main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Rocketjock Eatery (A Star Wars: Intervention OOC/OOG discussion thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Bravo, Apr 5, 2011.

1. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    I've been a busy little bee over in the Quick Reference the last two nights. While it's one entry, on page 5 ("Other Factions"), its a bit juicy with details if you can connect the dots. If not, well, you'll just have to wait to be surprised later on. :p I was going to try to introduce this starfighter into a IC post last night, but as I myself started weave the mysterious into, I realized that I couldn't do something "half butt". So I made something pretty cool I thought.

Heavy Isotope likes this.
  2. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Wildwookiee, I will get a tag up tonight for you. I tried to do one on lunch break and just ran out of time.

3. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Int-er-est-ing.

Fell asleep last night. Not in itself a bad thing, but I was in a race against time to post before Bravo, because I too had written a post lunchtime to answer @Wildwookie's tag, but could not post it from work.

Mine was a meet and greet, whereas I note, yours was not...so I can still post mine. :cool:

EDIT: Ah-ha, I see there was one greety sort of line in there. Ah well, I've posted now. :p

Bravo likes this.
  4. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    We're going to need to change the name of that mission Sith-I-5. ;)

[​IMG]

5. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Operation Witches Triple-Stars doesn't sound quite as snappy.

Nobody modded me when I used the line in Intervention, so I thought it was okay.

So how is this combination post of Taab and Masha coming along?

Bravo likes this.
  6. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Meh, it probably just wasn't noticed before but it's on the disallowed word list so unless we want to call it "triple star" we should probably rethink the name. :p

It's going well, working out things via PM with Heavy Isotope and Skywalker_T-65. I have my ideas all set for what I will be doing for Taab and Atin on the Johnny Boy but finalizing the flashback stuff first before I post. Hopefully I can get that written up tomorrow.

[​IMG]

Bravo likes this.
  7. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    I didn't see the naughty word, since Jusik just had to do something about it :p , but knowing Sith, it was in epic fashion! :D

8. Heavy Isotope

Heavy Isotope Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 10, 2013
    I'll be getting to the post now @Bardan_juisk :)

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  9. Wildwookiee

Wildwookiee Jedi Master star 4

Apr 14, 2001
    Just a question on banned words. Would other words that mean the same but spelled differently be acceptable, the actual phrase is "Witches treat...without the r." That word, so far as I know, isn't considered vulgar by anyone I am aware of, but I am being cautious so the ban hammer doesn't fall. Would that word be an acceptable alternative?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

10. Heavy Isotope

Oct 10, 2013
    I use star wars slang words as euphemisms, they aren't inherently offensive and sometimes seen a bit humorous. So its a bit of comic relief while conveying the intention.

11. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    If it's not on the list of disallowed words then it would be fine.

[​IMG]

12. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    I could not find the Disavowed List...oh wait, that's Mission Impossible.

I couldn't find the Disallowed Word List either. I recall it used to be at the front of the Fan Fic board, but I cannot see it now.

13. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Disallowed words list. It's up above under the Rules of the JC tab at the top of the page. There is a menu off to the left that leads to it. Or you can just follow the link I provided. :p

[​IMG]

14. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    I spent ten minutes searching through Fan Fic looking for that, and it was at the top of my screen all the time.

Thanks Bardan.

I have a mod question for you, re. a member, or two members. Are Wildwookie and wildwookie (small starting letter) the same person, or two separate people?

I think a board spellcheck is knocking my big W's down to small ones, when I tag, and I could be sending serial alerts to the wrong person.

15. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Just looking at it the wildwookie (small w) has just one e at the end whereas our Wildwookiee has it spelled correctly. :p

[​IMG]

16. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Ah-ha, never noticed that. Thank you!

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  17. Wildwookiee

Apr 14, 2001
    A battle I've fought for over a decade. Thank you for recognizing my struggle.

On the topic, we could use the word teat, it is perfectly acceptable and not on the disallowed list. Plus it is more correct.

18. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Wildwookiee.

Good post.

I would rather this stuff get unloaded aboard our interdictor, the Delicate Delinquent, which is a controlled environment, but Bravo had Priest land on the ice planet, so my hands are sort of tied.

19. Wildwookiee

Apr 14, 2001

Yeah, we'll have to see what happens when Johnny shows up

20. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Joint post for the end of the Dep S saga is up. I have a Taab/Atin post set in the current time frame ready to go and will post it later today.

[​IMG]

Bravo likes this.
  21. Heavy Isotope

Oct 10, 2013
    Same goes for a Masha and Elizabeth post. :)

Bravo and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  22. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Bardan_Jusik, what happened with the boards last night? I was writing up a post around 10pm when I went to use the link button to hyperlink in a article from Wookieepedia when 10 different sever errors all appeared at once...then the boards crashed completely a few minutes later.

23. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Copying this over from the technical questions thread in comms.

I was lucky because I had just formatted and finished sending the final version of our joint post to Skywalker and Heavy Isotope via PM just minutes before the problems started.

[​IMG]

Bravo likes this.
  24. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    I need to read that thread more often. I keep forgetting about it. :p

Sith-I-5 and Wildwookiee, tags are up! Vehn, I'm getting your reply typed up now! :)

25. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    The Boards were down this morning, UK time, which on my last day of home internet for two weeks, was a bit concerning.