main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph X-Men Movies & TV - Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by JoinTheSchwarz , Oct 6, 2010.

1. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I don't think they're gonna have Wolverine go bone-claws again for almost an entire whole flick in Apocalypse (I'm still stumped how he had it in the DoFP future! But, y'know, master of Magnetism) and since Apocalypse has, at some point A) turned Wolverine into a Horseman B) gave him adamantium claws I can see it happening. Only this will be for the first time! Again.

2. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Simon Kinberg stated that they're not using the alternate universe of "Age Of Apocalypse" and the dystopian future from "The Adventures Of Cyclops & Phoenix".

3. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Good, I like AoA but I don't think it would fit the movie-'vers

Darth-Lando likes this.
  4. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    More that they don't want to go through the hassle of explaining alternate universes and futures, after just doing a film about that.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  5. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Mystique may well still do it. After all, in at least half the versions of this impossibly clouded continuity that I can remember, Logan asked for the procedure. While he always wakes up confused/enraged, a big part of the trauma is the idea that someone was going to try to weaponize and then exploit him as an assassin for several years. Under more friendly circumstances, I'm not sure it would've been taken in quite the same way.

6. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999

Why would Mystique do that to Logan? Or rather, why would she subject a fellow mutant to such a horrific procedure? We know Raven can be harsh and willing to outright murder but only in defense of her kind. If you recall, she was running black ops in Vietnam liberating mutants being used by the Army. And she seemed to be horrified at what the members of Magneto's first Brotherhood went through under Trask's tender mercies. I don't know, considering the turn her character took at the end of the movie, it would seem extremely odd she would then turn and rescue Logan only to **** him over with such a procedure.

7. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Mystique has no reason to follow through on Stryker's plan since she was against experimentation on Mutants. See her reaction to the deaths of Banshee and the first Brotherhood. She has a reason for taking custody of Logan's prone body, but it is unclear what it is, but it is definitely not for experimentation. That would make her whole mission hypocritical.

Edit: Ninja'd.

Darth_Invidious likes this.
  8. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Inadvertent continuity snauf this movie inadvertently fixes: Walking Xavier from "Origins" and "The Last Stand" with him getting paralyzed in the '60s, however we also see '70s walking Xavier in "DoFP" with his walking / mental power dampening drug. It's a close-enough explanation! Good enough for me!

9. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    As I noted, Hank could adjust the serum so that he could walk and still have some of his power.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  10. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    If somebody already posted these, apologies. Amazon has got some awesome looking collector's items packaged with the blu-rays when they're released.

UK (Cerebro helmet)

[​IMG]

US (Magneto helmet)

[​IMG]

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  11. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    I'd only buy the one with the Magneto helmet if the damn thing is wearable and it's not something that only a cat could wear like the Master Chief helmet of the Halo 3 Legendary edition. :p

12. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    I'd walk around the neighborhood in that helmet, lifting my arm straight in front of me as cars approached.

13. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    I'd wear it and walk up to people and say. "Can you read my mind?" When they say no, I'd give the helmet a little double tap on the side, and give the person a calm yet triumphant look.

14. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001

At which point the cops arrive and tazer you to the ground.

Juliet316, BigAl6ft6 and heels1785 like this.
  15. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Better make sure those tasers are plastic.

16. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    If he controls magnetism, then those cops wouldn't have a chance to do anything. :p

17. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I would just find my enemies and beat them to death with the helmet while yelling CEEERRRREEEEEBRRRRROOOOO

The2ndQuest and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  18. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Still trying too hard, I Are. :p

19. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    [​IMG]

That's weird. Why are they still selling movies that don't count anymore?

20. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

Same reason they are still selling Star Trek films, Star Wars novels, etc.

Money!

darthcaedus1138 and Juliet316 like this.
  21. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    [​IMG]

darthcaedus1138, BigAl6ft6 and dp4m like this.
  22. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001

Because they lead into "Days Of Future Past" and are referenced in the film.

heels1785 likes this.
  23. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
  24. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    I just finished the comic story of Madelyne Pryor . I really think Madelyne Pryor is probably the most tragic character of X-Men comics. She was a very nice person in the beginning. If Scott had not abandoned her and she later found her life was just a lie, she would not have become the Goblin Queen. Scott was a HUGE jerk in this story, how could he abandon his wife and child simply because Jean was back?

25. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Men are pigs.