main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Carrie Fisher (Leia) in Episode VII (Sad News posted on Page 269)

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by newdawn12, Dec 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bluefox

Bluefox Jedi Knight

Nov 1, 2013
    The change in hair colour is quite strange, I presumed they'd be having her with as close to her original hair colour as possible.

2. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    I'd bet that Carrie is playing games with people, i think she's been filming for the past 10 days although i'm not saying she's spent the who 10 days in the studio. I wonder if the hair style is to make Luke and Leia seem more similar as sibling's, though its not uncommon for siblings to have different colour hair. And you have to remember Carrie is a few years younger than Mark and in most of the recent photos it does show, something JJ might not be happy with seeing as they're supposed to be the same age.

3. Claire1976

Claire1976 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 20, 2013
    We have Harrison in "ankle-gate" and Carrie in "blonde-gate".

So what's next?

VMeran and jaqen like this.
  4. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Luke in beard-gate?

5. hachijedi

hachijedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 22, 2012
    Well actually there's:

Ankle-Gate
    Blonde-Gate
    New Trio of Leads-Gate
    John and Daisy always posting photos on instagram-Gate
    Photo Leak-Gate
    Where's Lando-Gate
    There really using puppets again-Gate

I think that's everything going on right now on these boards, lol.

markdeez, Revanfan1, VMeran and 2 others like this.
  6. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    You forgot Who is Domhnall playing-gate.

markdeez, Revanfan1, VMeran and 2 others like this.
  7. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004

I'm very grateful to be oblivious to half of those "gates". I keep my thread activity very limited, and I'm not going into this thing spoiled so I haven't gone into the set photo thread.

Though in this thread alone we've had:

Leia Recast-Gate
    Voice-Gate
    Back on Drugs-Gate
    Teeth-Gate
    Hasn't worked Since Jedi-Gate
    Probably Can't Act Anymore-Gate
    Cameo-Gate
    Weight-Gate

Now Hair Color-Gate.

DARTH_BELO and VMeran like this.
  8. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    Hello everyone. Not up to date with this thread, but would just like to say that I truly believe Carrie will be fantastic playing Leia again. As will Mark and Harrison in their respective roles. I think their characters will be integral to the story but it won't be overkill and needless shoehorning. The best recipe for an engaging story and a good, solid script, is talented and committed people feeding of each other's ideas. I also believe Michael Arndt is busy writing Episode VIII btw (a random point I know, but one I felt I needed to make :)

VMeran, Adi_Gallia_9 and EHT like this.
  9. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    Candid photos of R2D2 and C3P0 will cause Droid-Gate

10. hachijedi

hachijedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 22, 2012
    Oh I forget Mark's:

Beard-Gate

but how is this a Gate? I thought everyone wanted him to have a beard but I was wrong. Some people will never let "Boy-ish teen idol heartthrob" Mark go, lol:

[​IMG]

jaqen likes this.
  11. Bluefox

Bluefox Jedi Knight

Nov 1, 2013
    Well I guess this is confirmation: Leia dyes in episode 7!

DARTH_BELO, Revanfan1, jaqen and 7 others like this.
  12. Jcuk

Mar 16, 2013
    My own personal thoughts on Leias role and overall significance in the ST.
    : Leia will be a mother (a given)
    : Her, Han and the kid/kids will not be playing happy families
    : She will be a far more emotionally complex character in the ST
    : Leia will NOT have delved into the force. But she will have retained a strong bond with Luke
    : Her arc will focus on her attempts to amend and reunite her family
    : I've probably got that all wrong :-( lol

markdeez and jaqen like this.
  13. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000

I like most of those, except #2 and #5. I kinda hope she has a better arc than that. Also, I"m not sure how I feel about her not delving into the Force. I am literally of two minds on that. I can't decide!

But yeah, no "fractured families" plots--unless, it somehow relates to the rumor that they did indeed have a Dark Sider son.

14. Jcuk

Mar 16, 2013
    Thanks for replying :). This is just a personal thing, but I cannot see what having Leia being strong in the force will contribute to THIS story? She was a major part of the OT, but I feel she won't be here. Sure she'll have a significant part to play, but talk of her brandishing a sabre is ridiculous. In my opinion..:)

Yanksfan likes this.
  15. Six

Six Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 9, 2014
    Don't forget Whittagate

16. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    An oldie but a goodie (not really) Lens flare-gate.

