main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Official Sequel Trilogy / Legends / Expanded Universe discussion thread

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by YoureNotJonesy, Nov 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002

Link? And if so, does she die a nice, satisfying, horrible and final death? O:)

JediGirl_Angelina likes this.
  2. Lord_Anzeroth

Lord_Anzeroth Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2013
    Goooood. Let the hate flow through you :p

T-R- likes this.
  3. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
    T-R- likes this.
  4. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    All it is is more fan speculation - nothing to see here really.

darklordoftech likes this.
  5. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    That'd certainly be interesting. We'll see. The simple fact that Mara Jade toys can be found right now leads me to believe that either Legends will be around a long time, or we'll see Mara again. Good news either way!

T-R- likes this.
  6. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    While that is a fan theory... it kinda makes sense. After all its Luceno writting it, he is arguably the best EU author at connecting canon in the old EU. So him bringing in old EU stuff and making them fit into newCanon stories is a very logical conclusion to draw. Doesn't mean its right, just that it is a logical conclusion to make. I'm personally hoping Luceno does revamp Daala, she really needs it if she's ever to be used again since in the old EU she defeats herself though stupidity time and time again and hopefully we'll be seeing stronger female characters instead. However if they don't revamp her best to let her character stay a legand and not adapt her in the new Canon. As to Mara though, I'm a big fan of hers so logically I want her in it (and VII and Rebels, :p) and personally I viewed her as one of the best parts of the oldEU post-RotJ (I know others disagree with me, but that's my opinion and I'm sticking to it).

aleja2 and T-R- like this.
  7. The Revanchist

The Revanchist Jedi Padawan star 1

May 27, 2013
  8. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    Or a blurry pic that's likely fake...

Lord_Anzeroth and darklordoftech like this.
  9. The Revanchist

The Revanchist Jedi Padawan star 1

May 27, 2013
    of course...

10. JediGirl_Angelina

JediGirl_Angelina Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 12, 2003

I'm thinking rather not. But whoever it will be, she will die somewhere in the book as she is obviously not around in ESB and RotJ.

How would she know? She walked out of the order before they learned of Anakin's betrayal and nothing happening in CW Season 6 or RotS indicates she ever looked back. Nobody found out in the 20 years up ESB where Vader himself reveals it to Luke. So it's likely she will never know what truly happened.

One can hope so.

11. TtheForceHurts

TtheForceHurts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2010
    Of course Luceno's greatest novel is centered around a certain wise, undying Sith Lord, so this Imperial centered novel might include some hints about him too and could be a way to canonize his story as well. I also wonder, if the novel does feature the Inqusitor in any capacity...

Ryus and billyweb like this.
  12. Claire1976

Claire1976 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 20, 2013

[Forrest Gump]And that's all I got to say about that.[/Forrest Gump]

Krueger and ForgottennJedi1986 like this.
  13. ForgottennJedi1986

ForgottennJedi1986 Jedi Padawan star 1

May 12, 2014
    ^LOL nevermind then, y'all got it! lol

14. Claire1976

Claire1976 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 20, 2013
    It's possible that "night sister" pic really is from the set, and like "Bob", it's just some background character who appears in the market scene, it doesn't have to be anything significant. Not to say that "Bob" ISN'T significant, lol.

T-R- likes this.
  15. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    If it is real (and I suspect it's not, but only on balance) there is probably some significance to the tag #darkside.

16. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    Rebels, welcome to the canon Mara :D

[​IMG]

just kidding, it's fan art

17. JediGirl_Angelina

Jan 12, 2003
    You almost got me. Cruel!

18. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002

*whew*

Still, I'll give credit where it's due - while I dislike the character with a passion, the art is well done.

19. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    Just because you dislike the Legends character, doesn't mean you'll dislike the canon character, if she is included.

20. JediGirl_Angelina

Jan 12, 2003
    If she has the same traits as in the books, people will still hate her, I guarantee it.

21. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    No matter what the nature of a character is, some people will hate them - because different people have radically different tastes.

I get the impression, at least, that there is no such thing as a 100% "unhated" character.

Dark Lady Mara, T-R- and Ryus like this.
  22. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    But many more will still love her... what's your point exactly? There will always be haters but we all know over all she's way more popular than hated, its just a small vocal minority that hate her and a mild amount who are just so so on her... still the point is what matters is how many will like the new version of her if she comes to be, it could go either way. Though knowing the fan bases issues with her and general traits they like odds are leaning towards more favoring her than before.

Plus most of her hate comes from later works involving her, like Allegance when she duels Vader... so if she's redone and that never happens their goes one of the major points haters have on her. T-R- is very right, just because one dislikes a Legends character, doesn't mean they will dislike the canon interpurtation of that character. Some logically still will, but over all if a popular legends character crosses over odds are they will become a popular Canon character so over all the net gain to Star Wars is benifical. People leave shows and franchises all the time when say a favorite dies or a hated character gets introduced but its the overall gain in viewership that matters, not the loss of any individual fan. Not to mention many fans who leave often eventually come back... what matters more though is appealing to new fans and Star Wars is in sore need of Strong Female characters in larger ammounts of roles.

23. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    If she is remade into a better character, I will have nothing against her.

T-R- likes this.
  24. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002

MOST fans don't know that she ever existed (including Mark himself, who has famously said he always envisioned Luke as being like Obi-wan until his son told him about her, and even then, he's always been diplomatically indifferent). This is clearly a case of 'we'll see what happens' but jumping on the fan wagon every time an unknown female (some have speculated that it could even be Ashoska) is a tad premature...

25. JediGirl_Angelina

Jan 12, 2003
    My point is exactly what Pevra said. If she is in Rebels with the same arrogant, obnoxious, "I know and do everything better than the others attitude", people will still voice their legit criticism.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.