main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST PT/OT questions you hope Episode VII answers?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Jedi_Lantern, May 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Lantern

Jedi_Lantern Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 3, 2013
    Is there a thread for this already?

I would like Episode VII to answer whether or not Boba Fett is alive in the new official canon. Doesn't need to be anything major

2. Luukeskywalker

Luukeskywalker Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    Force ghosts and Darth Plagueis. Thats it really. Beyond that I want to move forward.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

3. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Further explanation of the prophecy of the Chosen One and what was really meant by "balance"

4. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
  5. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999

You would want to know about that. :p

On a serious note, what happened to Jar Jar Binks? :p

6. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    Imperial Fleet ?

Veers ? :p

7. Hernalt

Hernalt Force Ghost star 4

Jun 29, 2000
    Dark cave of Dagobah.

8. Palpatine77

Palpatine77 Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 28, 2010

I gotta agree with Clone Wars producer Dave Filoni on this one: I hope the Dark cave of Dagobah NEVER gets explained. Leave some mysteries unexplained. Especially this one.

9. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    What is the dark side?

Dak Oolron likes this.
  10. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    [​IMG]

11. Dameron

Dameron Jedi Master star 4

Apr 8, 2014
    I would also love for some things like the dark side cave and Plagueis to get explained, but I totally get the case for them remaining mysteries. And let's face it: certain mysteries work as mysteries. If the dark side cave is never mentioned again, it still works fine. If Plagueis never comes up again, the scene about him in ROTS still works fine. But while we're making slow progress on the Sith, there are certain issues that seem like they've turned into the tar babies of Star Wars. (Are we allowed to say "tar baby?" Is that a racist thing now? I'm talking about the thing Brer Rabbit gets stuck to, if there's any confusion!) Lucas and the other writers have come back for multiple tries, and it seems like they just get more stuck every time.

Anakin's secret origin. Pretty amazing that one of the most iconic villains, and fathers, in the world was revealed in 1999 to himself have been the product of a virgin birth, and we still don't know the first thing about why, canonically speaking. We don't even know if Anakin ever found out.

The prophecy and Anakin's Chosen One-ness. I know one way of looking at it is, "Anakin was prophesied to destroy the Sith, he did, it's all fine, LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOUUUUUUUU," but there's a reasonable case to be made that more should be said on the matter. The whole Mortis arc was just running on a treadmill as far as any kind of clarity is concerned.

Force ghosts. They started out pretty clear in the OT (Vader's body not disappearing is my only quibble). They're awesome. Then as the prequels and the Clone Wars are added to the canon, they just make progressively less and less sense.

I don't know if these are issues that should be brought up just to be dismissed, or if we should try to untangle the messes. And maybe Episode VII isn't the best place to deal with them. But story-wise, it seems bad to leave them in their current state forever. They're blemishes if left alone.

Dak Oolron, RobShanti, Ryus and 3 others like this.
  12. TheLittleAlchemist

TheLittleAlchemist Jedi Youngling

May 27, 2014
    Answer more things about the spiritual side of the force.
    Midichlorians are dumb.

13. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    There are some things like the status of Boba that I wouldn't mind being answered but mysteries such as the prophecy, the dark cave, Anakin's origin I want left alone and off limits for all. I feel that there should be some mystery where we as fans can either speculate and form our own opinions or choose to leave as mysteries as it adds to the galaxy's charm. One complaint I've heard from some Trek fans is that in all the supplement material and movies almost everything has an explanation and it doesn't leave anything to the imagination not that that's a bad thing it's just what I've heard. I want my GFFA to have mysteries. I don't need an explanation for everything.

As an aside, I also want plagueis left alone.

cwustudent and darth ladnar like this.
  14. Julian Skywalker-Solo

Julian Skywalker-Solo Jedi Padawan star 1

May 21, 2014
    Nothing. Prequels explained too much already.

15. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    are life stones a thing?

Dra--- likes this.
  16. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    It would be the Darkside cave on Dagobah for me.

I have always wanted to know more about it – and felt that there was a huge story element there that was completely passed over.

If they don't do something with that at some point in the saga, IMO it would be a missed opportunity.

darklordoftech likes this.
  17. DarthWilliams

DarthWilliams Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2008
    Plagueis, mostly. Was he real? Did Palpy make that whole thing up?

18. Ganger

Ganger Force Ghost star 4

Dec 9, 1999
    Exactly, explaining that would be like adding cellular organisms that determine how strong in the force someone is . . . Oh wait . . .

Yanksfan, Dewback, jaqen and 2 others like this.
  19. Sir Chem

Sir Chem Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 26, 2013
    I would like to have a look at the Jedi training, particularly Lightsaber handling. I can't think of any others right now.

Revanfan1 and vinsanity like this.
  20. Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 15, 2014
    Best way to make the sequels feasible (because ROTJ is a pretty perfect ending) is to maybe clear up some of the loose ends like the Degobah cave. I'm no fan of the prequels, but Plageuis in some form could be a good villain and would provide linkage across the saga.

21. Granek

Granek Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2012
    force ghosts, Hego DaMask

22. sluggo1313.

sluggo1313. Jedi Knight star 4

Aug 23, 2013
    None

And lets be honest - any Plagues/Hugo Demask questions are EU questions, and they certainly aren't getting answered

23. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    I want to know if Figrin D'an and the Modal Nodes are still around?

D'an likes this.
  24. Darth Lurker

Darth Lurker Jedi Knight star 1

May 24, 2014
    How the FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF did Anakin learn how to become a force ghost?

25. Ganger

Ganger Force Ghost star 4

Dec 9, 1999
    He's space Jesus, of course he can turn into a ghost without effort. He even has enough midichlorians to make himself appear younger. Lucas had all of this planned since 1974.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.