main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I Bought Them All - the Figures, the Ships, even the LEGO! (Part 2)

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by LAJ_FETT , Sep 8, 2012.

1. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Picked up Ree-Yees carded Return of the Jedi and Luke POTF loose. Unfortunately has teeth marks on back leg, oh well!

2. KeithyT

KeithyT Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 17, 2014
    Wamp rat? Rancor?

Juke Skywalker and whostheBossk like this.
  3. whostheBossk

Apr 16, 2002
    Ha, probably from the Wamp rat or trash compactor as he is in the stormy outfit from ANH

KeithyT likes this.
  4. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Yeah well I have other collections too - X-Files, Superman/Smallville, some Avatar, some X-Men, and Indiana Jones. Oh yeah and I have some awesome Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, and Hunger Games dolls. *Sigh

Yeah I've been pretty proud of myself for ignoring all things GOT - but the 12" scale Tyrion looks soooo awesome....I think amazing 12" figures are what I've been waiting for. Must...get...high...paying...job...

** The other day I unearthed a large box of my SW books that got put in the wrong room when we moved last year. That was rather fun to go through - found a bunch of my cool movie script books and a couple of older Sansweet books that are now out of print that I think were pre-prequels. I always love going through those - it's fun seeing him get all excited about stuff that's now really old school for collectibles.

KeithyT - welcome back to madness!

5. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    Don't worry to much on the 6" funko GoT figures! They have terrible likenesses for 20 bucks. Shame too, one of my favorite series. Hopefully someone else will get the license and we'll get better figures.

I love the GoT funko pop figures though!

6. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    My collection is a mishmash of stuff. I tend to go on collecting kicks and move from one thing to another depending on what happens to catch my fancy that day. I have SW, Pokemon, and insects currently displayed, with a small Dalek collection on storage, a Megaman collection stored somewhere else, boxes of comics (mostly Green Lantern), Green Lantern power rings sitting somewhere, a small rock collection that I'd like to eventually add to and display, a collection of buttons, wrist bands, and keychains...

Then there's my small weapons collection, my collection of convention badges, a very small autograph collection, and then miscellaneous items that I've acquired over the years.

7. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    I have my star wars stuff, but also tons of Resident Evil, Final Fantasy, My little Pony, and walking dead stuff too. I collect to many things!

PadmeLeiaJaina and TrakNar like this.
  8. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Hee hee - I like that My Little Pony is in there w/ Resident Evil and The Walking Dead :p

9. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    Never hurts to have some color other than Zombie Grey and Blood Red ;)

10. whostheBossk

Apr 16, 2002
    Nothing new on the department store chain front....Black Series still going strong with not many Pablo Jill's, few Mara Jade's and no Darth Plagueis. At least some Wal Marts are slowly adapting some new Black Series. Someting to look forward to.

11. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Indeed. I've seen a few more Black Series figures yesterday. None that I'm looking for, but it's an improvement.

12. Sithaldo

Sithaldo Jedi Master star 1

Nov 3, 2013
    Picked up a few more figures today via eBay.

Medicom Darth Maul
    [​IMG]

&

The Sideshow Collectables Yoda. I haven't got a decent Yoda figure so decided it was about time I had one.
    [​IMG]

13. whostheBossk

Apr 16, 2002
    Had a special UPS delivery yesterday. Huge lot of vintage figures and weapons! Not looking to keep it all as I love my newfound hobbie of not just buying, but putting the right figure with the right weapon and selling them. Don't have to make a profit as I always end up keeping some (army build figures mostly). There were some that were in great shape with tight limbs, shiny paint jobs and their weapons which was great. Also included was a 1977 Star Wars stamp collection booklet which went over space voyage of the '60's and '70's with pics of stamps.

Juke Skywalker likes this.
  14. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    Wow, that's a lot of hands! "Here's one if you want Maul to give 'Thumbs up'. Here's a 'Peace sign' hand. Here's...". He looks great.

15. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I got this:

[​IMG]

and this:

[​IMG]

in the mail the other day. Had a fun time putting them together with SW music in the background. :D

16. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Picked up Vader's Little Princess at a town fair today for a buck. They also had a few kiddie Clone Wars books, as well as a lunch box shaped like Vader's helmet. Was tempted to buy the latter just because. :p

17. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    None of my local places have had any new stock the last three weeks! Made collecting slow to a crawl.

18. KeithyT

Apr 17, 2014
    Just bought my next set of three 3 and 3/4 inch Hasbro figures, the Jedi Force Pack Commemorative DVD collection in the animated micro series range.

Longer haired Obi-Wan, non battle-scarred Anakin, and ARC Trooper (Rex?).

That's 9 figures to display now...

EDIT: Also picked up the latest two ANH collectors cards (Luke and X-Wing) from my local Disney Store UK on Saturday. I do feel like a right plonker having to say phrases like "The Force is strong with this one" to get my grubby little mits on them haha!

whostheBossk likes this.
  19. whostheBossk

Apr 16, 2002
    Finally made a flea market stop since I was on my way back from a trip and in the neighborhood. Picked up carded POTJ Cpt. Nieda, SWS Adm. Ozzel, Rebel Trooper, TPM Watto, C3PO, Battle Droid, Repel Been for only $2.50 each! Ebay purchases include: Lot of 13 vintage figures (main one's include Last 17 Imperial Dignitary, Paploo, and Luke in Stormtrooper outfit), Bespin Leia, Carded General Madine, ATST driver, and Yoda. A little rough edges and bubble dented, but good deals none the less. Hope I can sell some this week to bring in some much needed cash!

PadmeLeiaJaina likes this.
  20. whostheBossk

Apr 16, 2002
    Forgot Naboo fighter pilot from above carded flea market purchase. Recieved carded ESB Yoda today! Not in the best shape as described, but has a hole in bubble, not as described! Oh well. I am really thinking of (carefully) glueing some carded figures bubbles together. Any thoughts?

21. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Got Darth Maul: Son of Dathomir nos. 1 and 2 yesterday!!! They were fantastic!

22. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Post lady brought issues 17-20 of the Star Wars Fact File today.

23. KeithyT

Apr 17, 2014
    Won a Star Wars: Clone Wars animated Sith Attack Pack on eBay UK tonight.

Just the single carded 8 figures to go, then I move onto Star Wars Rebels for my colourful cartoon feel collection!

whostheBossk likes this.
  24. KeithyT

Apr 17, 2014
    I hope nearly a week's gap between posts discounts this as a spam reply to myself ;)

Absolutely loving getting back into this collecting lark. I definitely think I picked a realistic, achievable, affordable, and (for me at least) a unique aesthetically pleasing, modern Hasbro line to collect in the Clone Wars Animated Series figures.

Today I had one seller accept my ebay UK best offers on 4 of the 2003 Season 1 figures (opened card backs but complete and in VGC) - Mace Windu, Count Dooku, Clone Trooper (white), and Yoda. Along with all the Commemorative DVD 3 packs I'd got so far I'm up to 16 of the 20 figures already, average price I've paid per figure is £4.40 GBP inc postage. Well happy with that. :cool:

Just the second season battle damaged Anakin, and the three coloured Clone Troopers to go now. The ones I've got so far look great on my shelf - will have to post a photo once I've got the set. I'm now wishing Hasbro had released a few more figures like Padme and Palpatine, even one of those mutated Nelvaanian warriors would have been cool.

25. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I got a big ass light up and sound generating blaster from The Phantom Menace at Goodwill. Still makes noises to drive my dogs wonkers :p