main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO Watch Dogs (X360, PS3, X1, PS4, Wii U, PC)

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Sep 7, 2013.

1. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009

Are you referring to Ubisoft? Because I don't think that's their duty anyway. That'll be down to the retailer.

Normally in these situations they will contact you by your details and offer you with a replacement bundle of equal value.

2. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Watch Dogs PS4 bundle is a Sony and UbiSoft agreement, XB1 is a retailer bundle.

3. Chewgumma

Apr 14, 2009
    As far as I'm aware unless the bundles are pre-ordered directly from Sony or Ubisoft it's still a matter to take up with the retailer.

4. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    I pre-ordered the Watch Dogs PS4 bundle from Amazon and they've kindly changed it back to a standalone PS4 pre-order.

TrandoJedi likes this.
  5. Chewgumma

Apr 14, 2009
  6. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    Thats awesome, I myslef got the BF4 bundle but I almost got the Watch Dogs one instead and wondered what would happen to those customers.

7. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    2 months away!!!

Hopefully...

Sent from my communicator via the all powerful Internet.

TheMDOSS1313 likes this.
  8. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
  9. AstroFan428

AstroFan428 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 3, 2003
    Seems to be positive reports coming out today, I really hope it turns out good. I had planned on picking it up when the X1 launched before it was delayed.

10. DebonaireNerd

DebonaireNerd Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 9, 2012
    I was really excited for this game but for a few reasons i'm getting cold feet. I'll eventually get a copy but not at launched as planned. Here's one reason, the editions:

[​IMG]

Whoever is going all out on ordering the top tier must have a LOT of faith in this game (especially for a debut). Even then though, there are still things missing from it. Are they actualy expecting hardcore gamers to buy different editions to collect the bonuses?

Nothing makes me laugh more than the extreme edition. Keep in mind, this is perceived as a special feature:

•No ability to pause the game

•No ability to get out of cars or ever slow down

Seriously, they are pitching that as an inclusion of that edition. So they're selling a difficulty mode as an extra? It's ridiculous and was a major factor in me not pre-ordering. Seriously, I have to buy the Decsec version of the game just so I can get the map but no cap or mask which is available in the lower tier options? Shouldn't it be the other way around? I want the map, not clothing. The map should have been in the special edition. I can understand two or three bonus packagages, but six is absurd.

11. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    It'll be interesting to see where the Wii U version falls among that chart, since it's coming out later and many of those things are probably timed exclusives.

12. DebonaireNerd

Nov 9, 2012
    The WiiU edition will no doubt be an entity onto itself. I question how good the WiiU version will be because to just get the PC version running you need 6GB of RAM. The WiiU version will need to be downscaled significantly to perform competently.

13. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    I'm gonna have to wait for the reviews on this before considering purchase. So many mixed things being said about it.

14. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012

Who cares about what reviews say.

Play it, if you enjoy it, enjoy it, but if you hate it, then you hate it.

But that's my personal opinion.

15. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000
    Sure, I'll just drop $60 on a game I'm not sold on at all.

Ezio Skywalker, 07jonesj and Jedi Ben like this.
  16. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Rent it, if they still do that nowadays

17. DebonaireNerd

Nov 9, 2012
    No chance. It requires either a Steam or UPlay activation. This alone prevents you from even returning the game for a refund or exchange.

18. AstroFan428

Oct 3, 2003
    I hope this turns out good. I am going to buy it blind at midnight because I start nightshift Tuesday, so I have a few hours between midnight and when I have to go to sleep. I always said I was going to get this with my X1 before it was delayed.

19. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    BF2K1 is right, and your opinion was that changing your username to be based on the two most vapid characters from two popular movie sagas was the right call. It hardly provides BF2K1 comfort.

20. AstroFan428

Oct 3, 2003
    I have played a few hours and I am really enjoying it so far.

21. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Yeah I am loving it too. Done a few online races, they're great fun.

22. AstroFan428

Oct 3, 2003
    I love the online hacking, even though it is pretty tough. I was hacking one dude from a roof and fell to my death at about 85%. lol I did eventually get one successful hack. I haven't been able to do an online tail yet, it always fails to connect.

Ender Sai likes this.
  23. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001

I had a wonderful hack on someone in the downtown area. He was trying to find me, running around frantically at a four way intersection. I just made sure I kept a low flat sign out front of a company in the way and he never located me.

The race against someone on the mobile app can be fun, but really for me the racing is the best. I'm used to playing a lot of F1 2013 so I'm taking proper lines and braking etc but it just means some goof will use you as a buffer for their drift (I abhor drifting, it's a sport for imbeciles). So I need to sort that. But bike racing? Damn that's fun.

Pro tip - if you are racing on trail bikes up in pawnee county, the penultimate checkpoint is before the unfinished bridge. Lift and coast just before you hit the ramp, or you'll plough into the concrete and crash. Pick the throttle up again when you land on the midway bit.

You'll see what I mean if you head up there.

24. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000
    How is it running for you? Based on what I've read it hasn't been well optimized for PC, which I guess isn't a surprise for a Ubisoft game.

25. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    I just bought a 700w psu and GTX 780 Nvidia card. It looks great, though card is strained on max settings in the rain. Runs fine, except the weapon wheel is Tab and shift tab is Steam. So in pursuit I open the steam window...