main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Apropos of Nothing - ACKBAR IN CAPITALS - The Lit Forum Social Thread, v2.0.15

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Master_Keralys, Jan 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cynical_Ben

Cynical_Ben Force Ghost star 4

Aug 12, 2013
  2. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    I love the old Magic School bus, but in these days of imbecilic tweeting instagraming smart phone addicted morons, bringing back Magic School Bus and Reading Rainbow can only be good things. We need some good TV out there to counter the reality TV Kardashian crap.

3. Cynical_Ben

Aug 12, 2013
    But that's the problem. It won't be the same as the old show, they'll try to "update" it for today's kids, for those very same morons. It'll be all sounds bytes and wacky hijinks with a funny lizard and oh yeah here's some science to now look at the pretty colors.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  4. Trip

Trip Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    dang kids these days and their twitters and their kardashians

i just don't get what any of this has to do with the democratic party, is all. i mean i'm not defending either, tumblr's social justice culture has gotten ludicrously toxic this is true, and i would def not argue against democrats being the literal worst, but like i don't get what they have to do with each other at all

lol i know. like i'm known as being a cynical pessimistic person both online and irl but it always amuses me how negative pretty much everyone i've ever met is about humanity. like everyone (not just hear, i hear this everywhere) is always all "man humans are the worst just the absolute worst" like they're a grizzled old detective in a film noir and tbh i couldn't disagree more. i mean we got issues sure but it's not really our fault, we are pretty rad on the whole. humans man! they're what makes life worth living pretty much

CooperTFN likes this.
  5. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    I'd quote my avatar but I'm lazy.

6. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I don't get why they can't just come up with a clever new zany concept. Surely there must be new children's books authors on the shelves right now that they could launch a show from.

7. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Or use one so old that no one remembers it

8. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    What, like Howdy Dudy Time in DubStep?

9. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I at least don't remember that one

10. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Ohio stabbing

Details regarding the original Wisconsin case

Findswoman likes this.
  11. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Thanks so much, Trak. :)

And again I say: Agency! :p

12. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Celebrities are writing children's books these days.

13. Cynical_Ben

Aug 12, 2013
    Anyone who has the game Arkham Origins should pick up the Cold, Cold Heart DLC. It's great, has the same strong writing as the game itself, even though it's essentially retelling the story of Heart of Ice from B:TAS in the Arkhamverse. And the new eXtreme Environment suit (XE, because pool literacy is kewl) looks pretty boss.

[​IMG]

14. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    I've never even beat Arkham City, let alone Arkham Origins. I beat up Slade once though.

15. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    I was done after City.

16. Cynical_Ben

Aug 12, 2013
    Play Origins to the end. The last hour or so of the story is terrific. It's the one aspect of the game that's head-and-shoulders above Arkham City.

17. Rogue Five

Rogue Five Jedi Padawan star 2

Jun 11, 2014
    That suit is awesome. Reminds me of old man Wayne's armored batsuit from Batman Beyond. I gave up on Origins long ago though.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  18. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    I almost never beat sandbox games unless there's a co-op component so that my co-op partner is forcing me through the story. I lack any sort of ability to focus and become endlessly distracted.

Edit: Huh, Bayonetta 2 comes out in October on Wii U.

19. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I have only just barely played Asylum, despite having gotten Asylum for free and City for $5 :p

20. King of Alsakan

King of Alsakan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 25, 2007
    The Cold, Cold Heart was good, just finished it up. Origins was flawed but I still enjoyed playing it. The latest footage for Arkham Knight looked great, pretty much what I pictured Gotham to look like.

21. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    I liked Origins take on the mythology, especially the beginning of the Joker-Batman dynamic. (It also ties in nicely with the end of Arkham City).

Plus, the creepy early days of Gotham are a great read. And Alfred's Christmas Eve dinner conversation. Priceless.

darthscott3457 likes this.
  22. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    DOWN WITH CARTHAGE!!!

23. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    wait a minute

where's deus ex?

24. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
  25. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004

Yep, since Origins was a little disappointing I was really positively surprised by Cold, Cold Heart.

Btw. This also looks rather intresting.

Though of course I will not forgive DC until they make a Secret Six movie/game. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.