main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST STAR WARS: EPISODE VII CAST ANNOUNCED

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by ManaByte, Apr 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    I agree 100%.

And I mean about everything: the idea that the three leads were among the big cast announcement, that Gleeson is one of those three leads, and that a bigger social media presence on Domhnall's part would give folks more reason to talk about him.

I mean, until his role is confirmed or he starts giving interviews/sharing messages with his fans, what's there to discuss? I mean, "Is he Luke's kid?" I think we've pretty much covered that. :D

But it's not just him. Driver? Serkis? Isaac? von Sydow? All of their discussions have pretty much slowed to a trickle, simply because we haven't heard diddly-squat from/about them for awhile now.

I just think that until we learn a little more about the roles everyone will be playing (or they take it upon themselves to share their on-set experiences, as John and Daisy have), discussion about the individual actors is either going to keep going in circles, or dry up altogether while we wait to learn more.

Maybe once they start filming, everyone else will have more to share with us? [face_dunno]

2. JunoSynth

JunoSynth Jedi Knight star 1

May 21, 2014
    I guess it's wishful thinking but I have this feeling Gleeson is JJ's Mystery Box and will be a major player like luke's son. Of course we won't know til the movie is out though.

3. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    You are so right, it has come to a point where some people on these forums are neglecting the third lead and they make it seem as if Ridley and Boyega are the only new heroes.(duo rather than trio)

4. Vehgah

Vehgah Jedi Knight star 4

May 8, 2014
    It's not that people are neglecting the third lead. It's just less certain. Boyega was basically called a lead in Variety, and Daisy is the only new female of the main cast.

5. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    maybe but I have seen people (here and elsewhere) who only seem to want Ridley and Boyega even though it has been confirmed numerous times (even before announcement) that there are 3. I just find it odd.

ForgottennJedi1986 likes this.
  6. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
    Indeed. All we have so far is that Daisy and John have been filming in Abu Dhabi and much of that information has come from those two on set. That may mean lots of things, but I just think it's reasonable speculation that they will be two of the main leads. We have literally nothing on the other cast members to date, not least because they are not tweeting anything at all.

7. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    you don't think we might know who he's playing before the movie.

Lurknomore likes this.
  8. JediAce1

JediAce1 Force Ghost star 5

May 8, 2014
    I'm still pretty confident Adam Driver will be the third lead.

9. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    But almost all the rumors have him as a villain either from VII-IX or for VIII-IX, so he can't be the third lead and before anybody mentions Anakin, he was only a villain in Episode III (and not even for the whole movie)

10. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    If the reports are accurate and he's a villain, then no, I wouldn't count Driver among the "trio of new, young leads." They will be the heroes.

But who knows? Maybe Adam isn't really a villain?

11. JediAce1

May 8, 2014
    So do you not consider Heath Ledger's Joker a lead character in TDK? I don't understand your notion that villains can't be leads.

12. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    we are talking about the third member of the new trio which means heroes not villains, think Anakin, Obi Wan, and Padme followed by Luke, Han, and Leia.

13. JunoSynth

JunoSynth Jedi Knight star 1

May 21, 2014

I'm sure you guys will figure out the mystery box. lol... I'll probably leave once the real spoilers start hitting though so I meant that for myself. Poor choice of words I know. haha

14. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    I on the other hand am a captain and a captain always stays with the sinking ship.

15. JediAce1

May 8, 2014
    Lucasfilm hasn't confirmed that the new trio will be all heroes, that's what people are assuming. Like you said, Anakin was a lead in ROTS. We could very well see that same arc take place for Driver's character in this film.

16. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    My gut says this is how the cast will play out:

Ridley: main star, Luke-style role
    Boyega: Ridley's companion on the journey
    Ford: First name on the poster, large role as Ridley's father
    Driver: the villain

Those are the stars. In addition, you have...

Isaac: a supporting role as a rogue who helps the two leads, a la Han Solo
    Serkis: Isaac's companion
    Hamill: a recluse who must be drawn out in order to teach the next generation, see Obi-Wan in ANH
    Gleeson: Hamill's son, only a minor role in Ep7
    Daniels and Baker: hanging around with Hamill
    Christie: a Boba Fett type
    Nyong'o: no idea, maybe Driver's off-sider?
    Fisher: minor role as Ridley's mother
    Mayhew: obvious, probably a minor role
    von Sydow: maybe similar to the Emperor in ESB

17. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    so what type of role do you see Gleeson have in VIII and IX? (if he's Luke's son).

18. JediAce1

May 8, 2014
    Lol at ignoring my comment

19. Momotaros

Momotaros Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2013
    Disagree. I would reverse the top 2. I have a strong feeling Boyega the main lead not Ridley.

20. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    Sorry about that I was watching a soccer match (world cup next week) and got distracted, anyways look all the rumors about Driver are that he's either a villain in VII or in VIII so I personally don't seem him as the third lead even more if he's a villain early.

21. Artoo-Dion

Jun 9, 2009
    Not sure, but how's this for an idea: Luke's living on a rock somewhere, widowed, and has been raising Gleeson as a Jedi in isolation for the last 25 years. The story of Ep7 leads Gleeson to meet his cousin for the first time, and by Ep8 he's part of the gang and teaching Ridley the ways of the Jedi.

22. Momotaros

Momotaros Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2013
    Thier no evidence that she the main star of the saga. In fact thier more evidence it Boyega not her.

23. Artoo-Dion

Jun 9, 2009
    What evidence is there?

Imagine the poster:

STAR WARS EPISODE VII: JAR JAR'S REVENGE
    Starring HARRISON FORD DAISY RIDLEY JOHN BOYEGA

That alone has a nice balance to it.

24. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    The reason why some people insist on putting Ridley ahead of Boyega is that those people want a female lead and you won't see that stop until its proven 100% that she's not the main lead (Anakin/Luke).

25. Artoo-Dion

Jun 9, 2009
    I'm personally indifferent to having a female lead, but we have a character who appears to be the next generation in the Skywalker/Solo lineage, which is what the story is all about. If Ridley isn't the lead, it'll be Gleeson before Boyega.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.