main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Apropos of Nothing - ACKBAR IN CAPITALS - The Lit Forum Social Thread, v2.0.15

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Master_Keralys, Jan 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005

Don't care about Halo 5 or the MCC... Destiny looks many times more awesome.

2. Rogue Five

Rogue Five Jedi Padawan star 2

Jun 11, 2014
    I just wish it was coming out for pc. Stupid console exclusives. : (

3. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    That looks awesome! .............................but why are they using paper books? I mean yes yes, I'm impressed by this futuristic society you've created, but why are you giving me books? I don't want these. I have limited weight in my inventory and they're smelly and old.

It's like datapads in Star Wars. Half the EU never got past the idea they're not for collecting like paper. It's like the GFFA didn't have wireless or something.

Anyway neato game. I'm getting sick of the dark FPSs.

Ulicus likes this.
  4. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Because a well made book can often stand a loot more then a electronic devise?

5. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    When 900 pages you reach, look as good you will not! [face_not_talking]

I'm not entirely sure that makes sense... but it made me laugh, so I stand by it.

Barriss_Coffee and Revanfan1 like this.
  6. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    My problem with Destiny has always been confusion, ever since I first saw it I have been confused and not drawn in like Halo or more recently Marathon. Nothing they have released since the reveal has done anything to address my confusion and lack of interest, and it doesn't help that I primary interest is single player.

7. King of Alsakan

King of Alsakan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 25, 2007
    Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  8. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    900 pages? Pah, lightweight!

Do like the look of that though, more interested in Destiny than I was.

9. Rogue Five

Jun 11, 2014
    Shazam before Justice League and WW? [face_thinking] That seems an odd pick as filler. And I had to look up Sandman, I wonder how well that will do. The whole list seems a bit fake. If that is there intended schedule, the fast paced releases and obscure character choices are interesting.
    I just want a Zatanna movie. [face_praying]

10. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Anyone heard about the DC TV series Gotham that is supposed to be on Fox?

It has my attention.

CooperTFN likes this.
  11. Rogue Five

Jun 11, 2014
    It had mine too, until I saw the image of 14 something Catwoman running around in a miniature catsuit. Not sure about that. And Gordon doesn't have a mustache... It's like his most defining feature...
    But I still might give it a shot.

12. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    o_O

13. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    If they had been a bit braver about doing a show about pre-Batman Gotham? Maybe. But since it's apparently "Dark Knight Jr" with every member of his Rogue's Gallery running amuck... not a big fan.

I bet they're just somehow trying to figure out a way to get Harley and Two-Face in there, somehow. "They went crazy when they were younger, reformed and became a psychiatrist and DA respectively before going insane again!"

Barriss_Coffee and Rogue Five like this.
  14. King of Alsakan

King of Alsakan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 25, 2007
    Yeah I would figure they would throw in a standalone Batman movie in there too. If they don't use the CW Arrow & Flash actors, I hope they let those shows build a universe of their own and they would be free to use or mention anyone. Though I doubt that would happen.

15. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Wonder Woman film! Yay! I can be eight years old again!

...because I did like to dress up as Wonder Woman when I was eight, when I wasn't dressing up as Princess Leia.

16. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003

Just for that I'm going to tell you what I think of the Old Republic: it sucks. I hope you feel as I do now.[face_not_talking]

Gorefiend and TrakNar like this.
  17. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    I want to see a crime noir-style Sandman Mystery Theater movie with Wesley Dodds, the Golden Age Sandman. That would be awesome.

18. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    I guess the Lego Movie being the first theatrical appearance of Wonder Woman ever shamed DC into doing a real WW movie.

Just hope it will not be like the fiasco of Wonder Woman: Pants to be Darkened!

19. Rogue Five

Jun 11, 2014
    [:D] Fair enough. I admit most of my DC knowledge comes from the movies and the DCAU. If its any consolation, Sandman looks pretty cool from what I read. Could be a good movie.

20. Cynical_Ben

Cynical_Ben Force Ghost star 4

Aug 12, 2013
    It looks very fake. But I wouldn't be upset if it were real, the more movies the better. Competition will keep Marvel from getting lazy.

It had mine for about ten minutes, until I realized that it was on Fox. Which means it's even more doomed than Rebels is for having Greg Weisman working on it. I give it a season, the only way it'll live is if the ratings are phenomenal, which probably won't happen since it'll be going up against Arrow, The Flash, Agents of Shield, and Agent Carter as well. And that's just comic property shows.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  21. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Didn't Sleepy Hollow get renewed?

It might not last more than one season. But I am looking forward to so many comic-book shows this fall.

22. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    I am still mad at Fox for canceling Almost Human.

23. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Prequels are all the rage these days.

I wonder who we have to thank for that.

24. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Steven Spielberg with his Young Sherlock Holmes.

25. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I read that as Young Sherlock Homies.

Very different vibe.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.