main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Events EUC Interview Thread: Now Interviewing Jedi Knight Fett!

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Runjedirun, Apr 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mandalore The Uniter

Mandalore The Uniter Jedi Master star 2

Jul 17, 2007
    It's a picture of me from a photo shoot last fall. Right down the road from our farm is a dirt/rock pit, and the huge slabs of broken concrete make a great war-torn background.
    Well, the good thing is that It takes 1000 years for the Sarlacc to digest it's meals...which gives plenty of time to plan. I'd probably use some type of tunneling machine to go under the sand and into the Sarlacc from the side, avoiding all those tentacles/teeth/beak. That seems like the most practical way at least, without much potential for collateral damage. :)
    I have 2 favorites: My first favorite is Heir to the Empire, as it was the book that got me hooked on the EU. The second would be Bounty Hunter Code, because I actually got to help a little bit with the Death Watch handbook. Plus there's a good deal of information about "Mandalore the Uniter" in the book, as well as some awesome artwork of him by Mark McHaley. None of which I was expecting to see in the book, but Jason Fry is just super-awesome. :)
    Well, I'm not going to be conceited and say "me" :p . My absolute favorite character would have to be Boba Fett.
    I actually started learning about armor work as a member of the SCA, and spent a year apprenticing under some outstanding armorsmiths.

Boba-style "light" armor (18 gauge steel, 14 gauge aluminum)
    [​IMG]
    My gauntlets. 18 gauge steel.
    [​IMG]
    Female mando set, 20 gauge steel.
    [​IMG]
    The on-board circuitry in my helmet. Voice-amplification, 360-degree external audio, heat-exchange cooling, on-board bluetooth for cell phone/device voice control. (I build my own electronics as well)
    [​IMG]
    Female armor commission currently being worked on.
    [​IMG]
    Me in the MK5 "Starbreaker" armor, posing with the Dutchess.
    [​IMG]

As far as wearing the armor, my armor specifically..It can be heavy depending on the configuration. My personal sets are modular, so I can add/drop parts as needed depending on the "mission". Full load-out on my MK5 "Starbreaker" armor is around 95lbs without the weapons-pack and BFG. Movement isn't really a big issue, I can walk/run/jump/sit in it without any issue. Kneeling is difficult, but that's really about it.. It is exciting to wear! The best way I can describe it is feeling like "Iron Man" of the Star Wars Universe, I have this cool set of armor that actually *works*...and I built it with my two hands. :)

2. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
  3. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
  4. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Let me quickly get on with my final set of questions for Mandalore The Uniter because I know there will be others who have some great questions coming as well. Please wait until he answers my final set then anyone is welcome to ask their own questions.

11. What is it that draws you to Mandos?
    12. What SW spin off movie would you like to see made most?
    13. What is your favorite non SW movie?
    14. If you could have dinner with Boba Fett what three questions would you ask him?
    15. You have accomplished so much. What goals do you have left in life that you still want to accomplish?

Thanks again for volunteering!

Corellian_Outrider likes this.
  5. Mandalore The Uniter

Jul 17, 2007
    As a kid, there weren't really any Mandos outside Boba Fett. So my love of Boba is probably what drew me in the most. The RC books came out in my late 20's, and KT's defining of the culture really helped solidify my love for them. It is a culture that always seems to come back from the brink of destruction. Lastly I feel connected through what small help I've been in contributing to the EU (now Legends) stories. I've always felt that the authors who decide to tackle Mandos are extremely brave, because the fandom is so very passionate.
    I don't go to a whole lot of movies, but I'd make time for a Boba spin off. I'd also like to see an Old Republic spin off, preferably from around the 1050bby time-frame...but I'll let you all figure that one out yourselves. :p
    The Last Starfighter. Seriously, who wouldn't want to be recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan armada??
    Heh, well believe it or not I've had dinner with Boba Fett several times. By Boba Fett I mean Jeremy Bulloch, and the one question that always sticks out in my mind is "How did it feel in the Boba costume?" His answer: "It was extremely hot and heavy, it wasn't made for humans."
    My last two questions being for the fictional character: "Did you ever consider a robot leg when yours was going bad?" "Did you ever get sick in your helmet?"
    Wow, that is such a huge question! I guess my main goal is being a better husband. Managing a globe-spanning organization of fans can be an extremely stressful job, and make no mistake...it is a job. Just not one that your paid to do, but you put as much or more time into is as you would a normal job. Every moment you put into one thing, your taking from something else...so making sure I'm being the best man I can be for my wife is always paramount to me. Beyond that, I just want to see people having fun, being creative, and embracing their imaginations to better themselves and the world around them. I was diagnosed with ADD as a child, but I learned how to control it through embracing those three things I just mentioned and using their power to help inspire others. If something I've done has inspired someone to do better, or strive harder, then there is no greater goal for me to achieve beyond that.

