main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Your Story Ideas For Future Films/Spinoffs

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by markdeez, Jun 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. markdeez

markdeez Jedi Master star 3

Oct 27, 2005
    If anybody from Lucasfilm or Disney is reading this, you can feel free to hire me as a script consultant for any of the works I wish to see portrayed on screen.

1. A loose adaptation of "Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader" novel, which will spawn a sequel
    • Darth Vader is new to his suit, struggling with all of the mechanisms and the wear & tear suffered from the Mustafar battle
    • Vader has an inner-conflict, he knows that he was tricked by Sidious, but is powerless to do anything about it. He is now a slave to the Sith Master. He still thinks of Padme every day.
    • Sidious instructs Vader to hunt down remaining Jedi
    • Sidious, unbeknowst to Vader, employs the services of Darth Maul as an Inquisitor, to hunt down Jedi, as well.
    • Sidious is pitting Vader against Maul, to see who is the rightful heir to his Sith throne
    • A ragtag group of Jedi are being tracked by Vader
    • A separate ragtag group of Jedi are being tracked by Maul
    • All of this culminates somewhere in the far reaches of the galaxy, as the 2 group of Jedi have made contact with each other, and decided that they will meet.
    • This leads to an ultimate showdown. Everyone arrives on the planet for the final battle. The Jedi band together to face off against Maul, as Vader arrives. They cut through most of the Jedi like butter, until finally one of the Master Jedi is knocked unconscious. Vader & Maul then have a showdown, exchange of intense dialogue, and ultimately, a duel for Sith supremacy. They battle fiercely, until finally, it's a stalemate. Vader manages to use the force to make Maul's mechanical legs malfunction, while the unconscious Jedi wakes up, attacks Vader's chest apparatus, and renders him immobile. Maul flees, hobbling to his ship. The Jedi flees. Vader heads back to Sidious, extremely pissed off.
    • Sidious tells Vader that he wanted to see how powerful in the Dark Side he had become, and that he still had a lot to learn. Now he has another mission for Vader. The end.

2. A loose adaptation of "Old Wounds" comic, and a sequel to the first film
    • Obi-Wan Kenobi is in exile on Tatooine, protecting the young Skywalker from afar
    • Darth Sidious sends Darth Maul to the Outer Rim to continue his quest to find scavenger Jedi and kill them
    • Darth Maul tracks the Jedi from the previous film to Tatooine, where they have a duel in the desert, and Maul kills the Jedi from the first spinoff.
    • Obi-Wan hears rumors throughout the spaceports & cantinas about a lasersword duel out in the desert, and he begins to research who/what it may have been, as the Jedi who was killed came to Tatooine to seek out Obi-Wan.
    • Maul senses a lifeform overly strong in The Force, and decides to track this being down, in order to train him as a Dark Sider (Hint: It's young Luke Skywalker)
    • Obi-Wan feels a vergence in the Force, and senses that Young Luke might be in danger
    • This leads to the ultimate showdown between Obi-Wan & Maul, at the Lars homestead, with Owen & Beru in absolute shock as to what is happening in front of their eyes
    • We get a Sergio Leone spaghetti western/mexican standoff duel between Obi-Wan & Maul, which leads to Obi-Wan finally killing Maul
    • Maul never reports back to Sidious, and thus Sidious believes that Maul has gone rogue. Vader is assigned by Sidious to put together a team of Inquisitors and bounty hunters to track down the remaining Jedi, an elite squad.
    This could lead to an "Expendables" style Bounty Hunter film where Boba Fett, Bossk, IG-88, Cad Bane, and a few others all team up to do Imperial dirty work!

So what are the spin-off films that YOU want to see or have ideas for?

This is just me spitballing off the top of my head, so don't take it as gospel. There could be various inconsistencies, etc. that would be very easy to iron out.

2. jedinightwing

jedinightwing Jedi Master star 3

Aug 4, 2009
    Knights of the Old Republic/Mandalorian Wars
    Rogue Squadron
    a "Legends" movie for EU fans, set in that continuity.
    Something like the Dawn of the Jedi era (from the comics)
    Boba Fett done like an old Sergio Leone film
    An Underworld equivalent of Goodfellas

3. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
  4. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
  5. markdeez

Oct 27, 2005
    I would like to see a movie with Master Yoda elevating himself to the top of The Jedi Order, it doesn't have to delve too much into his backstory, it'd just be cool to see him again

Knights of The Old Republic is an absolute given!!

I'd also like to see a Darth Bane film

6. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    KOTOR comicsesque movie.
    Rogue Squadron/Or a Star fighter series in general
    Ancient Sith vs. the Jedi!
    A series following the Jedi from the ST.

7. markdeez

Oct 27, 2005
  8. DarthWilliams

DarthWilliams Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2008
    Take me way back in time and show me the Old Republic, plz k thx

9. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I want to see them all.

10. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    - Knights of the Old Republic

- NJOesque invasion story (animated might be nice here, whether old school or full CGI)

- Big screen Underworld in all its "Deadwood in space" glory. Maybe not even released specifically under a Star Wars banner if Disney thinks some stuff goes too far.

- Obi-Wan film set between the two trilogies. A more low key affair stressing atmosphere and theme (think 3PO wandering alone in the desert more so than Jabba's palace or the cantina).

- Far future Star Wars, set during a time where people speak of a myth about a Starkiller named Deak Anniken.

Chewbaccon likes this.
  11. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    If they make it, I will watch.

12. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Rogue Squadron
    Red Squadron
    Wraith Squadron

Written/directed by Joss Whedon, please & thank you.

13. Redimet

Redimet Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2014
    Knights of the Old Republic
    Darth Vader Movie
    Ob-Wan Movie
    Boba Fett Movie
    Darth Bane Movie

14. Summers1913

Summers1913 Jedi Knight star 3

May 12, 2014
    When it comes to Star Wars I think I'm pretty superficial. I want glow sticks. I've never been a very big fan of Han Solo or any of the other non-force users. The one exception is Boba Fett. That said give me:

1. Boba Fett - I've just always wanted to know more.

2. TOR (lots of glow sticks)

3. Darth Maul - I'm still disappointed he didn't make it out of ep1 so moar plz. (Also double glow stick)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jesse Booth likes this.
  15. yodasbum

yodasbum Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 4, 2004
    Quicker for me to list the spin offs I don't want to see-

Anakin, Padme, Luke or Liea spin off- I love each of the characters but think that the trilogies deal more than adequately with each of them.

Plagueis- while everyone else loves him I just can't get round him being a Muun. I thought that the Muun in AOTC looked stupid. Also I hate, really hate resurrections so hope that he is not brought back to life.

Windu- a character that I found boring (which is so ironic considering he's played by Sam who is never usually boring).

So ones I would really like to see-

Driods- live action version following C3PO and R2 on their adventures.

Wookies- a Chewbacca film sans Solo.

Darth Talon- there might be specific reasons why I want to see this one ;)

Bounty Hunters- Boba, Zuckas et al especially Bossk like a bad guy version of the Avengers.

Vader- a bad ass Vader triology.

Lando, Han and Boba stand alones that could feed into the Bounty Hunters film I suggested above.

Obi Wan would be awesome.

whostheBossk, Jesse Booth and Sarge like this.
  16. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    I don't really care as long as it's practically free of Jedi. I want to see soldiers and scoundrels!

17. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    This! Showcase the non-force users!

18. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    --Anakin and Obi-Wan between TPM and AOTC

--an adaptation of Shatterpoint, starring Samuel L. Jackson

--Rogue and Wraith Squadron movies

19. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
  20. vinsanity

vinsanity Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2013
    - Kenobi movie between ROTS and ANH
    - Han Solo pre ANH
    - Old Republic era trilogy
    - Spin off that take place between ROTJ and EPVII

21. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    • Obi-Wan between trilogies (and depending on the direction that they go with it, we could very well see/hear Qui-Gon as well)
    • Knights of the Old Republic (not specifically based on the games or comics or anything, just something set in that era)
    • Bounty Hunter spaghetti western
    • If the show never happens, an Underworld movie based on characters/events that would have been in the live action show
    • The old Seven Samurai idea a couple years back sounded extremely interesting (and could perhaps even be the KotOR or Obi-Wan movie), but I don't particularly care for Zack Snyder most of the time
    • An animated film. Not sure what I would want the content to be or where I would want it to be set in the timeline, but I would love an animated theatrically released film. I know that there is the 2008 The Clone Wars movie, but to me that is more of a television show tie-in than a proper film.

markdeez likes this.
  22. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    Maybe an adaption of Yoda: Dark Rendevous. Since Christopher Lee is getting pretty old (understatement), maybe cast Ralph Fiennes as Dooku. He's played a Dark Lord character pretty well. ;)

23. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Excellent spin off ideas. :p

24. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    That was after careful consideration of any & all possible spinoffs.

25. Ichthyocentaur

Ichthyocentaur Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 25, 2014
    Definitely KoTOR.

Although I'm pretty sure audiences are so jaded about plot twists now that they'd see the Big Reveal coming a mile away if it wasn't handled very, very carefully. Like, they'd probably have to actually lie to the audience in terms of showing That Character's face and making it different than That Other Character's in flashbacks.

Also something that really harnesses the untapped adventure potential of the Coruscant Underworld would be truly awesome. The last few episodes of the penultimate season of TCW touched on this (and were the best in the series, IMO), but I think a film could do better.

Imagine something like The Goonies, but in the depths of Coruscant.

Ambervikings91 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.