main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga How Often Do You Watch SW?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Doom Trooper, May 17, 2014.

1. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    Ah that sucks! :/

I'm watching them again for Memorial Day. Well, 4-6 anyways. I may watch 1-3 tomorrow when everyone's at work. Been a very fun weekend!

2. FRAGWAGON

FRAGWAGON Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Usually once a year.

Visivious Drakarn likes this.
  3. Alienware

Alienware Jedi Master star 3

Apr 19, 2013
    It seems I'm a bit different compared to others over here. I think I've only ever watched each movie about 4 to 5 times in their entirety. And I have only once watched them all in order from episode 4 to 6 and then from 1 to 3 (on visually and audibly stunning Blu-ray editions[face_love] ). And that was about a year ago with my family when we watched one every evening for six days straight. And that's it. So I don't think I can compare to some of the hardcore fans on JCF, but hey, I still love these films. :) I just don't have the urge to watch them so often. And I like to have that feeling of not knowing what exactly comes next in a certain scene. Had that feeling last year and will definitely have it again when I'll watch them next time.

FRAGWAGON likes this.
  4. HanWookie95

HanWookie95 Jedi Youngling

May 27, 2014
    I watch them in order 1,2,3,4,5,6 then start over again 1,2,3,4,5,6, etc. I can't wait til the day to watch them 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9!!! As for how many SW movies I watch a year. I usually watch a SW movie if I have time on a weekend, so I usually watch 2-3 movies a month.

5. FRAGWAGON

Nov 3, 2012
    I have to watch them in order, too.

6. The_Book_of_Sith

The_Book_of_Sith Jedi Master

Sep 5, 2012
    I watch the GL directed SW's movies often, at least once or twice a month, but I haven't watched ESB or ROTJ for quite some time now.

7. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    I should re-watch The Prequels. It has been too long...

8. Ord-Mantell70

Ord-Mantell70 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 9, 2009
    Usually once or twice a year (depends if they're aired on TV or not).

I was used to watch the OT movies 2 or 3 times a year when I was younger, in late 80's and 90's.

But the one thing I really crave to see is the O-OT (before 1997) on the big screen again...

9. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000
    Oh, my god. I watch the OT with an embarrassing frequency. Even compared to the answers in this thread (*especially* compared to the answers in this thread). Oh, wow….I need to take a step back and reevaluate my life choices…...

Ord-Mantell70 likes this.
  10. darth_mccartney

darth_mccartney Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2008
    PT once every couple of months, Empire and Jedi bout twice a year or so, and the snoozefest ANH as little as possible!

11. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    The whole saga, once a year. An whole movie, probably once every 2/3 months. A certain scene/shot, almost weekly.

12. Jair Crawford

Jair Crawford Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 3, 2012
    It's been a while since I've watched them, but when I first became a fan in 2007, as soon as I got the DVDs, I would watch two movies from the series every weekend. I don't know how long I did this, but it felt like a year or more. lol

FRAGWAGON likes this.
  13. FRAGWAGON

Nov 3, 2012
    Hurray for new fans! 2007, wow that's fresh.

Jair Crawford likes this.
  14. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    the that's the one you should watch the most.

btw if you have netflix online you can watch all the clone wars episodes. if you haven't already i recommend watching ep 1 and 2, then watching the clone wars show in chrono order, then ep 3, 4, 5, 6.

this is the chronological order for the show...

Star Wars: The Clone Wars Chronological Episode Order | Star Wars Blog | Star Wars Blog

if you have netflix I HIGHLY recommend this. it's great.

15. Jair Crawford

Jair Crawford Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 3, 2012
    It is fresh, it feels just like yesterday yet somehow... it feels like it's been forever, at the same time. One things for sure, I'm gonna watch Episode 7 on opening night. I've never done that for any movie, and now that I'll get to see Star Wars on the big screen, I think it's time for my first midnight premier experience.

16. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I watch all six films every day. OK, not really. I try to make a point of doing a weekend marathon of all six once per year, though. And then additional viewings of the individual films whenever my kids want to watch them.

17. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Oh? I thought that was a requirement to maintain your position on the Mod Squad. I'm telling.

EHT likes this.
  18. darth_mccartney

darth_mccartney Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2008
    I've seen it loads but I just find it really boring. Compared to the other 5 it sucks! In my humble opinion anyway! ;)

19. HevyDevy

HevyDevy Force Ghost star 5

Apr 13, 2011
    I can relate to finding ANH slow in parts, particularly from when the main characters reach the deathstar (up until the duel between Obi-Wan and Vader anyway - great dialogue if not the most visually interesting duel). And some of the deathstar attack drags after seeing it so many times. However overall I find it far more consistent in quality than TPM, AOTC and ROTJ. This sounds cliche, but it's the one that started it all, it introduces so much, and you can see why it is held among most fans faves.

To answer the thread question - I think too much :p
    I think I go through phases a bit, but besides AOTC I tend to watch them all through every month or two, increases and decreases in frequency, but I love TPM, so I watch it a lot, then that makes me want the payoff of ROTS, then of course it makes you want to watch the OT. ROTS in '05 really made me an addict I guess...