main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Star Wars: Battlefront (2015) & Battlefront 2 (2017) [Mod Approved]

Discussion in 'Community' started by IG_2000, Jun 10, 2013.

1. sharkymcshark

sharkymcshark Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 12, 2013

And on that day Satan will be skating to work.

2. Minez01

Minez01 Jedi Master star 1

Nov 12, 2005
    I'm with you on that. If they introduce a more complex storyline for single player mode then they run the risk of that mode being mediocre, and then they would have to start introducing personalities and all that stuff which would just drag. IMO they should stick with the journal type storytelling from the perspective of the soldiers and just throw you into the battles, like you said.

I'd also like to see them retain the galactic domination mode (or whatever that was called in Battlefront 1/2) though with a much smoother system than Battlefront 2 had (the whole space battle thing was pretty poor IMO). If they tweak some of the rules and gameplay then I'd love to see that return.

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  3. FRAGWAGON

FRAGWAGON Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Anyone here going to E3? And when is it...early June?

4. VictoryClassWoman

VictoryClassWoman Jedi Knight

Jun 4, 2006
    FRAGWAGON likes this.
  5. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I was kind of underwhelmed by the "trailer." I am nervous they are going to eliminate any Clone Wars content out of an incorrectly-perceived universal dislike of the PT. Also we have to wait another year to get any info on this game. So far it's been a teaser for the teaser, and now a teaser for a trailer or game info lol. I am nervous but we'll see what happens. At least from the looks of it 3rd-person gameplay will be prominent.

Sent from my R2 unit

6. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
  7. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    The original games had PT era stuff, yes? Why wouldn't the new one have PT stuff?

8. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
  9. Alixen

Alixen Jedi Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003

Ahem. :D

The Force is strong with this one.

thejeditraitor and FRAGWAGON like this.
  10. FRAGWAGON

Nov 3, 2012
    Kinda like the movie, I don't mind if they take their time to get it right.

Skywalker Thing likes this.
  11. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001

It's not incorrectly perceived; the prequels are largely disliked.

12. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    There's absolutely no chance they'd omit prequel maps, as otherwise they'd be rather limited planet-wise. In terms of their trailer focus, it makes sense to use John Williams' score, OT footage, drum up that nostalgia both for the films and for the original Battlefront experience. It'll get them more sales.

It's probably a good job for DICE that Episode VII was delayed to winter 2015 though, as it doesn't appear they'd have been able to meet the summer deadline, given what little they showed off.

13. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    EDIT: Double Post.

14. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001

THey may use planets, but the definitive Star Wars experience that people of that age group (see also: devs in the video) who "grew up on Star Wars" found the PT disturbingly **** and ruinous. If you want the definitive Star Wars experience, it's OT all the way.

See also: Fantasy Flight Games.

15. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    If there's Clone Wars content it's going to be deemphasized in the marketing because the broad consensus has spoken pretty clearly on the Prequels. Certainly when they're going to E3 with a whopping two probably not at all indicative of actual gameplay screenshots they're going to go with Hoth and Endor, and certainly the average gamer isn't going to mourn the omission. I'm more curious about whether or not it's going to incorporate any content from the upcoming sequels, and if that could explain why they're being so mum about it.

16. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Yeah, I'm in no way arguing that. The OT is clearly SW in the public consciousness.

But in terms of the game itself, the OT has more rural environments (apart from Cloud City) whereas the PT has city environments. Just in terms of having varied maps, you want those two trilogies. Plus there almost certainly will be Episode VII maps. Whether at launch or as DLC.

17. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    I'm glad they are finally depicting the Battle of Hoth. What took them so long?

18. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    We had a battle of Hoth already lol :p

Darkslayer likes this.
  19. FRAGWAGON

Nov 3, 2012
    It's looking good. That speeder bike takeoff was cool!

20. SWfan1020

SWfan1020 Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 15, 2013
    The official youtube page for this game says you can play as the Rebels or Empire. They don't mention the Clone Wars or prequel era battles.

21. IBYM

IBYM Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 17, 2014
    I was hoping to see more game play, but still excited nonetheless. Endor looked amazing.

22. Big_Benn_Klingon

Big_Benn_Klingon Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2013
    I suspect the 20-something PT-gen and teen TCW-gen are probably larger gaming demographics than the 40-something OT base. It's no secret that young ppl game more. Also the original 2 games were a direct part of many young ppl's experience during the time of the AOTC and ROTS. Star Wars combat is synonymous with the Clone Wars (period) for many people. If PT combat is left out I don't think they will be doing themselves any favours.

23. Lord_Anzeroth

Lord_Anzeroth Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2013
    Just saw the video. Dear god, am I excited for this game. After having put more than 200+ hours into the previous game, I am delirious that BF3 is actually being done.

Also, I really hope my PC can handle it.

24. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001

The average age of a game purchaser is 35, which is old enough to have caught ROTJ in theatres and remember little of it. Certainly old enough to grow up with them on VHS, and have bought kenner figures as they were in stores. Ask me how I know this.

25. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001

Get out.