main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Offspring of Obi-Wan Kenobi?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by BigAl6ft6, Apr 9, 2014.

1. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    As others have probably said throughout this thread, Obi-Wan having a child really undermines his character development in the PT. I'm hoping its a false rumour, just to troll us, but I'm starting to worry about the ST. If true, it seems J.J and others are desperate of ways to write original characters into the script and so are inventing contradicting scenarios to achieve their wishes.

"Hey, if Obi-Wan had a kid then we have a way for his ghost to random appear!"
    "Great idea"
    "Now, about Darth Vader returning....."

2. Dameron

Dameron Jedi Master star 4

Apr 8, 2014

Thinking back to the "new villain/Khan/John Harrison/oh wait no it's Khan" trolling that took place around the release of Into Darkness, I think Disney/Abrams are going to mess with us many, many more times.

3. DarthScully

DarthScully Jedi Master star 4

Oct 30, 2001
    well if this were ever to happen it cant be a direct descendant of Obi-Wan. a relative sure, by all means. but someone that old Ben sired? uh uh. he's one of those real stickler to the Jedi rules of not getting married, not having children, be dedicated to your duty blah blah yakety yak. wasnt that the critique of both Qui-Gon and Anakin to him? he's a stick in the mud. it goes against his personality thats been established in all 6 movies, and as the others have said, it shrinks the SW universe even more so. aint it the reason that the ST are being made other than more moolah is to expand the tale? and expanding the tale requires you know-- fresh blood

4. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    yeah - this ain't the davinci code

5. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    We don't need two hours of Jean Reno chasing Tom Hanks around Paris. Hmm, Jean Reno as a Mandalorian....

6. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Peter Stormare as a Mandalorian!

plaidphoenix likes this.
  7. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    Yes but JJ has said that in retrospect, that was a bad idea.

CairnsTony likes this.
  8. markdeez

markdeez Jedi Master star 3

Oct 27, 2005
    Please, God, no Kenobi babies. It just doesn't make sense.

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR and T-R- like this.
  9. thisguyisnotajedi

thisguyisnotajedi Jedi Knight star 3

May 16, 2014
    Anybody still think this could happen?

10. Claire1976

Claire1976 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 20, 2013
    Well, considering Maisie Richardson-Sellars was supposedly connected to this role when she was first rumoured, and now it looks much more likely that she's in it, then maybe it could still happen.

I'm not thrilled with the idea. It just seems forced. I think it's one thing to have the kids of the big three in the movie, but to cram in a Kenobi descendant as well just seems too much.

T-R-, Trebor Sabreon and ChildOfWinds like this.
  11. thisguyisnotajedi

May 16, 2014
    I'm kinda not sure what to expect. It could be good or bad. But seeing Old man Skywalker training a young Kenobi would be something.

12. Ricky Olié

Ricky Olié Jedi Padawan

May 7, 2014
    A Kenobi kid would be silly, it wouldn't make any sense for his character.

It's like Yoda or Palpatine having a kid.

13. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    I hope not.

I mean, the way I see it, if they do it, I'm sure I'll wind up accepting it. And if they wind up finding a way to tell it convincingly enough, I may even really enjoy it.

But on the surface? I don't know. The idea just doesn't seem to pass the smell test with me. I'd like to think we can do better than "you'll never guess... there's a new Kenobi!"

14. acroyear7

acroyear7 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 11, 2006
    Please, no offspring. Do you realize if Obi-wan had kids they'd probably be in their 40's and 50's in the sequel trilogy- at least, if not older (or a little closer to Luke's age). I mean, in ANH, he must've been in his 60's. So his offspring would've been full grown by then (assuming he had them in his 40's). Apart from that, Obi-wan having offspring is absurd and goes against the character established earlier. It's like Abrams and Kasdan are grasping at straws. No, no, AND NO. Out of the question. How would they explain OB1's offspring in Ep. 7?? Please let this be a false rumor.

15. acroyear7

Feb 11, 2006
    Why would she have to be HIS offspring? She could be playing an entirely different character. Plus the actress is in her 20's. Obi-wan's daughter wouldn't of been born by the time of the events in Return of the Jedi, and Ob1 was long dead by then.

16. acroyear7

Feb 11, 2006
    People need to realize if OB1 had a daughter, she'd be in her 50's by the time of Ep. 7.

17. thisguyisnotajedi

May 16, 2014
    The rumor was decedent or offspring.

18. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    I have two problems with this rumor:
    1. Wasn't the Saga supposed to be about the Skywalkers? Re-introducing the Kenobi clan would water that down severely.
    2. Remember, folks, that this is supposed to be aimed at kids. That's why we have ewoks and Jar-Jar Binks (insert retching noises here). I know you're joking about Obi-Wan "gettin' busy" but they wouldn't even be able to imply sex in here, methinks. They sorta did with Anakin and Padme, but never, never, never out of wedlock. [face_shame_on_you] I mean, even the one-handed-one got married at the end of Ep II.
    That being said a Kenobi relative being orphaned on Tattooine would be an interesting plot twist. Bitterness at daddy never showing up (never mind that he was busy getting cut in half by a Dark Lord of the Sith). Realizing she has powers that can get her by. Getting preggers herself and raising her daughter with plenty of hatred in her heart. Got "Dark Jedi" written all over it.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  19. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I'm sorry, but Obi-Wan having a kid will be just as bad as Anakin having no father.

Let's hope JJ is more sensible than that.

20. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I would say it's still possible simply because it keeps showing up in the rumor mill. Now, that may mean absolutely nothing, but I just find it odd that this thing won't die. It makes you wonder if there may be some truth to it. Personally, I'm not overly thrilled with the whole idea, but I can come to accept it if it's done right.

I don't think we're dealing with a son or daughter. According to the rumors, it was to be a granddaughter or some other descendant.

Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  21. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Could still be a direct daughter if Kenobi sired a kid, like, 5 minutes before he saved Luke from the Sandpeople. That's why he was so jovial and genial! "Hello there!"

HanSolo29 likes this.
  22. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Exactly!

23. acroyear7

Feb 11, 2006
    Which begs the question, what about his/her mother?

24. acroyear7

Feb 11, 2006
    A daughter/son would be a decedent or offspring.

25. Claire1976

Claire1976 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 20, 2013
    And so would a granddaughter or grandson. If Maisie is playing a descendent of Kenobi then taking her age into account it's obvious she isn't his daughter...unless Force ghosts can have babies ;)