main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Episode VII Casting: It's Not Over Yet! Who they might be and who they might play

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by rezpen, May 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Martus

Darth_Martus Jedi Knight star 1

May 11, 2011
    I guess they feel this trilogy needs a Jar Jar too.

2. Luukeskywalker

Luukeskywalker Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    I didn't mean it literally.

3. Leias_Left_Bun

Leias_Left_Bun Jedi Master star 4

Feb 18, 2013
  4. Chewbaccon

Chewbaccon Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 9, 2014
    My only concern re: casting is that it is not TOO large of a cast in the sense that the main cast is diluted by too many different stories. That said, I doubt that will happen, as far as I know, neither Kasdan or Abrams are known for that (in films anyways, not counting "Lost").

I do like the increase in females being cast. I think current female fans being rewarded with better female characters is exciting but also the idea that more women in general may come to like SW is always a good thing, assuming the roles are proper and natural to the story, not just tacked on for the sake of marketing. SW is really a universal language/fandom that brings a lot of people together which is...simply....rad. : )

5. Claire1976

Claire1976 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 20, 2013
    Ok, I'm calling it, Simon is a red head.....he's playing Mara :D

6. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    No way. He's a red head on Tatooine, clearly he's a Kenobi. You can see the resemblance between him and both Alec and Ewan.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  7. Claire1976

Oct 20, 2013
    Lol, what by the same logic that says Gleeson is also a Kenobi ;) ;)

T-R- likes this.
  8. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    Exactly ;)

Trebor Sabreon and Claire1976 like this.
  9. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000

I LOVE THIS*! He's perfect for a small role in this film; I've greatly enjoyed his work in Shaun of the Dead, Doctor Who, Paul, and The World's End.

*assuming his role has any speaking lines, or doesn't get left on the cutting room floor. :p

vinsanity likes this.
  10. Redimet

Redimet Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2014
    I hear they are keeping an actress playing Mara Jade under raps like she has to leave the set all covered up not sure how legit the rumor is though.

11. Claire1976

Oct 20, 2013
    Source, please? A link?

T-R- likes this.
  12. Redimet

Mar 2, 2014
    http://www.starwars7news.com/2014/06/speculation-will-mara-jade-be-in-star.html

13. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    interseting. Can't wait to find out one way or another

14. DarthWilliams

DarthWilliams Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2008

LOL at this part:
    Riiiiiiiight, Disney is going to value the secret of the inclusion of an EU character that 99% of the population have never heard of so much that they'll make the actress cover herself going to and from the set but then totally just sit back and wait for it to leak on TMZ before saying anything about it.

I don't know if Mara will be in the movie or not, but if she is, I'd bet that Disney would/will officially announce the involvement of the actress just like they've done with the rest of the cast.

15. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I lub that wild little website.

mavjade likes this.
  16. Momotaros

Momotaros Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2013
    Got to laugh at all the stuff they make up each week. [face_laugh]

17. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    They have been giving me plenty to tweet about. None of it has been retweeting anything resembling "news".

Momotaros likes this.
  18. Momotaros

Momotaros Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2013
    Jedi News and them are like the national enquirer of Star Wars news. If your looking for insane rumors like a Star Wars bat boy. They are your group.

19. Visivious Drakarn

Visivious Drakarn Jedi Master star 3

Apr 20, 2013
    Luukeskywalker likes this.
  20. Redimet

Mar 2, 2014
    I wish it was true but lets be honest with are selves it probably isn't true.

21. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    The amount of BS in that "Oh Disney is going to go out of their way to keep a character that only 10% *at most* of the audience knows a secret!" article is blinding. [face_hypnotized]

Adi_Gallia_9 and Momotaros like this.
  22. stellarmagic01

stellarmagic01 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    I don't know if Mara Jade's penetration is only 10%... I mean most people in the Star Wars fandom have at least read the Thrawn Trilogy. Now it's probably around 10% for the total audience, that Episode VII is going for.

I don't think Mara Jade is going to be in Episode VII, but I do think her character will cast a shadow over the film. I expect they're going to go with her being dead already with Domhnall Gleeson playing Ben Skywalker or another child of Luke's. If the role is basically little more then a dead mother figure, then there's no reason for it not to be Jade.

As for Rebels... I could see her being a player in Rebels, but no one seems to be thinking of using her how I think would be the ideal means of using the character. Mara Jade is a bit younger then Luke, who is the same age as Ezra Bridger (who is 14 in the series). This would mean Mara would be 12-13 years old... So how would you include her? You make her an infiltrator on the crew.

Imagine that for a season of Rebels, it opens with them picking up a redheaded girl who is apparently on the run from Compnor. For the whole season, everyone only knows her by the name 'Red'. While we get glimpses that she's not what she seems, saving Ezra from drowning in a tank by slashing it open in an odd cut, avoiding fights with stormtroopers, and showing a slight command of the force. Then in the season finally, you have her trap the crew and hand them over to the Inquisitor. Only at that point do you drop her real name...

Well, that's how I'd handle it.

Abadacus likes this.
  23. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    Rebels is 5 years before IV, they could always introduce her when she's older, for example if the show lasts 5 seasons where each season is 1 year,they could have her show up at season 3 or 4 where she'll be 15-16. (better than a 12-13 year old)

24. stellarmagic01

stellarmagic01 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    Even if she's older, I think using her as a spy/infiltrator would be the best way... and it would be a way to lay the groundwork for her eventual turn if she ends up interacting with a group of rebels without fighting them at first. We know very little of how her training went, the time-frame for her training, or at what point Palpy would consider her ready for field work.

Still all of this is very early to be talking about. Rebels isn't out yet.

Abadacus likes this.
  25. thisguyisnotajedi

thisguyisnotajedi Jedi Knight star 3

May 16, 2014
    How weird that LR and StarWars7news both have Mara Jade articles in the past 24 hours.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.