main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit When We Can Expect First Details on Marvel's Comics

Discussion in 'Literature' started by cdgodin, May 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cdgodin

cdgodin Jedi Master star 4

Oct 9, 2009
  2. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Hmm. That's good. I was worried that we would have to wait until after 2015 started to learn about their new stuff. Wonder what we will get. Probably a series set between ANH and ESB. Please just have it be better than the current Star Wars series by Brian Wood.

Revanfan1 and DelRiego like this.
  3. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Who knows... maybe Wood will just continue it for Marvel. :p

4. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Knowing them, they would.

5. Darth_Garak

Darth_Garak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2005
    If they do that, I will laugh.

6. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Well, this is good, at least we have something now o look forward to, and I hope that whatever comes out is good. On the Wood note, let me tell you the stuff is not bad in fact I like better than what came before. Also, not to throw numbers out there but almost every issue of Woods Star Wars has crossed the top 100 in sales and thats something I just havent seen many star wars titkes do, with the exception of The Star Was 8 issue run which has been fantastic. So while I can accept that not everyone will like Wood, Wood's star wars has given Dark Horse unbeleivable sales numbers, and if he continues it then by all means thats great becuase that means that this will pass the story groups approval and is now part of teh new canon. In a way I hope it does since it gives Dark Horse a bit of ....kmowing that their series was picked up right were it stopped by marvel. Not a bad idea

7. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I also think that maybe one of the on-going series has to be related to Episode 7. Were they do a lead in to the movie then something in between and beyond onto Episode 8. The next series has to be between ANW and Empire or maybe something with Rebels.

8. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    That timetable sounds pretty accurate. We'll get solicits for Jan comics in Nov, but Marvel will have marketed the hell out of the line way ahead of that.

Of the first I'm sceptical because it's Abrams, he doesn't like to give anything away ahead of the movie? Afterwards? Probably be fine, but I don't see an ep 7 lead-in being done, unless it's in the style of TAS!

Another run between ANH-ESB? I think the fans would die of boredom or maybe there are enough suckers for it, we'll find out in any case.

spicer likes this.
  9. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    What else can they do? A Clone Wars series? A Dark Times or Rebels series? I expect a series between the OT an ST to be out for the foreseeable future as well. ANH and ESB it is.

10. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Surely it's obvious FS? Post-ROTJ.

But in just 2 months we'll have the answer anyway.

11. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    They might be more concerned about the average person than about the fans, and aside from Heir to the Jedi, there is no canon in between ANH and ESB.

12. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    I really hope its a post ROTJ series but won't hold my breath JB. As boring as another series between ANH and ESB is, it is Marvel's first (okay second counting the original series but that was different times back then) series so I can give them the benefit of the doubt for this.

13. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
  14. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    I can see a post-ROTJ series that takes place just a year or two, maybe less, after the Battle of Endor. Give Luke, Han, and Leia things to do that aren't going to give away any plotlines for VII, throw in Wedge and some EU characters (technically, both Janson and Hobbie are movie characters, though Tycho's appearance could be questionable but I really hope they keep him) and do some fun stuff with them. Maybe add some totally new characters like the X-wing books introduced Corran Horn or the Dark Forces games introduced Kyle Katarn. Give us a new guy who won't be related to VII but whose adventures are totally canon. Stuff like that.

15. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Then again, I haven't read every single thing between ANH and ESB so I might not have hit a burn-out point yet like you JB. I hope they do something original but it makes the most sense at the moment.
    A series right after ROTJ would work RF1. Hash out Leia's grievances with Anakin, see Han's reaction to the missing dish etc.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  16. Mind Riot

Mind Riot Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 25, 2013
    This whole reboot and wiping everything out was not done with the hardcore fan who frequents these boards in mind. I'd say it's at least a 90% chance of getting either a Rebels or "daring and innovative" take on the big three post-ANH to pre-ESB, and possibly both. If the four books they are releasing are any indication, the theme so far (maybe forever?) is simply filler in between the films with no lasting impact that could conflict with the many new films or Rebels or anything else.

17. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    I'd like to see a story with Luke talking to Anakin's ghost.

18. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    That too. Think Luke will get the history of the PT at that point?

Revanfan1 likes this.
  19. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    Only if Obi-Wan's there to make sure the story Luke gets isn't skewed by Anakin's POV. :p

Force Smuggler likes this.
  20. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Good point.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  21. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Oh, I wouldn't say I'm burnt out on it - I'm interested in Rebel Heist after all. Rather, the stories need to be good and I read the best one in the form of the Goodwin-Williamson Classic Star Wars! It sets the bar high, you know?

22. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Oh I know what you mean. 2002-2005 (plus whenever KT's Clone stuff ended) Clone Wars stuff compared to the 2008 to present stuff. I'm willing to roll with anything they got but yeah it does have to be interesting.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  23. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    I really hope Marvel doesn't focus only on movie characters, especially the Big 3 during the Rebellion era, since we know how those stories end for them (ROTJ). I'd like at least one series dealing with original characters. That's one of the things that I appreciate about the DH Star Wars comics - they had a story for everyone's taste.

24. JediDingo

JediDingo Jedi Master star 3

Mar 27, 2005
    To play off that idea, what if we got a comic with original characters and we witnessed the events of the movies from their POVs? That'd be awesome.

credar, spicer, Revanfan1 and 2 others like this.
  25. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Give us a comic about the first Death Star's turbolaser gunner (who looks like Jack Nicholson).

[​IMG]

Revanfan1 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.