main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Filming Announcement -- May 2014

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by -polymath-, Mar 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Young Yoda

Young Yoda Jedi Knight star 1

May 4, 2014
  2. Darth_Zidious

Darth_Zidious Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2001
    Moisture vaporator on the right?

3. Leias_Left_Bun

Leias_Left_Bun Jedi Master star 4

Feb 18, 2013
    Who knows if it's reliable? But gut feeling = that's a real pic from the set.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  4. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001
    I don't find that site to be particularly reliable - lots of speculation and rumor passed off as actual information - but that picture seems legit. The huts remind me of the Tusken Raider village from AotC. Though the doorway in the middle looks like Luke's/moisture farm.

5. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    Looks like a Tuskin camp. The door in the background looks like it'll have a building cg'd in the background in post. Looks very barbaric, which I've kind always thought made sense from a story point of view.

6. RandomGuardian

RandomGuardian Jedi Knight star 1

May 21, 2014
    A tall and needle-like metallic structure in the middle of a barbaric looking camp in the desert, I can't think anything but Star Wars looking at this picture.

my kind of scum likes this.
  7. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I'm always cautious about things coming from that site but that definitely looks legit. So perhaps another visit to a Tusken camp is in our future. Let's hope it's not as messy as the last one. :p

8. RandomGuardian

RandomGuardian Jedi Knight star 1

May 21, 2014
    Now where's your Tusken-killing spirit? It's not like they're really alive.

9. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I just prefer slaughtering womp-rats in my T-16. :p

T-R-, EHT and Pro Scoundrel like this.
  10. Leias_Left_Bun

Leias_Left_Bun Jedi Master star 4

Feb 18, 2013
    I killed them! I killed them all. They're dead, every single one of them. And not just the men, but the women and the children, too.

As long as nobody kills Bob, I'm good.

T-R- and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  11. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    That definitely looks legit. Very cool. I agree that it looks tusken-esque, but with the vaporator and the entrance to a (probably larger, cgi) building, it could be more like the outskirts of a settlement... Possibly still part of that market scene with those things that appear to be drying racks of some kind possibly... (Yes, I'm thinking about a photo too much. Ha.)

12. Claire1976

Claire1976 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 20, 2013
    Looks legit to me, and I agree, it does look very similar to the Tusken camp in AOTC, unless of course it IS a pic that was taken during shooting of AOTC and they are passing it off as new. But it definitely looks SW to me.

Lol, hey, maybe this is where Bob lives :)

Baron_Papanerd likes this.
  13. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    Of course the Tusken way of life could have changed over 30+ years, but Tuskens were nomads and were always on the move. The structures, especially the piece of tall hardware on the right edge of the photo look a little more long term. Steps for the huts and such say that it is a longer-term dwelling and that big piece of whatever it is on the right, isn't really suiting to nomad folks who travel often. That would be a lot to haul around, even for a Bantha.

See the village from AotC. It is entirely made of small, easily constructed and easily broken down tents.

[​IMG]

There are not a bunch of little lean-to things or hardware scattered around.

Now, I fully understand that this is just one village of Tuskens. The supposed spy photo could be legit. I just don't think that it is Tuskens.

El_Machete12 likes this.
  14. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001
    The site has updated to say their source has confirmed that the picture was taken at Pinewood, not in Abu Dhabi. That should put people at ease who were worried that only John and Daisy would be in the Tatooine scenes. We already thought they could be filming some of Tatooine at Pinewood, and now it seems they definitely are.

15. thisguyisnotajedi

thisguyisnotajedi Jedi Knight star 3

May 16, 2014
    People were getting bent out of shape worrying about who was in Abu Dhabi

16. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Perhaps if it is a Tusken village it was built over the ruins of a human settlement. Without the protection Jabba probably provided these towns and cities they could have been overrun by the Tuskens.

my kind of scum likes this.
  17. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    Those definately looks like a Tusken Raider settlement, but those steps leading up to a doorway has me intrigued. I am not so sure there will be a cgi building behind it. It looks like the doorway leads right into the hillside; like Hobbit Homes. This kind of structure doesn't fit in with the Tusken tents. If the Theory that Luke is on Tatooine is true; that could be a hovel that he lives in like Obi-Wan did. Maybe the Tusken tents are to keep people away, unless whoever lives there has befriended the Tusken Raiders.

I don't want Luke to be living in exile on Tatooine. But who could be living there? [face_thinking]

18. Crankcase

Crankcase Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 20, 2012
    Please point me out a single article on that site that was a rumor or a speculation and we tried to pass it off as an actual information. There's an archive with all 623 posts.
    One of the most important things we do is to make it clear in the actual title of the article if it's official, rumor or speculation.

The Revanchist, DNateos and newdawn12 like this.
  19. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I've been critical of your site but you definitely deserve credit. Good work with the pic and thanks for sharing!

20. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    So, is that image the same as the one posted on the previous page in this thread? I tried going to that link and it says the page doesn't exist. If that's the case, then I would say it was probably legit if it's been removed.

Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  21. Darth_Zidious

Darth_Zidious Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2001
  22. rezpen

rezpen Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2010
  23. Dewback

Dewback Force Ghost star 4

Jul 18, 1998
    If it's a Tusken settlement then the material culture associated with it is very different than what we saw in the prequels. The tent is different, there are semi-permanent structures that almost look like clay ovens but with steps, there are lean-to structures that appear to be drying things (plants?). I think this is something else entirely. Maybe something in a market.

24. thisguyisnotajedi

thisguyisnotajedi Jedi Knight star 3

May 16, 2014

They might have been contacted to remove it. Hope I'm not getting anyone in trouble by posting it again.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  25. Young Yoda

Young Yoda Jedi Knight star 1

May 4, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.