main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST PT/OT questions you hope Episode VII answers?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Jedi_Lantern, May 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    I didn't really like the way they handled it in the EU, i'd love to see how Luke and Leia would react to finding out their father was a multiple child murderer??? Can someone ever be truly redempt after committing such crimes?

2. Jedi_Lantern

Jedi_Lantern Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 3, 2013
    What was the BMF saber?

3. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I think he was referring to Mace's lightsaber that he lost out the window. Nobody spell out BMF, please. ;)

cwustudent and Darkslayer like this.
  4. Jedi_Lantern

Jedi_Lantern Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 3, 2013
    Oh, I got ya

5. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    And don't forget Luke's first saber and hand as well as Vader's red saber and the hand that Luke cut off.

Dak Oolron likes this.
  6. TheFoot

TheFoot Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 5, 2011
    Star Wars honestly doesn't leave a lot of open questions. Sure people have issues with the 'balance' part of the force and the prophecy, but I'm not sure all that would be addressed going this far into the future.

To me it's mostly only worth answering: what happened to the characters after ROTJ? Nothing else really matters in this story, right?

Blazer-Smith and jaqen like this.
  7. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    Not a question, but further exploration of Force Ghosts. The prequels scratched the surface and used the concept as a piece of dramatic irony against Anakin's turn and the originals introduced them to us in the "flesh" (for lack of a better term). It would feel wrong if the sequels don't follow suit and further expand on this concept, especially in relation to the newly balanced Force.

The Force Ghosts are clearly tied to the Qui-Gon/OT Jedi mentality rather than the dogmatic PT Jedi mentality, so I kind of expect Luke's new Jedi Order, assuming he has one, to be closer connected to this aspect of the Force than the PT Jedi were.

8. Primetime_Jedi

Primetime_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 21, 2000
    Just a random thought: What if Jar Jar turned evil.........The ST could provide the greatest scene in the history of movies, and please all SW fans: Luke Skywalker kills Jar Jar. It's possible..........

Master Raze Golladio likes this.
  9. datoupee

datoupee Jedi Master

Apr 9, 2001
    I would like the following to be said in the sequel trilogy by a an OT character...

"Old virtues aren't always true. We learned this the hard way. Midichlorians, a life of solitude, detachments from love, none of these are true distinctions of a Jedi. However, years of training and proceeding in the wrong direction were not for nothing. We've learned from these methods and can now proceed with a basis for true instruction based on this wisdom."

10. WannaBuySomeDeathSticks

WannaBuySomeDeathSticks Jedi Knight star 1

May 21, 2014
    Gotcha covered, mate. :D

And for anyone wondering about force ghosts, go watch the clone wars yoda chronicles.

11. Dameron

Dameron Jedi Master star 4

Apr 8, 2014

I would actually love to see Luke with the lightsaber Vader used to battle him on the Death Star.

No, we didn't see anyone pick it up after the fight. But it would be cool if, when moving his father's body into or out of the shuttle, Luke realized that in his last moments, Vader's lifetime of combat training took over one last time, and he instinctively retrieved his Jedi weapon before the life left him, where it's still clutched in his remaining mechanical hand. For Vader, it would be a callback to Obi-Wan reprimanding Anakin about losing his saber in AOTC. For Luke, it would be a callback to Obi-Wan giving him his father's blade at the start of his training.

And for Star Wars fans everywhere, it would be a great gotcha moment as Luke fired up his red saber, causing us all to erupt in a simultaneous "WHAT THE ****?!?!" in the theater before hearing the explanation and realizing how cool it is.

12. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    Vader's hand and saber fell down the same immense chasm that the Emperor was tossed down... doubt Luke climbed down all that way to get it... I suppose maybe he could have called it up with the force, but I don't think that was even remotely close to his mind as something to do.

cwustudent likes this.
  13. Dameron

Apr 8, 2014
    It looks as though the hand and lightsaber are positioned to fall over the railing where Luke and Vader are fighting, but do we ever see that it's the "express elevator to hell" shaft? Maybe it just landed, like, a couple of feet down there!

TOSCHESTATION likes this.
  14. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    It fell down a chasm, as that was a small bridge going over said chasm.

Evidence of the chasm...

[​IMG]

15. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    I know that the Abrams will try to distance himself from the PT, but will Coruscant be featured? I just won`t believe nothing will happen in the capital of the galaxy.

16. JediGirl_Angelina

JediGirl_Angelina Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 12, 2003
    And why would he do so?

17. HankSolo

HankSolo Jedi Master star 3

Dec 3, 2012
    Sifo-Dyas.

Jedi_Lantern likes this.
  18. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004
    Why Leia's hair looked 10x shorter when she took her helmet off in Jabba's palace?
    Whatever happened to Ice Cream Maker Guy?
    Why did Beru and Owen age 40 years in less than 20?
    Why was Luke hidden from Anakin and Palpatine, yet allowed to keep the name Skywalker?
    Why did once strong Padme die from the disease of "losing the will to live"?
    Is Dex's Diner still open for business?
    How many Bothans actually did die to bring us this information?

If VII doesn't answer these, the saga is lost to me.

19. Darth Swede

Darth Swede Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 4, 2012
    Did any of Jabba's goons survive the skiff explosion?
    What happened to Lobot?
    What happened to Mas Amedda after ROTS?

markdeez likes this.
  20. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    What happened to Luke's original right hand?

TOSCHESTATION and Jedi_Lantern like this.
  21. DarthBertChews

DarthBertChews Jedi Master

Jul 29, 2003
    Force ghosts. What is the secret?

Dak Oolron likes this.
  22. Obi Whan Kenobi

Obi Whan Kenobi Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 8, 2013
    I would love these things explained.

1. Please please PLEASE explain what kind of "Balance" did Anakin bring to the force by killing Sidious?

2. Please explain the lightsaber colors and why Sith only use red.

3. Explain more of the Sith history and background.

TOSCHESTATION likes this.
  23. Primetime_Jedi

Primetime_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 21, 2000
    Regarding Coruscant, I think it has to play a major role in the ST. This question probably won't be answered because the real-life answer is obvious, but why did we never see Coruscant in the OT (besides the SE ending)? I know the answer, but maybe a line from Luke would be helpful, like this, "Boy, too bad I never got to see Coruscant, stuck on the farm, and then running around with the rebels and all." This would help the movie-goers who haven't analyzed everything like us.

24. Dameron

Apr 8, 2014

Another beautiful theory slain by an ugly fact.

25. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004
    Why would Cousant need to be featured in the OT? The story the OT tells doesn't go there and therefore there needs to be zero explanation as to why they the action never takes place there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.