Thank you for the opportunity. :)

6. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Who is best dressed in SW?

7. Mandalore The Uniter

Jul 17, 2007
    Personally, I've always felt Chancellor Palpatine wore some of the most fashionable duds in Star Wars.

Gamiel and Corellian_Outrider like this.
  8. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    I gotta admit the separation of tasks in the Last Starfighter seems wise, somewhat like a WWII Bombers. Would you say that this has potentially influenced how you would see Mando's working in teams? Or do you think this has contributed at all to the separation seen in a lot of the Legends for Mando ships being multi-crew instead of just one like an X-wing?

So any hopes of being tapped for that 1050 BBY spinoff you're hoping for ;)

9. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Favourite non-human species?

What era have your favourite mandolorian space ship design?

10. Mandalore The Uniter

Jul 17, 2007
    Well, most missions are accomplished easier in teams. From a military aspect (I'm a veteran myself) it makes more sense to use a team-ran ship instead of a 1-man fighter. The one-man fighter may be smaller and more maneuverable, but the 2-3 man ship means the situational awareness is spread around 2-3 people instead of just 1. So instead of one person having to react to everything, you have one person focused on certain aspects which in turn frees the other person(s) up to focus on different aspect. Efficiency is always a good thing, and while droids may be faster...they don't have intuition or discretion like sentient beings do.

LOL! Doubtful. Not unless it means being in full kit the entire time. I'm much better looking in, than out of the armor. :p

11. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    They also lack the Force

12. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    I am still in awe of that set of armour you have a created. Amazing work. Also that would have been great to meet Jeremy Bullock.

Outside of the GFFA, is there a character that you would jump at the chance to interact with?

From any form of media, is there a set of armour that you appreciate and would love to own?

Runjedirun likes this.
  13. Mandalore The Uniter

Jul 17, 2007
    Zabrak. My original Mando character from Star Wars: Galaxies was a Zabrak, and the whole horns thing is awesome. :)

[​IMG]

My favorite Mando ship is the Meteor Class Q-Carrier. It's war-horse that can take a great deal of punishment and still get troops to the ground. The design was in use for around 3000 years, so that has to say something about reliability. Starfighters are great, but in tough situations you want an "old trusty" to get you out.

14. Mandalore The Uniter

Jul 17, 2007

Well, even Mandos who have Force powers don't rely on them. That doesn't mean they don't use them though, so your not wrong. :)

15. Mandalore The Uniter

Jul 17, 2007
    Thanks! I'm looking forward to transitioning to my MK 6 "Skyhammer" set that I'm currently working on. It'll match the artwork from BHC much closer, as the MK 5 was built before the art came out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This collar piece is made out of 7 pieces of 18 gauge steel, brazed together. Probably the singular most difficult piece of armor I've ever put together, and that includes creating the pattern based off sketches the artist sent me.

Jeremy and his wife Maureen are just the absolute nicest people! They make you feel like family, and if Jeremy meets you once...he'll never forget your name. Fun fact about Jeremy: He is afraid of snakes, but his wife isn't. :)

Tony Stark. We have a lot in common, both living lives in a suit of armor while trying to change the world for good. Unfortunately I'm just not a billionaire, but I do build my armor/electronics "in a cave, with a box of scraps".

You know, I pick up a lot of inspiration from armor I see in pictures/movies/TV/books. One of my recent favorites from a visual standpoints is probably the Kryptonian armor from Man of Steel. I don't know that I would ever want to "own" another set of armor, as what I build and wear is already very much a part of me. Plus it takes a lot of energy to build it, and maintain it, and I don't think I could put that kind of energy into another set. :)

16. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Favourite madolorian armour design?

And lest favourite madolorian armour design?

Favourite weapon?

How do your armour + all accessories look from the behind?

That is not what I meant, all living things are part of the Force and can be guided by it - call it what you want: extraordinary luck, divine guidance (pic your god) or the Force is with you - but droids lack it. That's why droids will always be interferer to living people.

