main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST PT/OT questions you hope Episode VII answers?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Jedi_Lantern, May 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Lurker

Darth Lurker Jedi Knight star 1

May 24, 2014
  2. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
  3. Jobertus

Jobertus Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    There are undoubtedly a great many questions we all have, here are some that I have that I can remember at the moment.

Will the ST mention midichlorians at all? I hope so because the only thing their creation did was to enhance what the OT established about the Force and it would be a further way to tie the three trilogies together. In my opinion, those who feel otherwise about midichlorians need to see beyond their myopia.

How far has Luke gotten in his efforts build a new Jedi Order? Has he even started? (I'd have to think he did after 30 years.)

Has the Alliance been able to restore the Republic? If so, what state is this New Republic in?

Did Luke have children?

Did Han and Leia get together and have kids? (I'm assuming they did.)

Is there anything left of the Empire?

Was Yoda correct in believing that there were no other Jedi survivors of the purge beyond he and Obi-Wan?

Did Anakin really destroy the Sith? Or did Darth Sidious have another apprentice? Or did Darth Plagueis survive his apprentice's betrayal?

There are likely to be many more questions, but these are what I can think of off the top of my head.

4. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    The mystery of Syfo Dias and the lost archives..... what if Syfo Dias was really another Palpatine identity like Sidious.

5. Ganger

Ganger Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 1999
    Most of those are not unanswered questions from the last trilogies, but possible plot points for a film that take place 30 years after the last episode. And about your bit on the midichlorians, I think it's safe to say the franchise would suffer less if there was no mention of them.

6. Jobertus

Oct 31, 2012
    Actually, in addition to being potential plot points of Episode VII (and beyond) they also double as yet unanswered questions.

Beyond that, I fail to see how the franchise should suffer by including midichlorians. I'll reiterate that if anyone has an issue with midichlorians, I suggest it is their own issue to deal with and not anything wrong on the part of the PT. IMO the "mysticism" of the Force from the OT has in no way been undermined by midichlorians, only enhanced.

7. Darth Lurker

Darth Lurker Jedi Knight star 1

May 24, 2014
    I can't remember where, but I recall reading at some point that GL stated the reason for the midichlorians was only to show that Anakin was indeed the chosen one, since he had more than anyone else.

At least I hope I read that somewhere and didn't just make it up in order to justify why they exist.

8. cronedoggy

cronedoggy Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 3, 2012

How is the mysticism enhanced by a rigorous scientific underpinning of the force that can be measured and tested upon? More importantly, how is it enhanced?

Your comment seems so dismissive of other opinions, as if there were objective quality propositions regarding a movie.

If you don't have an issue with the midichlorians, I suggest it is your own issue to deal with and not anything right on the part of the PT.

9. Grand_Moff_Jawa

Grand_Moff_Jawa Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 31, 2001
    Yeah, but George didn't realize he didn't need to paint us a picture here. We got it already. Midi's destroyed my Force.

TOSCHESTATION likes this.
  10. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    Well beyong the good questions already having been asked by earlier posters...

Whether or not Corcusant freed itself after the Emperor, Vader, and Death Star II died at the end of Return of the Jedi as the Special Editions implied, or if that party was forcefully put down soon after by the Imperial Military, or those who took control of that uprising turned out to be just as corrupt. All three options have real world examples... (might not get answered)

What exactly Yoda taught Luke to complete his training and if the force ghosts taught him after VI or if he was left mostly alone to rebuild... if so after death, did becoming one with the force change their views on old dogma... (50/50 on being answered)

What the Rebellion built after VI and how stable is it... (good odds of getting answered, logically could tie into the first question id want answered or be seperate)

If the newest badguys where alive during the OT what where they doing (aka why didnt Palpatine see them as a threat)... (likely will get at least an implied answer)

How much do Luke and Leia know of their real parents and how do they learn about it. (Might not be answered in VII)

Does Han ever fully fix the Millenium Falcon... (kidding, since as soon as he does something else will clearly break down on it)... and does Lando replay him for the sensor dish?

11. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    This is the most accurate and comprehensive list of outstanding issues I've yet to see anywhere. I think just about every outstanding question relating to the PT or OT as they relate to the ST can be compressed into a question on this list.

12. D'an

D'an Jedi Master star 4

Apr 21, 2014
    Does the galaxy know the truth about Luke's relation to Vader?
    Would a New Republic trust a restored Jedi Order?
    Do some members of the Alliance reject a New Republic in favor of autonomy?

13. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    What does Leia think of Vader being her Father?
    Will Luke and Leia find out about the PT?

themetresgained, Mata2010 and Krueger like this.
  14. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    I still want to know who's the more foolish.

