main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Domhnall Gleeson (General Hux) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Momotaros, Apr 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    if he sounded like Brad Pitt in Snatch it would be awesome.

TheBBP likes this.
  2. sean caruthers

sean caruthers Jedi Youngling

Jun 12, 2014
    hahaa yeah! sometimes I wish they let the actors do their native accents or something close to it just to give more flavor. Why should all or most of the inhabitants of one planet, society, or race share a dialect? Can't find that in real life anyway, let alone flippin alien space society. Would've been cool for Qui Gon to be Irish and Obi Wan to be Scottish right!?

(although obi wan continuity)

3. Luukeskywalker

Luukeskywalker Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    Latino Review just posted their Friday article and they ended up talking about the Mara Jade/Domhnall topic believe it or not. No confirmation of who Domhnall is playing, but he sounds pretty confident that the Skywalker line will be part of the story and he even openly said he hopes he is Luke's son.

He did seem to indicate that he likes the chances that Mara shows up in the movie or at least a red haired character who had a son with Luke based on Mara.

He even backed up what starwars7news claimed they have heard that an actress is playing her that hasn't been announced yet. He indicated he heard the same thing.

Things seem to be looking up, if you are hoping Gleeson is a Skywalker.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

wsk, Trebor Sabreon, Ryus and 2 others like this.
  4. Primetime_Jedi

Primetime_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 21, 2000
    What if he's just an apprentice to Luke? I know that's not as exciting as being Luke's son, but it could be all he is.

5. hachijedi

hachijedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 22, 2012
    I believe Mara Jade and the Solo Twins (One going to the Darkside) will survive and be apart of this plot but the names may be different. Dom in that one photo does look scarily like Mark:

[​IMG]

wsk, Dak Oolron, Ryus and 1 other person like this.
  6. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
  7. Momotaros

Momotaros Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2013
    Wouldn't 100 percent believe what LR says. They have a hit and miss record on VII. Not all thier rumors come out true.

8. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Zuckuss the Ruckuss Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2013

To be fair, I don't think either Gleeson or Ridley bear a strong resemblance to either Luke/Han/Leia. Nor do they have to. They just need a general look.

An actor who does have a striking resemblance to Mark Hammil would be a guy like Sebastian Stan. In fact, if they were to ever recast Luke Skywalker for a spin off; he would be my go to.

Satipo likes this.
  9. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    'Ya like Wookies?' (Ya like dags?..like Brad the pikey?..oh nevermind lol ;-)

wsk and T-R- like this.
  10. hachijedi

hachijedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 22, 2012
    Glesson only looks like mark in certain photos but Daisy definitely looks like Leia daughter and padme grand daughter.

11. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Jan 5, 2013

Other than she is a brunette; she doesn't look anything like Fisher. She vaguely looks like Portman I guess. I haven't seen any photo of Gleeson where he looks like Hammil other than he is fair skinned and light haired.

It also doesn't really matter either way. Neither of them has to look like their fictional parents.

wsk likes this.
  12. DarthAusteros

DarthAusteros Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 6, 2011
    I don't see all that much of a resemblance between Ridley and Fisher, but then again I didn't see any resemblance between Fisher and Portman.

But you're fooling yourself if you don't see a resemblance between Daisy and Natalie. If she really is playing Padme's granddaughter, that was a perfect casting.

As others have said, Dom looks like Mark in certain pictures. If he's playing Luke's son it'll fairly easy to make them look alike throughout the movie if they want to.

wsk and Dak Oolron like this.
  13. Summers1913

Summers1913 Jedi Knight star 3

May 12, 2014
    I don't see the importance in them looking alike. After all Anakin and Luke weren't close in any way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    I can see somewhat of a resemblance between Dom and Luke, but only with Luke as an older Luke, not the bright eyed innocent kid in ANH or even ESB.

But as I've said before, without making Dom the NUMBER ONE LEAD over all the rest, I don't see a point in having him be Luke's son. It would be neat if they could create an excellent backstory, which I am sure they could, but again he'd have to be the main lead UNLESS......

unless he's not introduced until the end of the movie or they can somehow make his identity a secret (maybe someone stole Luke's blood and did a fake immaculate conception like they supposedly did with Anakin).

15. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Jan 5, 2013

Depends. The Skywalker lead could be the "young obi-wan" of the story. May not be the central character but acts as a "big brother" to the other principles.

