main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO E3 2014 (June 9th-12th) Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by The2ndQuest , Jun 3, 2014.

1. AstroFan428

AstroFan428 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 3, 2003

Of anything actually coming out in near future, I gotta say Dragon Age. The best announcement for me so far is Rise of the Tomb Raider, when I finally played the definitive edition I loved it sooooo much, I love the idea that the island F'd her up.

2. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    Inside, because it's from the creators of Limbo. Ori and the Blind Forest could be good although it seems for now it's an XB One exclusive.

Life likes this.
  3. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Of what's been shown today, Evolve, Sunset Overdrive, Ori, Inside, Cup Head, Far Cry 4. Alien isolation got a demo on Spike between conferences and that looks fantastic also.

Since I've been meaning to play through the Halo series eventually, the MCC seems like an economical option . However, that's been more of a long term goal so I don't have any pressing need to get it anytime soon either.

I have interest in The Division and the new Battlefield but it will really depend on the finished product and what single player options are available (I don't want a multiplayer-dependent title even if they can be major optional features of the game). If Fable Legends was on Wii U I'd probably have bought it day 1, but on a mundane system there just isn't the same appeal of the 4v1 AGP.

4. Shadow Trooper

Shadow Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jul 18, 2013
    I'm really looking forward to Dragon Age Inquisition and Far Cry 4. While I was very disappointed in most of the titles currently released on Next Gen, it looks like I finally have an excuse to upgrade to one of the new consoles. Probably PS4 because I love the Uncharted series.

5. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000
    Destiny trailer....with Peter Dinklage?

6. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    As long as EA doesn't get pushy, Battlefront looks well on its way to being something truly special.

If Microsoft actually bothered to release Halo 2 Anniversary on the 360 they might have my attention.

7. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Yay, LittleBigPlanet 3, forgot about that series, it still looks great, and sounds like it'll be out this November, gotta remember to pick that up.

8. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Destiny- Will probably be cool but nothing in it has really grabbed my interest the way Marathon or Halo did.

The Order- Definitely looks pretty cool. The transition from chase cinematic to shooting the wolfman to cinematic was seamless.

Entwined- Neat and clever.

Infamous First Light- More particle effect overkill leadinmg to visual boredom for the game medium as a whole.

LBP3- Cute.

Bloodborn- Wow.

Far Cry 4- Wow.

9. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Well, looks like I'm getting a PS4. Well played, "Sally."

Lazy Storm Trooper likes this.
  10. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    I have been so confused ever since I first saw Destiny, I still don't know what to think. I actually got to play Marathon the other day via the AlephOne open source ports, specifically Marathon, and the series seems just as interesting as Halo so far.

11. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Dead Island 2- Ok, that was hilarious.

Magika 2- funny bit

Grim Fandango- Neat. Never got a chance to play that one.

Let It Die- Hmm, not sure what this is.

Abzu- Looks lovely.

12. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000
    Wow, No Man's Sky looks great.

13. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    No Man's Sky- Pokemon Snap meets Starfighter? Looks pretty sweet. And that was totally a Z-95 Headhunter.

14. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    Please say it not only on Playstation.

15. Clone_Cmdr_Wedge

Clone_Cmdr_Wedge Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 2006

I kept thinking of the Viper from BSG. I could see the Z-95 design in the cockpit though.

And yeah, No Man's Sky looks neat.

16. Nobody145

Feb 9, 2007
    Yeah, most of the comments are referencing the Colonial Viper, although its more of the "generic sci-fi starfighter" look. Still, No Man's Sky does look really nice. Finally got the stream working again.

Life likes this.
  17. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    The quad engines/2 winged/round cockpit look is more Headhunter than Viper, IMO.

18. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    TV? This is the Sony conference, right?

I've got to say, the games, games, games approach of MS' conference was much more interesting than what I've seen here.

19. Nobody145

Feb 9, 2007
    Talk about a reversal from last year. Oh well, Sony does have a lot of other media stuff (and the rest of Sony isn't doing well right now), but would prefer pure games. Ooh, Ratchet and Clank movie, I had heard about it, but this is the highest profile news I've seen about it.

Ah, now onto the PS4 port of Last of Us.

EDIT: Pretty cool Batman trailer with the Batmobile in combat. That really is basically a tank.

Ah, and they finish up strong with an Uncharted 4 trailer. Not until 2015, of course, but still, nice to see Nathan Drake on PS4. A Thief's End, huh? Looking forward to more trailers over the next year.

20. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah, a bit of a pacing lull in the middle with the services talk.

Also, how can the Penguin be in Arkham Knight? Wasn't he, ya know, eaten by a giant great white shark in AC? And was that Scarecrow as the Arkham Knight? Or just a fakeout to make you think it was him?

EDIT 1- Sony did a better job of having a diverse selection of titles compared to MS. I'll definitely be getting a PS4 in a year, year point five after it gets a decent price drop- the remastered version of TLOU and others guarantees that.

And that is despite my ongoing agony at the prospect of having to play games on a controller that still uses those ridiculous and unintuitive SHAPES as face buttons. [face_waiting]

21. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    John Noble as Scarecrow guys.

JOHN NOBLE AS SCARECROW

22. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    Grim Fandango re-release? Well ****. Now I'm going to have to buy a PS4.

Life likes this.
  23. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    No? He got locked up in a cabinet and you could talk to him as Selina.

And yeah, Scarecrow isn't Arkham Knight. Whoever he is, that'll be a reveal saved for the game.

24. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000
    Tim Schafer tweeted that they are working on getting it to the other platforms at some point.

http://www.polygon.com/e3-2014/2014/6/9/5795458/grim-fandango-ps4-ps-vita

So you might not have to get one just yet, though I think I'm gonna want one in time for Uncharted 4.

Darth-Lando likes this.
  25. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Another very interesting bit of news: Ubisoft has multiple finished Wii U titles (including one exclusive title that has been sitting on the shelf for six months) that they are holding off on releasing until the Wii U install base increases more to justify TV marketing costs and the like.

On one hand, I see the smart business move- wait until after all the big 2014 titles (Smash and the like) hit and push more Wii U hardware during the XB1/PS4 drought, then release titles that can sell more copies.

On the other hand- ARRRRG! I bet one of them is Valiant Hearts, and another is Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Phantoms, as that was one of their early Wii U demo games using the GamePad for drone strike controls and such.

Huh. Coulda sworn he got fed to his pet.

EDIT- Ohhh that's right, the display case.