17. Yanksfan

Nov 3, 2000

Well, to be fair, she could be strong in the Force and be quite adept at using it without ever pulling out a light saber. And I definitely don't want her to be a Jedi. But Force-wise, I'm hoping she can at least hold her own. I mean, she *is* the "chosen one's" daughter, and Luke's sister. She should have something to show for it. :)

jaqen likes this.
  18. Claire1976

Claire1976 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 20, 2013
    I agree. I don't want Leia to be a Jedi, but I do want to see her using some kind of Force ability and doing something completely awesome.

jaqen likes this.
  19. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001
    Personally, I'd love to see her as a Jedi and wielding a lightsaber. As Yanksfan said, she is the Chosen One's daughter so she would have enormous potential. Not to mention she'll be the only other person Luke knows to train, at least at first. I don't want her to be a Jedi in the same way Luke is - I'd rather her main job still be in government, but I want her Force potential to be part of her character now. She was already so kickass and good in a fight - imagine giving her Force abilities?

But if she isn't trained at all, that's cool too. I'm trying really hard not to get my hopes completely wrapped up in any one specific thing for any of the characters. And I'm sure Leia will be awesome no matter what!

20. Jcuk

Mar 16, 2013
    I see your point. Luke is strong with the force (that's been established) but nowhere is it written that Leia too has to be? Sure she sensed the connection to Luke but maybe that's as far as her force sense goes. And the 'other' Yoda alluded to in ESB can't be her. Obi Wan was fully aware of Leia, so to Obi Wan, Yoda saying that equates to 'does a bear **** in the woods'

21. Yanksfan

Nov 3, 2000
    Well, it's written in the sense that Luke says she's strong in the Force in the script of ROTJ.

Leia: "You have a power I don't understand and could never have."

Luke: "You're wrong, Leia. You have that power too. In time you will learn to use it as I have. The Force is strong in my family. My father has it, I have it….my sister has it."

Yup. I think we have to take Luke's word on this. :)

Well, sure. It wasn't her as it was originally written, but as of ROTJ, "the other" definitely = Leia.

EDIT: Okay the fact that I went to YouTube to make sure I got those quotes right, means it's officially time to leave the house soon.

Pro Scoundrel and Arawn_Fenn like this.
  22. Jcuk

Mar 16, 2013
    Well in regards to continuity we all know that what's alluded to in 1 trilogy will not necessarily tie into another trilogy lol. In all seriousness though, I believe maybe the strength of Leias force feelings regarding her family will be alluded to. But as far as sabre fights go? Prepare to be disappointed in my opinion :)

23. Leias_Left_Bun

Leias_Left_Bun Jedi Master star 4

Feb 18, 2013
    For me, Leia's actual profession is less important than how she is weaved into the plot, in particular how proactive she gets to be.

Leia could be an awesome Jedi, but it won't mean anything to me if she spends the whole movie just following Luke -- going along with his decisions and his plans.

Leia could be awesome with a blaster, but it won't mean anything to me if she spends the whole movie just following Han -- going along with his decisions and his plans.

Leia could be a politician with an awesome-sounding title, but if we don't get to see her actually wielding power and making at least one important decision, it means nothing.

If Leia spends the whole movie reacting to the boys and the villains, rather than acting on her own initiative, then her profession is a fail no matter what she does. She can be sassy all she wants, but in the end that's not what really matters. Action defines character, so that's what I want to see.

24. Jcuk

Mar 16, 2013
    Leia was as old as Luke at the end of Jedi. In order for her to be an accomplished, believable Jedi, she would have had to have disappeared with Luke and dedicated the rest of her life to her training and forsaken her love for Han. That means no kids

25. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001

I mean, Luke was really only trained for what? 2 or 3 weeks? Shortest Jedi training ever! :p

By the way, was it ever canonically stated how long a time period that was in the middle of ESB? Usually people seem to assume a couple weeks to a month.

Not that canonically really means anything anymore!!

Jcuk and Leias_Left_Bun like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.