main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Buff, NY SWN14 Rehearsals

Discussion in 'Buffalo, NY' started by Wild Sidewalker, Mar 24, 2014.

1. 72Princess

72Princess Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 15, 2010
    Nice!!

Wild Sidewalker likes this.
  2. Wild Sidewalker

Wild Sidewalker Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    Due to the rain, the field will not be available tomorrow and it looks possible that it won't be available on Saturday either. Rehearsal will still happen and at this time please still plan on coming to Coca Cola Field this week.

Anthony has opened up the rest of the stadium for us to use and I'm asking for the area that I believe has the biggest open space - the main entry. We are still discussing it and if you have a better location, please post it here and I will request that it be made available.

3. Mother_of_the_Twins

Mother_of_the_Twins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 8, 2005
    Hopefully we won't get stuck between floors again... [face_relieved]

Lee Solara likes this.
  4. Wild Sidewalker

Sep 5, 2012
    Well, I know I'll have my cell on me so we can always call for help. ;)

But, I am discussing this with Anthony and the engineer today. I'm hopeful that won't be an issue.

5. quigonschuel

quigonschuel Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2011
    I may be slightly late, but I will be there.

6. MusicalNeko

MusicalNeko Jedi Master star 2

Apr 21, 2009
    As long as I don't get trapped with a customer, I'll be there tonight - I work until 6:45 so I'll be a little late.

7. JediXXL

JediXXL Force Ghost star 6

Apr 11, 2003
    Naomi has a concert, so I won't be there tonight.

Saturday after work I'll be there.

8. Lee Solara

Lee Solara North Ridge Secretary star 2

Oct 30, 2013
    I will be there.

9. Solo42986

Solo42986 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 4, 2002
    I'll be at rehearsal Saturday.

10. Wild Sidewalker

Sep 5, 2012
    This Saturday, the Bisons parking lot will be unavailable as it will be undergoing resurfacing. Please be prepared to find parking elsewhere nearby.

Lee Solara likes this.
  11. MusicalNeko

MusicalNeko Jedi Master star 2

Apr 21, 2009
    Out of curiosity, since it's not posted, are we planning rehearsals the week leading up to the game?

12. Wild Sidewalker

Sep 5, 2012
    The only rehearsal we have planned the week leading up to the game is the Friday before, 6-8, and a place to be determined near the Duff's we usually go to.

Depending on how rehearsals go next week, we will determine if we think we need to schedule another one or two in addition

13. Mother_of_the_Twins

Mother_of_the_Twins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 8, 2005
    Does that mean we can't access the loading dock door?

14. Wild Sidewalker

Sep 5, 2012
    Great question! Thanks, Elaine! I just called the Bisons and clarified that we should enter through the street entrance next to the elevator bank -- the entrance to Pettibones. Either I or Larry can call the Bisons' engineer when we arrive and, while they are expecting us, clarify that we've arrived and to unlock that door if it isn't by 6 PM.

15. Wild Sidewalker

Sep 5, 2012
    Good news everyone! Due to the break in the weather, we will be able to use the field! It is asked that we don't run or do duels in the infield but we are allowed to use it for walk throughs. This currently applies to today and Monday. Please still enter through the street level entrance at Pettibones today due to the parking lot being resurfaced. See you all soon!

16. VideoPrince

VideoPrince North Ridge Treasurers / Diplomat star 4

May 31, 2002
    Believe my dueling partner is unavailable Monday 5/26.
    I will try to stop by practice a little later to do some boot tests.
    Janice and Norma not coming because Janice must prepare to Tuesday procedure.

Lee Solara likes this.
  17. Wild Sidewalker

Sep 5, 2012
    While I'm predicting a light turn out tomorrow, we will be there for anyone who wants a chance to rehearse the show and to practice duels. However, I'm predicting we will also likely quit early. So best to come close to 6 than to 8.

18. VideoPrince

VideoPrince North Ridge Treasurers / Diplomat star 4

May 31, 2002
    Probably there by 7:00, possibly earlier.

19. Wild Sidewalker

Sep 5, 2012
    We will be there! And, thank you!

20. Wild Sidewalker

Sep 5, 2012
    Today's rehearsal we will be able to park in back of the ballpark and use the Right Field gate as our entrance and exit.

21. JDuffPhoto

JDuffPhoto Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 3, 2010
    I'll be at Wednesday's rehearsal. See everyone then.

22. GreyGirl

GreyGirl Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 27, 2009
    As Janice will not be able to duel on Wednesday I will not be at practice. Jim and I will be there Saturday and the Friday before the big day!

23. Wild Sidewalker

Sep 5, 2012
    After some discussion with the performers who were able to make rehearsal tonight, it was felt that we should arrange for rehearsals the week of June 2 (in addition to Friday's rehearsal on June 6).

As I have been called to Albany Monday the 2nd, I will hold rehearsals, 6-9 PM, on Tuesday, June 3, Wednesday, June 4, and Thursday, June 5, weather permitting. Janice suggested the parking lot of the Walmart on Niagara Falls Blvd near the I-290. If someone has access to a better option, please feel free to offer it.

24. 72Princess

72Princess Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 15, 2010
    Bassett park was a frequently used option in the past. I couldn't find a schedule of events for it on line.

There are a lot of open parks and areas around Amherst and Clarence that I familiar with but I am not dueling and most duelers do not live in those areas anyhow...

The boys' elementary school has a huge field adjacent to it-aim and harris hill... Again, not really close to anyone but a nice outdoor option with a pseudo not used baseball diamond

Wild Sidewalker likes this.
  25. JDuffPhoto

JDuffPhoto Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 3, 2010
    I'm open to practices next week. Karen, Steve, Peter and I had discussed meeting anyway, but if this is going to be a group rehearsal, all the better!! I had suggested Oppenheim only because I know it usually isn't too busy. A baseball field would be even better if it were available.