, allowing the emerging green blade to intercept and begin to parry-away each blaster bolt, sending the deflected energy harmlessly into the unoccupied arena stands.

Then with a portion of his mind he reaches out to Alisha mentally...

Light 'em up.

17. Padawan4687

Jul 10, 2010
    OOC: Are you suggesting I set the droids on fire?! :p

18. Ananta Chetan

Aug 11, 2013
    OOC: Since you are more familiar with speeder-bikes... perhaps you are also an adept with that belly-canon?

As you wish. Take it any direction you want to go. Give your imagination full liberty. ;)

19. Padawan4687

Jul 10, 2010
    Main Sparring Arena

Alisha could only stare as Ananta flew right into the line of fire, and began deflecting the laser bolts harmlessly into the stands. He went right where she didn't dare...

Light 'em up. Alisha wasn't facing her brother, but she could practically see his devious smile as she heard his voice through their mental link. For a moment, she wondered what he meant. Was he suggesting she set them on fire somehow? But....

Her gaze fell onto her Speederbike controls, and saw a lever at the very bottom of the console. It was for a single torpedo, at the belly of the bike. Hmmm! Grinning at the discovery, she sent Ananta a mental reply; How do you like your droid? Regular, or crispy?Pushing the lever, a trapdoor opened inside the bottom of the Speederbike, and a compact missile exited. Moments later, it ignited, and the flames scorched the air as the torpedo raced toward the gang of Super Battle Droids.

20. Ananta Chetan

Aug 11, 2013
    Main Sparring Arena

A billowing cloud of smoke and sparks mushrooms before Ananta as he veers his speederbike to the right of the explosion of droids. Seconds after passing through the smoke, Ananta faintly hears mechanical grinding footsteps and immediately sees that one of the Super Battle Droids has escaped the blast radius of Alisha's torpedo strike.

Intuitively without thinking, he reignites his lightsaber and from the seat of his bike throws it as a spear directly at the center of the droid's chest, watching it instantly spark, melt and pass through to the other side. Immediately the hulking robot slumps to the arena floor and Ananta accelerates his bike to catch up to and retrieve out of mid-air his still flying saber.

Spotting a clearing ahead Ananta, decelerates his bike and allows it to come to a rest, awaiting Alisha's arrival seconds behind.

21. Padawan4687

Jul 10, 2010
    Main Sparring Arena

"Yeaaah!" Alisha couldn't resist an excited holler as she watched the fireworks. But the grin she had quickly faded as she noticed a single hulking shadow among the flames of the explosion. One droid managed to escape! Glancing down at the controls again, she saw that the torpedo she fired was a single-shot.

And in the next instant, she caught the sound of a lightsaber igniting, and could only watch as Ananta hurled it directly at the droid relic's chest. Meeting it's mark, the blade sank in, out, and just kept going. Alisha thought it would go through the wall for sure, when her brother sharply accelerated, catching his flying lightsaber.

She let her own bike slowly coast to a stop beside his, with her smile back in place. "That was awesome! I've hardly ever fought droids before!" Her eyes began to scan the arena grounds, including the still smoldering remains of Super Battle Droids. "Hmmm...I wonder if there are any more of them!"

TAG: @Ananta_Chetan

Ananta Chetan likes this.
  22. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    OOC: Am I dueling two characters?

Kato's robe had ben singed by the flames of his opponent. He stood waiting for his opponent to make a move. When the saber was ignited, Kato knew that the real duel has begun and thus got into a stance to defend himself. His skills were now going to be put to the test.

Tag Sith-I-5

23. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    OOC: Kato Sai, why do you think you are duelling two characters?

Please read my post again, and react to what is in it, because I don't really know what to do when you ignore what I have written.

24. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Sith-I-5, I did not ignore what you have written. There is a "Twelve" character and saber guard. Since this is only causing us both frustration, I shall bow out and cease dueling.

*Kato hears a hum and steps back.*

Kato: I have been summoned. Fare well "Twelve," enjoy the dueling ring.

25. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002

The saber guard, whose designation is clearly...well, relatively clearly, SG-12, or "Twelve", drops out of the power strike, his vertically slicing lightsabre blade cleaving empty air as the one known as Kato Sai steps back out of the way.

Kato: I have been summoned. Fare well "Twelve," enjoy the dueling ring.

"Yeah...bye." Despite the brevity of the ordeal, SG-12 grins inanely to himself. "There must be something to this power strike business. Scares fraggers off."

The Saber Guard bows in respect to the venue, wheels around, and departs too. The place just does not seem to work out for him. You do an attack, people see what they want to see, and ignore what you do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.