main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Combat Evolved: The Halo Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by BISMARCK, May 21, 2002.

1. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    I call those good odds, for a Spartan. :p

Zeta1127 likes this.
  2. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
  3. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    I was really hoping that would be an IGN video because that seemed like an IGN thing to do :p

4. Lazy Storm Trooper

Sep 18, 2012
  5. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    That guy said "reveal" way too much.

6. Lazy Storm Trooper

Sep 18, 2012
  7. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
  8. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Looking forward to this. Hopefully Halsey will play a big role in this one, per the set-up in Spartan Ops. I also fully expect John to desert, which should change the tone of the game somewhat. Maybe it can be more open than Halo 4.

Lazy Storm Trooper likes this.
  9. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    I wonder if the other blue Spartan is this kid DeMarco from Majestic.

10. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    Several important 343i people have said he is a completely new character, and that wouldn't be possible anyway due to what happened to him in Halo: Escalation.

11. Lazy Storm Trooper

Sep 18, 2012
    Personally, I think that John is going to go rogue to find Halsey (to bring back Cortana), but then finds out she been "kidnapped". Meanwhile the ONI spartan is hunting down chief to return him to the UNCS as he is UNSC property. After the first or second meeting of the two the ONI spartan will come to the realization that the UNSC still has a lot of dirty secrets and join chief.

Let's see if my prediction will come true.

12. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Can't say I follow any of the Halo fiction anymore. So what exactly happened to him?

13. Zeta1127

Sep 2, 2012
    As I understand it,
    DeMarco died in Halo: Escalation
    though I don't really keep up with everything either, I haven't got around to reading the first six novels.

14. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Truth be told, why bother reading them? I see HALO EU as irrelevant as SW EU: both can be rendered non canon/legend/infinity by the showrunners. I thought REACH taught as all that lesson. :p

15. Zeta1127

Sep 2, 2012
    See, I don't think I will have any problems with Halo: Reach vs The Fall of Reach, though I have already played and enjoyed Reach, it is probably my least favorite Halo for some reason.

16. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Yeah, coz it's mostly terrible. But only slightly less terrible than 4.

17. Zeta1127

Sep 2, 2012
    Halo 4 is actually one of my most favorite alongside Halo 3 and Halo 3: ODST, though I am perhaps not the best judge of Halo since I only really play the campaigns.

18. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Halo 4 is my favourite campaign, followed by Reach. Whoops. :p

The original's campaign was a masterpiece of it's time, but in retrospect is actually quite repetitive. Three of the ten levels are backtracking through a previous level. I felt that Halo 4 lacked a little in variety too, but it made up for it with having the best story by far. Halo 3 and Reach were incredibly varied in their level design, and I love the opposing tones of both. 3 is very upbeat, epic, while Reach is very somber, desperate.

I have yet to have the pleasure of playing Halo 2, but it seems that will be happening this fall.

19. Zeta1127

Sep 2, 2012
    I don't hate Halo: Reach, I just find the DMR being the most viable weapon and the Assault Rifle being underpowered to be irritating, to the point Firefight and the replayability of the campaign are basically the only reason I still play it. Halo 4 is short and rather linear, but I love Dawn and Requiem and the weapons just feel right. If Halo 4 had kept Firefight and brought back the Plasma Launcher, Needle Rifle, and Sentinel Beam to round out the Covenant and Forerunner arsenals, it would probably be my most favorite Halo. Halo 3: ODST was my gateway to Halo and was probably the perfect storm for convincing me to give Halo 3 a second look, primarily due to the Firefly boys and Tricia Helfer. I actually briefly played Halo 3 the day after it was released, when someone brought it to school and several people including myself took turns playing Sierra 117 on a projector, but I didn't end up with a 360 and Halo 3: ODST until several years later.

Yeah, I just hope Halo 2 Anniversary ends up on the 360, otherwise I may not get to play it for a long time.

20. Six

Six Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 9, 2014
    I love Halo but Microsoft has scared me off for at least 1 generation. Halo Reach was my favourite Halo game(other than maybe 2) but there is nothing I hate more than Armor lock.
    The only way I can see myself playing this game is if its not exclusive to the One, which is improbable. Oh well.

21. Zeta1127

Sep 2, 2012
    I am not very thrilled by the Xbox One either, to the point I probably won't even worry about Halo 5: Guardians until I can get a job and the Xbox One party system is up to the standards of the 360, not that I really know that much about such things. I am simply not getting an Xbox One without the full experience of Live, and probably only after I have thoroughly experienced Live on the 360.

22. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    I guess if the rumors of this "Master Chief Collection" pan out, at least some of you guys might actually have to "priviledge" of playing a revamped Halo 2 on the Xbone.

As for H5 not being exclusive to Xbone, yeah, I find that highly (read totally) improbable. If there's something that Xbone still needs is an exclusive system selling app. Even though the Halo brand's relevance is somewhat diminished, this might still be that much needed app.

23. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Just dropping this here, because it's a pretty trailer, though the product itself leaves me a bit cold:

TX-20 likes this.
  24. TX-20

TX-20 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 21, 2013
    That is a lot of content for $60.

25. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Content we have played before, regardless if shiny new packaging. Oh sure, were basically getting Halo 2 Anniversary, but still, this is M$'s way of building anticipation for Halo 5 and urging the few die-hard players left to jump ship and embrace the new console by buying the series all. Over. Again.