main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO Batman: Arkham Knight - next-gen Batman by Rocksteady

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Reynar_Tedros, Apr 9, 2013.

1. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Doubt they will push it back since it's the 75th anniversary of Batman this year.

2. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009

An anniversary doesn't mean much if the game isn't ready to ship to retailer. Apparently as of last month the game was only 40% of the way through the development process. That's no surprise really. Being a truly next gen, open world game, the size of this project was always going to be gargantuan. On top of that Rocksteady supposedly stated themselves that the game was a 2015 project back during Wondercon.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/04...ess-at-wondercon-from-jim-lee-to-shelly-bond/

ETA: It's also worth noting that the gameplay trailer does not have the release year at the end, which the reveal trailer did. Instead it just says coming soon.

3. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Well we will know in the coming weeks/months

4. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Fine. This game is the only excuse I have at the moment to go next gen. If it'll be ready by 2015 - really ready, unlike, say, ORIGINS - then I'll gladly wait. I just hope WB is smart about it and don't try to push for a holiday 2014 release.

5. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    WB can't be any worse than EA right?

6. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    It'll sell a whole load of XB1/PS4s BUT only if it's up to scratch!

So, take the time, make it great and WB won't be able to keep pace with the cash that's rolling in!

7. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    2014 is the year of things getting pushed back to 2015, so it's hardly surprising; I suspect any official announcement will be delayed until E3.

Penguinator likes this.
  8. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999

Kinda makes you wonder exactly why this keeps happening. Could it be something as simple as devs not quite familiarized yet with the each next gen console's particular architecture?

9. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    That'd certainly be a reasonable explanation. New architecture is always a stumbling point.

10. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    The fact that lots of games get delayed now is a good thing IMO. It shows that publishers think that the extra time and money invested to actually complete the game will make them more money... which it should.

I bought Harley Quinn's Revenge but not Cold, Cold Heart. If you want to sell DLC with a higher profit margin then the game has to actually be good enough to draw you back.

11. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    I have to admit, I'm surprised to see so much affection for the Batsuit in Arkham Knight, considering how it looks almost identical to the Batsuit from Origins (and a lot of people here seemed to hate the departure from the Asylum/City Batsuit upon the release of Origins).

12. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Actually, I kinda miss the the original Arkham suit. As impressive as that new armor looks, I can't help thinking how bulky it is for a vigilante that relies on stealth and mobility/fluidity in combat. Besides, the original Arkham suit is a nearly perfect Batsuit as it is.

Ender Sai likes this.
  13. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005

Or consumer install base. That wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Darth_Invidious likes this.
  14. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Definitely. There just aren't that many consumers out there with next gen consoles. Forcing people to buy the any of the new toys to enjoy this new game is probably not a popular decision either.

15. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Which only ratchets up the importance for the game to be spectacularly good so as to justify the decision.

Sony and Microsoft must know this game could sell their hardware so should be fine with the delay, so long as it delivers the goods.

16. Penguinator

May 23, 2005

So the Tumblr was a Lamborghini Aventador/Murcielago crossed with a Humvee...this one is that insane Lambo concept car, the Egoista, crossed with a tank.

:D

Darth_Invidious, Wi-Phi and Jedi Ben like this.
  17. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Ok, yeah, it's slipped to 2015 but look!

BATMOBILE!

Ok, yeah, you're forgiven.

Penguinator likes this.
  18. Penguinator

May 23, 2005

Just gives me more time to wait until I buy a new console.

19. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Same here. I suspect that:

Batman Arkham Knight + Witcher 3 + Final Fantasy XV = I buy a PS4!

But none are out until next year so time for the console price to fall and for me to assemble funds.

Penguinator likes this.
  20. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    I think FFXV probably won't be next year either at the rate they're going.

Sad to hear about the delay, though not surprised by now, but when the game looks this awesome, a few delays are understandable, and the wait will be worth it.

21. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    For a guy that hates guns, he sure loaded up his car with a ridiculous amount of firepower. :p

"Rubber bullets. Honest."

22. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    I am basically Benny from the Lego Movie except about the Batmobile.

23. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Also, unlike the Lamborghinis, this Batmobile has decided it needs no mechanical grip and has forsaken anything that might achieve downforce. Plus apparently the engine is 1200 bHP... which i assumed they plucked at random because the lighter Bugatti Veyron Vitesse has this many horsepower.

I much prefer it when the Batmobile is functional, like the Tumbler was.

24. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    C'mon now, we've yet to see how that thing actually handles. I'm not crazy about it some mobile gun enplacement, but when does the Bat create something that is not functional?

25. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999