Dak Oolron likes this.
  16. Jcuk

Mar 16, 2013
    If indeed the supposed children of the OT characters turn out to be the primary focus of the ST? It will be Han and Leias offspring. I struggle to envisage Luke having a child. Maybe Gleeson is connected to Obi Wan in some way?. I personally think Ridley and Driver will be the Solo children.

17. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Jan 5, 2013
    Nah, if Gleeson is related to any established characters it is assuredly going to be Luke. I can also envision Luke having a child. But, I don't think Luke nor his offspring are what people are anticipating. I think they will end up being different than what is expected.

18. Summers1913

Summers1913 Jedi Knight star 3

May 12, 2014
    I hope not. After 30 years I hope Luke has the chance to be "at the top". Even if it's in a lesser role like Yoda or Windu. I wouldn't mind seeing more than one lead. In other words the other movies end with 1v1 battles. Even if they don't start that way. I wouldn't be opposed to two Jedi having to defeat a greater power together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wsk and Dak Oolron like this.
  19. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Jan 5, 2013

I'll put it to you this way. I don't necessarily think that Luke is a Jedi Master at the beginning of episode 7. Not saying thats how they will approach it. I'm saying its a narrative possibility.

20. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    I think it is likely that Gleeson is part of the lead trio. A lot of uk media tend to think it as well. What I´m not sure of is which role will he be playing. A few months ago I would have said if there was a Luke´s kid, he will be the lead. But right now Boyega and Ridley seem to be the leads. And they were the first in the cast reveal. This makes me thing if Gleeson is part of the trio, he will not be part of the adventure with the other two leads until later in the movie, and that his story will probably be more important in the other two films in the trilogy.

He could be the Obi-Wan of the ST, or rather we could see something like this: Boyega and Ridley meet during the start of the movie. One of them surely is Force sensitive (right now I am more inclined to think it is Ridley), and afterwards they meet Gleeson. Probably one of the lead trio is not a Force user, but is Ridley is a Solo and Gleeson is a Skywalker, then they will surely be Force users.

21. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Well Gleeson would MUCH more pass for a Skywalker (or even a Solo) than Driver for anyone's kid.

Make Gleeson a Skywalker and you take away a 2 male/1 female potential love triangle. I can't see Ridley with either Driver or Isaac.

but there is a potential for a 2 female/1 male love triangle which hasn't happened

T-R- likes this.
  22. soul8luos

soul8luos Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2013

Well, there was no love triangle in PT.

Dak Oolron and T-R- like this.
  23. Jcuk

Mar 16, 2013
    News has been extremely light on Gleeson, and that's putting it mildly. In my eyes, this points to the fact that he has a very major part to play in the film. The same with Driver. The more I think about it, it's becoming clear (to me anyway) that Ridley and Boyega are not going to be main characters in the film. I personally think Lupita, Driver and Gleeson will have very pivotal roles. Their stories will be form the spine of the ST. But hey, it's all conjecture :)

wsk likes this.
  24. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014

I agree with what you say about Ridley not fitting Isaac nor Driver. I can´t see her with Gleeson neither, but maybe it´s because I tend to think about them as cousins. As I have said on Boyega´s thread, I would love to see Ridley and Boyega together in the movie, with the female being the Force sensitive this time. You know, Boyega being a cocky pirate and with Ridley saving him at the end of the day.

ChildOfWinds likes this.
  25. DarthAusteros

DarthAusteros Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 6, 2011

See I see it the other way. All signs so far have pointed to Ridley and Boyega being 2 thirds of the trio. Multiple trade sites have said Boyega was the lead, his agency tweeted he was the lead, Boyega and Daisy were listed first and second in the press release, they are the only confirmed cast members to have been seen in Abu Dhabi, which tells us there's a portion of the movie that follows just them (even though more Tatooine scenes can/will be filmed).

If I had to bet I would say Gleeson was the third member of the trio though. Not necessarily the third lead though. I think that'll be Isaac.

I think Gleeson will end up being Luke's son, a fairly experienced Jedi and a mentor to Daisy. He'll stay back from whatever mission/struggle Daisy/John and Oscar are on to assist Luke or for whatever other reason they come up with, ala Obi-Wan in TPM. He'll have an extremely extremely important role in-universe, but not a lot of screen time until 8 & 9.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.