15. Hernalt

Hernalt Force Ghost star 4

Jun 29, 2000
    The franchise can be expanded in its present way because of Moore's law. Many stories can be added to the saga because the digital recording and storage technology has increased, founded upon materials science that is advancing in leaps and bounds. Lucas dragged a medieval / Buddhist conception of a mystical energy field into the third millennium (well, it was 1999, to be fair) because he needed a metric, a standard for comparison, a quantitative basis for persuasion, and that's how we got mitochondria. And what is noir, that Kenobi embarked upon in AOTC, but the accumulation of data points of deductive reasoning, a Sherlock Cumberbatch in a starfighter, chasing a mystery. What's good for the Lucas is good for the gander. Is your mystery authentic or self-conscious, and can you unknow or unlearn that mitochondria are part of the Star Wars universe. Modern sorcery can be read in Maxwell's equations, the Lorentz Force, the E and B modes of the gravity wave polarization embedded in the cosmic microwave background. It's a big universe. We will not run out of dark caves.

RobShanti and Circular Logic like this.
  16. Dameron

Dameron Jedi Master star 4

Apr 8, 2014
    Ah, but will we want to run out of dark caves?

Hernalt likes this.
  17. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    I don't think there is anything from the PT and TCW that need explaining in the ST. After all those events were 60 years(?) before this new film, so why would they be mentioned?

But a lot of the questions to fill in the blanks since ROTJ can easily be explained in a few lines of the opening crawl.

Something along the lines of:

'Since the fall of the Empire peace returned to the galaxy, a new Republic and Senate has been established on Coruscant............. Luke Skywalker has built a new Jedi order / retired to a hovel on Tatooine (delete as applicable)..............but in distant worlds remants of the Empire still exist and an ancient evil threatens to be awakened blah blah...........'

18. Hernalt

Hernalt Force Ghost star 4

Jun 29, 2000
    An excellent point. It is probably very unsafe to be running in dark caves, or through dark caves, or out of dark caves. For the reason that, even if you see the light at the end of the tunnel, there could be a wall of glass. So, no one should want to run out of dark caves.

19. Visivious Drakarn

Visivious Drakarn Jedi Master star 3

Apr 20, 2013
    PT/OT questions you hope Episode VII answers?

Just a few I can think of now.
    - In-universe explanation of various aspects of the Force. That means explaining what is the Living Force and, if exists, the Unifying Force.
    - Unnatural abilities of the Force. Is ghosting unnatural? Force lightning? Just a couple of hints would be fine.
    - Dagobah being familiar to Luke. This would be interesting. Was Luke there while growing up? Were those residual images of Yoda's watching of Luke through the Force? Or was that a premonition of Luke's future, possibly explained in the ST?
    - Making a lightsaber. I understand that making a lightsaber was never a problem for the PT Jedi, OT's Obi-Wan had his old one, Vader had no problems in making them if he wanted to with the Empire behind him, Luke had Anakin's until TESB, but he made one for ROTJ. How? What were the resources and skills needed for that? I'd love to see a bit more of that.

Dak Oolron likes this.
  20. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Why we never saw what happened to the BMF saber.

Sent from my R2 unit

darklordoftech likes this.
  21. Jobertus

Oct 31, 2012
    Will Han's prediction that Luke is going to die on Tatooine come true?

Yes, it was in regard to their sticky situation at the time, but could it prove to be prophetic in the long run?

22. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008

Well, there was a 20 year gap between the two trilogies, so I can see a story about Vader searching the galaxy for a way to bring Padme back to life, ends up somehow finding the means to eternal life, thinks he has no use for it at that point, but keeps it in his memory bank.

23. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008

Figrin D'an was fired for constantly being late to shows and now they're known as Chester Bennington and the Modal Nodes.

EDIT: sorry for double post

darklordoftech likes this.
  24. TheFoot

TheFoot Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 5, 2011
    I think when the Jedi were trying to figure out who the Sith was, some kind of midichlorian count (or records of such thing) would have seriously helped them. Yet...they just meditated instead....I guess just not thinking clearly or something. I know they were very distracted by the war but...man...it was right under their noses. Almost ridiculously so.

So my thing is: once they suspected it might be someone in power/in the Senate, how come, from that pool of people, they couldn't figure it out? I guess they just weren't meditating hard enough to find the answer...

Dak Oolron likes this.
  25. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013
    As Clone Wars shows once again the one connects everything into the other. You are not going to get anything remotely as spiritual as that last Clone Wars story.

What people either overlook or want to overlook is the true story purpose. The Jedi Order and the way it worked was craft around getting Anakin in even though he shouldn't.

That is the way to create a story. Anakin shouldn't be in but he has to so how to create a story around that?

Jedi can't marry and have children but Anakin does. Jedi are very young when accepted. Anakin is too old even at 9. Jedi should be trained to not have attachments but Anakin does.

So there has to be an objective reason for even considering him hence the objective rating of a midi-chlorian count which also serves as the reason for any Jedi who is taken in as a child.

If tapping into the Force was so easy then there would be billions of Force users and all different kinds of orders from Jedi to Sith to whatever. Obviously that wasn't the case just as obviously Luke was powerful because he was the son of a powerful Jedi so to pretend their isn't a biological reason doesn't work.

Why? A count means next to nothing without training. In the world of Star Wars there would be plenty of people with Force potential who never were put in for training. If Anakin had no training then he'd be a great pilot and warrior in many ways but no Jedi.

That is already answered in both the movies and accentuated in the Clone Wars.

InterestingLurker and Dak Oolron like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.