main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Zelda Fans Come Hither...

Discussion in 'Community' started by alpha_red, May 11, 2004.

1. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    1. Ocarina of Time
    2. A Link to the Past
    3. Majora's Mask
    4. Twilight Princess
    5. The Wind Waker HD
    (Link's Awakening is up there too, maybe at #6 or so.)

And top 5 musical themes from Zelda would be torturous to choose!

2. SarlacsDinerParty

SarlacsDinerParty Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 2, 2014
    Then Il start playing it this spring;)

Id rank the ones Iv played like this :

OOT
    ALTTP
    MM
    TLP
    TLOZ

3. Life

Life Jedi Master star 3

Sep 4, 2012
    Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask and The Wind Waker are my favourites. And I actually didn't mind the Triforce fetch quest. It immersed me in exploring all the uncharted waters and finding new islands and treasures.

I didn't like Twilight Princess and I just couldn't get into Skyward Sword. I was quickly bored by it.

4. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    Just felt like sharing this..

A Majora's Mask opera.

5. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    moosemousse and TiniTinyTony like this.
  6. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    The conclusion has been released:

The2ndQuest likes this.
  7. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Not gonna lie, Admiral Slippy was the best part. :p

Corellian_Outrider likes this.
  8. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    not to mention Fox McCloud as Wedge :p

9. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Going to share what I posted over at the Wii U thread as the music is great and awesome renditions of some of Zelda themes with the Big Band

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  10. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
  11. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Hyrule Warriors would be an ideal game for the Warp Slash to appear in.

That game does look fun. I am looking forward to trying it out. Probably a November release for us outside of Japan, given the track record for the release date for ALBW / SS.

EDIT: The more I see that Zelda statue, the more I want to for my collection.

12. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Hyrule Warriors to feature multiple playable characters.

Hyrule Warriors, the Dynasty Warriors-style Zelda spinoff due out on August 14 in Japan, will feature multiple playable characters, including Link and Impa, in an original story focused on rescuing Zelda from the villainous witch Shia.

In Hyrule Warriors, Link is a soldier-in-training who is called into action when Shia kidnaps Zelda. He is paired up with the army captain Impa, who is just one of numerous playable characters. Others were shown off in screenshots, including a villain who might be related to the Ocarina of Time boss Volvagia.

For the most part, Hyrule Warriors appears to stay true to the Dynasty Warriors formula, with numerous upgradeable weapons and abilities that change each character. Z-targeting, a 3D Zelda staple, will work its way into the gameplay, however, and can be used to focus on specific enemies and weak points. Link's trademark spin attack will also factor into the combat. The Wii U GamePad will be used as an inventory menu in single-player, but in two-player co-op, one player can use the TV and the other can use the GamePad screen to play.

Hyrule Warriors is being developed by Omega Force, the studio responsible for most of the Warriors games, and Team Ninja, who last worked with Nintendo on Metroid: Other M. Eiji Aonuma, the Zelda series producer, is overseeing the project.

According to the developers, Hyrule Warriors is 70% complete and will be playable at E3 2014. The game is set for a summer release in North America and Europe, which means it should come before the end of September

Life and Corellian_Outrider like this.
  13. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    That is good news, looks like we be getting it sooner than the usual November releases if things goes well.

Since it is an original story, I wonder who the multiple playable characters would be and if there would be special "legacy" characters from previous games that can be unlocked like Nabooru.

Multiplayer split across the tv and the gamepad screen sounds good.

One of the things that has me excited is that for years a friend and I always wanted to see the Imprisoning War and have Link fight alongside soldiers of Hyrule. At least we get to fight amongst the soldiers of Hyrule in this gameā€¦ even though our player character would be very OP compared to the others in the unit.

EDIT: I have not played a Dynasty Warriors game before but the closest thing I have played is that Spartan: Total Warrior game for GCN back in the day. A spin off of the Total War games.

14. Darth Xalfrea

Darth Xalfrea Jedi Master star 4

Jan 2, 2013
    Well as a Dynasty Warriors fan, the first announcement of this game got me pretty stoked.

At the same time though I should give these words of caution: do not approach this like a traditional Zelda game. There's already elements like whole new characters, a completely different kind of Zelda story, and of course the gameplay. Changing your expectations will be for the best.

15. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002

That is good advise. "Unlearn what you have learned" so to speak. Still has me excited for it. I do love the look of Link in it.

16. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    Honestly, ever since this game was announced, I always figured it would just be a mindless hack-and-slash spinoff game in the vein of Link's Crossbow Training. I don't have my expectations set very high for this one at all. :p

17. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I do find it funny that, we finally have a Zelda game where you can play as a female character- and it's still not Zelda. [face_laugh]

18. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    There's a bit of irony to that. :p

It would be great if she will be playable further into the game.

19. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Here are some screenshots from the upcoming game and it does look great.

20. Darth Xalfrea

Darth Xalfrea Jedi Master star 4

Jan 2, 2013
    Yeah, the official website screenshots look downright gorgeous.

And so far Link and Impa are playable characters. I like that they acknowledged that there will be more coming.

21. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008

She was a playable character (of sorts) in Spirit Tracks, though.

22. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Ivy? Is that you? Is this the Zelda franchise finally reciprocating Link's appearance in the Soul Calibur franchise... over a decade later? :p
    [​IMG]

23. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    It is the hair and outfit. I thought like that too when I saw her. Wish we get a Soul Calibur on Wii U.

More information on Hyrule Warriors have been released, including a rough outline of the story.

Speaking of Wii U and Zelda, Minish Cap will be coming to the VC next week.

Life likes this.
  24. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    lol Impa? Wth were the designers thinking.

25. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Impa was pretty awesome in SS. The design looks based off that. She was also clad in armour for OoT.