17. Mandalore The Uniter

Jul 17, 2007
    The "Modern Era", which consists of everything from 1051bby up until some time just before Legacy.
    "Mandalore the Uniter’s armor would usher in a modern era for Mandalorian armor, and would be the basis for Mandalorian armor produced over the next 1,200 years." -The Bounty Hunter Code: From the Files of Boba Fett
    Most of what I craft is also of the "Modern Era", thought I have done 1 Legacy set commission that I totally under-priced myself on.
    Probably Neo-Crusader armor.
    [​IMG]
    It's just a little too uniform for my taste.
    Oh wow, that's a tough one. I have 4 different blasters (2 sidearm pistols, 1 hold-out blaster, and 1 bracer/gauntlet mounted blaster),and 1 heavy-repeater. My pistols are probably my favorites, and I'm in the process of putting a new pair together. As I am a stickler for realism, I'm using a pair of WWII Webley MK5 flare guns as the base for the new pistols. I wanted them to have a nice vintage look, and also be unique.
    [​IMG]

As I also do my own leather-work, I'm about to start on a "Huckleberry" holster for the non-scoped pistol, and a thigh holster for the scoped pistol.

[​IMG]
    This is the "Huckleberry" holster, mostly famous for being used by legendary old-west gambler John "Doc" Holliday. I'm a bit of an old-west fan, and that has always been a big influence with my leather goods.

Good question, and I don't have a good answer as I normally wear a custom twill & leather long coat I like to call a "Trenchvest". Here's a good shot of me wearing it at CVI:
    [​IMG]
    The Trenchvest's *fictional* function is protecting the legs from jetpack thruster backwash & shrapnel (like a Kama), extra protection against small-arms blasters (the leather is a lizard print to resemble Barabel hide), and cargo carrier (it has side pockets and elastic loops along the chest for blaster cartridges). On the back there are a couple slits covered with leather flaps for jetpack straps to fit through.

Now, I do have to admit that I don't sew...it's just not something I've never learned. However I do design and sketch out the soft parts for my seamstress to work from. I used two big influences when designing the Trenchvest:

Klingon Stol (long coat).
    [​IMG]

Samurai "Jimborai", or sleeveless coat.
    [​IMG]

Depending on the "mission" (event), I will sometimes wear a heavy cloak with 20 gauge steel pauldrons over the trenchvest.
    [​IMG]
    I still wear a standard back plate, although it's rarely ever visible. with all the cloth parts over it.

And just because everyone always comments about the armored boots...
    [​IMG]
    Yes, they are fully articulated for movement and make an awesome *clank* when walking.;)
    [​IMG]

Well, I'm not so sure that Force abilities make sentient species superior to droids. HK-47 would be a prime example of that. :)

18. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    What are your thoughts on the design of Mandalore the Indomitable and his forces?

19. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    What are your feeling about the sentient droids prior to them having been made with built in limits? Such as those that did the droid revolution and those that were able to join the Mando ranks supposedly as brother in arms?

20. Mandalore The Uniter

Jul 17, 2007
    He was definitely old fashioned, as were the Crusaders under his charge. Looking at the mandos of that time, they use a great deal of organic-looking armor. This was probably due to them still being made up of the Taung progenitor species. Of course he and his warriors fall into the same Sith trap that Mandalores often do when they put their honor above clear thinking. Every leader should have a strong sense of honor, but it shouldn't come before doing what's best for your people. Those ancient Mandos saw glory in death, and while that's admirable it's also very dangerous and reckless.

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  21. Mandalore The Uniter

Jul 17, 2007
    If they make good warriors, and I know where the on/off switch is, then I have no problems with them. :cool:

22. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Is there any human culture/s, present or historical, that you would like to be used as inspiration for mandolorian culture/society?

Was he old fashioned or just a mando of his time? Personally I would prefer the later

23. Mandalore The Uniter

Jul 17, 2007
    I think KT's comparing Mandos to Celts/Picts sets a very good description of Mando culture as a semi-nomadic society with loose Clan alliances. I can't think of any present-day cultures/societies that function that way, as most of them are at eachother's throats presently.

I think the latter is a great description. :)

Bardan_Jusik and Gamiel like this.
  24. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Personally I would like to see some 19-centery North American Indians influences, probably because I have recently read 'North American Indians history I, ca 1500 - 1890' and from time to time re-read the Swedish wild west RPG Western. The way it describes their warriors societies would fit rather well with the warrior mandos, or at least with the way I interpret them :)

Mandalore The Uniter likes this.
  25. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    What comics do you read?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.