main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Will Temuera Morrison/Clones/Boba Fett be involved?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Captain_Typho, Jun 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    What do you guys think the likelihood that Temuera Morrison will have a bit role in Episode 7 (or one of the spinoff films) as either a clone, or perhaps play or at least voice an older Boba Fett? Honestly, with the launch of the new EU, I'm pretty sure they will leave Boba Fett where he ended up on film (in the belly of the Sarlacc). But there were just so many clones of him created, surely there's one that may still be floating around somewhere. And if in fact one of the spin off films does end up being a Boba Fett film, do you think they may tap Morrison to play him again?

2. Grand_Moff_Jawa

Grand_Moff_Jawa Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 31, 2001
  3. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Even though I'd like to see it (Prequel fan service FTW), I don't think it would make sense this many years after the Clone Wars.

4. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    Oh most certainly, they'll be the exceedly old people in Princess Leia's reteirment home. Carrie Fisher mentions that place all the time...

5. loki41872

loki41872 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 13, 2002
    that would be highly unlikely.

6. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    only if it's fett but i think he may be dead. who knows.

it might be interesting if boba had a clone son made for himself.

7. Summers1913

Summers1913 Jedi Knight star 3

May 12, 2014
    Timeline-wise I don't think we should see any living clones if we didn't see them in the OT. If we do see a clone I hope that's the role Oscar is playing. I think he would make a good middle aged clone or an offspring of a clone/Boba.

Full disclosure I don't want everyone in this movie to be an offspring of an OT character. I can just see him playing that role.

Edit: by middle aged I mean between young Boba and Jango.

8. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I think the guy who bumped his head in ANH might have been one - report has it that Jango bumps his head in AoTC precisely as a nod to that scene.

9. Summers1913

Summers1913 Jedi Knight star 3

May 12, 2014
    I'll have to watch for that. I didn't know that theory existed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
  11. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013

Yup, Lucas mentioned that in the AotC commentary. Love that nod![face_laugh]

12. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Morrison would be the perfect age to play Boba now...

DurararaFTW and thejeditraitor like this.
  13. StrikerKOJ

StrikerKOJ Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 21, 2014
    Hope not.

14. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    I say I hope not solely because I'd like Boba to stay dead. I love Temuera, I love Jango and Boba, and I love how he redubbed Boba's lines in TESB

But there's just symbolism in Boba dying at the end of the first act of ROTJ. With him being the first clone, it just somehow foreshadows the imminent fall of the Empire

15. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    As much as I do enjoy the Clone Wars series and love what it has added to the saga... I have had it up to my eyeballs with clones. PLEASE no more clones.

thejeditraitor likes this.
  16. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Millions of clones were produced for the Clone War, and as such, it wouldn't surprise me to see some evidence of their influence spread across the GFFA, even all of these years later. Personally, I'm a fan of the clones, so I'd like to see it happen. Not in the form of another clone army, mind you (I've quite enough of that, thank you). I'd prefer to see a new fighting force with a more cosmopolitan make-up. But children and/or grandchildren of those PT and OT clonetroopers/stormtroopers? Oh, yes. I think the opportunity to make that kind of connection to the earlier Episodes is much too grand to pass up.

In fact, I think it's entirely possible (not probable, maybe, but possible) that Oscar Isaac's character will be a descendant of a PT-era clone. What if he were to hail from the lineage of TCW's Captain Rex? I'm not going to lie, something about the idea makes me think it would be terrific fun. Regardless of which clone though, I think it would be a cool move to link Isaac's character with the past like that.

As far as the OP question about the Fett's, specifically? I love 'em. Jango and Boba, both. Now, the Fett's have had a minor part to play in both trilogies so far, and, though I don't know how likely it may be, a part of me anticipates this tradition continuing in the ST. Jango and Boba both showed up in the second acts of their particular trilogies, so maybe we should look to catch a glimpse of that famous Mandalorian armor sometime during Episode 8? I'd welcome it.

But who would be the one donning that armor? One thing's for sure, I'd personally love to see some canonical evidence that Boba survived the Sarlacc, and I wouldn't be opposed to that coming in the form of a small, non-action oriented cameo for the guy in the ST (and yes, I'd have a old, battle-scarred Temuera Morrison fill the role). But if not, maybe any potential Fett presence in the new trilogy will come from Boba's son or daughter?

Or maybe we'll get a new bounty hunter (or some other character who represents the underground), altogether? It's certainly fun to speculate!

17. Jobertus

Jobertus Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    I wouldn't mind such an appearance at some point in the ST, however, I don't think it will happen. If TPTB are indeed making a Boba Fett stand alone film, I would be happy if Morrison played Boba in that film. I am one who celebrates continuity and Temuera Morrison reprising the role would be awesome in that regard.

Bullhead CIty likes this.
  18. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013
    VII is like 50 years after AOTC so Boba is 60. TM is actually about the right age (quite younger really) so it's possible.

Either way Boba has to have a Maori look if we see his face.

I don't think you have to be that tight on the face or voice of course but you have to have a type just like if your recasting Kirk or Spock.

19. KevinM1

KevinM1 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 15, 2012

This.

I really don't see the point. The clones themselves, since they were prematurely aged, are, what, 80-100 years old at this point, depending on how old Jango was? I'm sure there are clone descendants, but how would that be important or even interesting? I mean, there are plenty of people in the real world who have grandparents that fought in WWII, Korea, and/or Vietnam. But those facts don't tend to have much to do with who they are as a person generations removed from that environment.

I would love to see someone in Mandalorian armor, if only because it looks cool, but it doesn't need to be a Fett or a clone.

20. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Depends on if the rapid ageing continues after maturity is complete. Given that the oldest clones are supposed to be equivalent to about 20 at the start of the war, yet Cody at the end of the Clone Wars 3 years later, looks a lot older than 26, it may be that it not only continues, but speeds up.

DurararaFTW likes this.
  21. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    I would love to see him worked in somehow. His turn in Episode II was brief but pretty much dead on for my money. Great actor.

22. KevinM1

KevinM1 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 15, 2012

Which would make sense when you're cloning cannon fodder. Don't want the millions left over after the war to drain resources.

23. appleseed

appleseed Chosen One star 5

Dec 5, 2002
    I get the feeling the ST is anti-PT, so I'm thinking no clones and no traces of the PT of any sort.

Civil_Servant likes this.
  24. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    It's possible, but I'm not sure. Undecided.

25. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.