main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Star Wars: Battlefront (2015) & Battlefront 2 (2017) [Mod Approved]

Discussion in 'Community' started by IG_2000, Jun 10, 2013.

1. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
  2. Zer0

Zer0 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    It's about time we got some info on it.

FRAGWAGON likes this.
  3. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    i hope it also comes to last gen systems but i'm not holding my breath.

4. Draconarius

Draconarius Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 2005
    I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't. We'll be in the transition phase between the two gens for a while yet, and I can't see EA denying themselves sales just to say it's "current gen exclusive".

thejeditraitor likes this.
  5. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
  6. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    I just hope that it has a Single Player Mode. I'll be upset if it is Online Multiplayer only.

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  7. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    Having a strong single player component will go a long way toward differentiating Battlefront from Battlefield.

8. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    It better have single player! I remember all I used to do when coming home from school for a year straight was play Battlefront. I never played online.

9. Zer0

Zer0 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    Hopefully, online is mostly 12 year olds spamming and telling you things you didn't know about your mother.

Or it's just utter silence.

10. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Have a feeling the game will focus more on mulitplayer than single player

11. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    It's worth remembering that only Battlefront II really had a single player component. The first game's campaign mode was just a 30-second clip from the films, followed by playing a map. There was no real story to it like in the second game.

I'm trying not to assume what this game will have until we actually see it. Maybe it will have a great campaign mode and the ability to fly from a planet into a capital ship orbiting above... but maybe not. We'll see at E3, perhaps.

12. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Yes we shall see

13. H-BOMB

H-BOMB Jedi Master star 3

Feb 21, 2009
    I hope DICE provides tools for modders sometime after release. Part of the reason I loved Battlefront I and II was because of the great modding community. All the new content produced by creative fellows with a lot of time on their hands kept me playing the game years after the release.

However, knowing DICE and the current state of many triple-A game franchises that seems unlikely. They're more likely to discourage modifications than encourage them. I bet they'll give us some costly DLC consisting of files that were already within the purchased game a week after release, and then come out with a new Battlefront in 2016.

I miss 2005 . . .

14. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    i never played the pc versions but i remember all the stuff that people found in the files and then modded in.

15. sharkymcshark

sharkymcshark Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 12, 2013

As a long time fan of the Battlefield series - forget it. Won't happen. Their official line is that the tools used to create content are too complex for a wide release. The truth of the matter is somewhere between that they use far too much third party software to release workable modding tools because it would turn into a licensing nightmare, and that they would also like you to keep buying their map packs please.

FRAGWAGON likes this.
  16. FRAGWAGON

FRAGWAGON Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    What a shame. I'm looking forward to the game, but can't help but fantasize about how a Star Wars game might be by Valve. We'd get some modding then!

17. Zer0

Zer0 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    Hopefully another company will make a Star Wars game that allows modding down the line, modded SW games are fantastic.

sarlaccsaurs-rex and FRAGWAGON like this.
  18. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    The Battlefront games on PC aren't necessarily made great by the game itself but the mods that add so many possibilities! Its the only reason I got them on PC was the mods...

19. IBYM

IBYM Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 17, 2014
    I still play Battlefront 2 occasionally, this is the one game I'm really looking forward to.

20. H-BOMB

Feb 21, 2009
    I don't know if I'm alone in this, but I hope there isn't a really big Single-Player story.

I would be more than content for the single-player campaign of the new Battlefront to be similar to the first one where you would just play a nameless soldier in significant battles of galactic history, with a little clip from the movies to introduce the battlefield.

If they create some protagonist that is somehow part of every battle in galactic history then I would be very disappointed. Battlefront is not about being the hero. Its about being a nameless grunt fighting on the frontlines until you get shot and are replaced by someone else.

Battlefront 2 was a good example of them injecting enough of a story through the memoirs of a clone to make the campaign a little more interesting. But I want that for every faction for this new one.

21. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    An equal focus on all of the factions would be appreciated for Story mode.

And can I just say that it is sad that they ended at Hoth? I wanted to see a level or two involving Endor.

22. H-BOMB

Feb 21, 2009
    Yeah, I was dissapointed too! I'm like: "It doesn't end there!!!"

But I could see why they did it, if they had you play through Endor the ending memoir would have probably been something like: "And then the 501st, the Empire's Finest, had their shebs handed to them by a bunch of ****ing teddy bears. The Death Star had been destroyed, and Vader and the Emperor along with it. As I roasted alive in my armor, rotating on a cooking spit, I found a strange moment of serenity and relief. Finally, my fighting days were over."

What a bummer, while at least Hoth provided a victorious ending.

Granted though, it would have been entertaining to have the Ewoks portrayed as vicious little monsters.

23. dragonsith13

dragonsith13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 3, 2005
  24. Alixen

Alixen Jedi Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    As long as the battles can be played out in single-player, or at least with bots, then i'll be happy. I very rarely touched the multiplayer section of BF1 and BF2, and often just set the Hoth or some other battle to XL and went to town. I still do, occasionally.

That doesn't necessarily mean I want an entire single player campaign however. While it would be nice, that time could go into having more maps and game modes, whereas if i want story, I generally don't go to Battlefront for it.

25. darthbarracuda

darthbarracuda Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 4, 2012

Agreed. I also hope that we will be able to mod the hell out of this game, similar to what the Nexus community does with Skyrim.