main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Apropos of Nothing - ACKBAR IN CAPITALS - The Lit Forum Social Thread, v2.0.15

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Master_Keralys, Jan 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    The intro to Blackadder maybe?

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  2. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    Now I want to see a row of that gif, but the forum here likes to stack them instead.

Bleh. 90% done writing a fanfic chapter, and a self imposed deadline of tomorrow to finish it. Yet motivation is near nil. :(

Revanfan1 likes this.
  3. King of Alsakan

King of Alsakan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 25, 2007

Looking more forward to it with this new trailer, nice touch with Spirit in the Sky too.

Gorefiend likes this.
  4. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    So I hadn't even heard of this, but the thing at 1:15 is apparently the severed head of a Celestial.

There are MOTHER.

* * * * ING.

CELESTIALS.

In this movie.

TrakNar and darthscott3457 like this.
  5. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Gamiel

I approve of this one!

[​IMG]

--Adm. Nick

6. Cynical_Ben

Cynical_Ben Force Ghost star 4

Aug 12, 2013
    This really is their "let's bring the out-there to the mainstream" movie, isn't it? I mean, aside from the main cast and their stories, we're getting the Kree, the Nova Corps, the Sakaarians, the Collector, Ronan the Accusor, Thanos, the Celestials and (most likely) the first real explanation of the whole Infinity Stones/Infinity Gauntlet plot. The only space-based Marvel stuff they aren't covering are things still tied up with the Fantastic Four, like the Skrulls and Galactus.

Revanfan1 and CooperTFN like this.
  7. patchworkz7

patchworkz7 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 26, 2004

Yup, it's Knowhere, the severed head of a Celestial that is at the event horizon of a black hole and is run by a telepathic Russian Cosmonaut dog.

8. Praenomen Cognomen

Praenomen Cognomen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2013

Not to mention Walter Donovan in Last Crusade.

I met him at Celebration II... SO NICE. I was still somewhat of a dorky kid, but he was very engaging and talkative and all-around classy.

9. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Laika?

CooperTFN likes this.
  10. patchworkz7

patchworkz7 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 26, 2004

Meet Cosmo:

[​IMG]

Point Given likes this.
  11. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
  12. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    Got my chapter done and posted. Off to the airport in an hour for a trip to a wedding in Denver. Unlike some posters, that means I will actually be AWAY for a week. Looking forward to seeing if the forum burns down in that time or something.

TrakNar likes this.
  13. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Cynical_Ben likes this.
  14. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Have a good trip! Bring back pictures! I'll try not to burn anything while you're gone.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  15. Cynical_Ben

Aug 12, 2013
    So, watched X-Men: First Class in its entirety tonight. Pretty good writing, if a bit heavy-handed at times. Fassbender's positively magnetic (I apologize for nothing), MacAvoy's good, and Kevin Bacon's surprisingly menacing as Sebastian Shaw. Was surprised at how many non-CGI effects were in, lots of wirework and old-fashioned makeup, a nice change of pace. Not a fan of the franchise, but I liked it well enough. Makes me wish Days of Future Past was a straight sequel to this timeline instead of trying to weld the older films to the newer ones.

Oh, and Hugh Jackman's cameo was brilliant, best part of the movie.

16. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Nor should you.

Good work.

17. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    If it makes you feel better, the JC seems to have been blocked for a couple of days.

'Sides, all I have time to do is post in the social thread and maybe a couple others. Too much to do. :p

I have some funny stories but I can't post them yet. So instead I'll mention that I'm going to work on finally pushing through KOTOR again while on various commutes. I'll post some sort of review thing when I get back.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

Edit: Naturally Paradox sees fit to release long-desired hats like two days after I'm gone. Annoying.

18. Cynical_Ben

Aug 12, 2013
    Revanfan1 and darthscott3457 like this.
  19. Cynical_Ben

Aug 12, 2013
    Apologies for the double post, but there's more news on the Batman front. Apparently, the official title for the Batman v. Superman is... Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. Okay then.

[​IMG]

Can't wait to hear the Superman fans crying about how their hero gets second-billed. :D

Barriss_Coffee and Revanfan1 like this.
  20. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    It's really a versus movie? I thought the whole "Batman vs Superman" title was just a fan nickname.

Well when is "Wonder Woman v. Movie Execs" coming out?

21. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    One can think of it that way, or one can think of it just being alphabetical. :D

22. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    bleeeehhhhhh

23. Cynical_Ben

Aug 12, 2013
    There seems to be a lot of "just go with it" for such a big-budget movie. The logo is just a 'shopped up version of one they mocked up for Comic Con last year, and they were bantering around a lot of working titles to see which one would catch on; BvS was one of them, and it's the one that stuck, apparently.

And the Wonder Woman movie is coming, really, it is, just as soon as they have a script which'll be like, any day now, for reals, true story. :p

Knowing some of the Superman fans I know, that's not how they'll see it. It's Batman billed above Superman because he's the more popular one, same reason that their fights don't end in ten seconds because Superman is Superman guys, he can spin planets backwards to turn back time.

If this is a feature length adaptation of The Dark Knight Returns with the perspective shifted, I'll laugh even harder.

Also:

[​IMG]

Barriss_Coffee and CooperTFN like this.
  24. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Ahhh, don't sweat it. It's the social thread.

As long you edit when you're within the edit time, no-one's going to hold double posting in here when you aren't against you.

Well, maybe I will on a bad day. No promises. :p

I'm a fan of both characters, though more Supes than Bats.

And I don't mind the guy being second billed at all. "Batman v Superman" simply sounds better than "Superman v Batman".

25. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I don't know why they can't just use an ampersand.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.