main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST How many times are you planning on seeing Episode VII??

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by hachijedi, May 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    Let`s just make it through the long and painful wait first. :)

2. DarthAusteros

DarthAusteros Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 6, 2011
    Will go to the midnight showing, then see it again sometime that Friday night. Will see it multiple more times depending on how good it is. Could honestly see myself seeing it at least 4 times though. Saw The Dark Knight 3 times, if this is good, I might make it 6 times.

3. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Will go to the midnight, noon, 3:30, 7, 10:30 viewings. 5x

Then watch it 2 or 3 times afterwards if I really like it.

Jedi Knight Fett and Lando Swarm like this.
  4. hachijedi

hachijedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 22, 2012
    So are you guys factoring in the Demand for those 2 weeks? We are talking the week before Christmas, then Christmas than New Years. This thing is going sell a lot of tickets from 12/18-12/31.

5. Anakin's Daddy

Anakin's Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Aug 13, 2002
    I'll go at least 3, maybe 4 times.

6. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    I plan on going twice the first day. After that, it will depend on how much I like it. Typically, I'm not the type to see movies in the theatre more than once, but I can't help myself when it's Star Wars. (I saw TPM 13 times in its initial theatrical run - of course, I was a college student with no job then. ha.)

dolphin likes this.
  7. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004
    I can't possibly ascertain this a year and a half in advance.

Having said that I rarely ever do repeat viewings of a film.

I saw each of the OT films in theaters once when the SE were released in 97, having not been born when the first Star Wars was released.

I saw each of the PT films once in theaters, and I believe I saw additional parts of each when I snuck in to catch snatches when viewing other films.

I'm not a big repeater in general. I actually haven't even watched a Star Wars film since I saw ROTS in theaters. I tend to enjoy owning the films I truly love, but rarely watch them.

The last film I saw, and paid for, twice was The Dark Knight.

I live in NYC. The only demand I have to worry about is getting tickets at the famous Ziegfeld opening weekend, where I saw AOTC and ROTS (the best audience experiences EVER at that theater). If there are any repeat viewings we have so many theaters here that getting a ticket isn't an issue at all.

8. Envoy of Solanus

Envoy of Solanus Jedi Knight

May 30, 2014
    I'm still conflicted as to whether or not I should see it. I originally wasn't going to, but after seeing that puppet in the trailer... I don't think I can resist... If it keeps the CGI down to a bare minimum, heck I may watch it twice on the same day!

vinsanity likes this.
  9. hachijedi

Feb 22, 2012

I agree, I don't want to jinx anyone with this thread. That's why I said "PLANNING". We all know life is not promised but hopefully we are all blessed to get to 12/18/15 which is 18 MONTHS AWAY:cool:[face_dancing] . I'll be 35 Years old God Willing at that point:

Episode IV (I was - 3 years old) Special Edition - 17 Years old
    Episode V (I was 3 Months old) Special Edition - 17 Years old
    Episode VI (I Was 3 Years old saw it on the Big Screen) Special Edition 17 Years old
    Episode I (I was 19 Years old)
    Episode II (I was 22 Years old)
    Episode III (I was 25 Years old
    Episode VII (I will be 35 Years old God Willing)

Envoy of Solanus likes this.
  10. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Probably just once...I don't really see movies more then once in the theaters.

11. Darth_Zidious

Darth_Zidious Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2001
    3.7 times, accounting for bathroom breaks.

12. hachijedi

Feb 22, 2012
    R.I.P FOX FANFARE. I honestly hope during opening night someone Plays the Fanfare on their phone during the Disney opening Logo, lol. My favorite Fox Fanfare was the one before "Alien 3" cause the music just so terrifying when it goes from the fanfare to that violin:

Bobatron and Envoy of Solanus like this.
  13. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Zuckuss the Ruckuss Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2013
    Once or twice. If its great maybe three. I don't do seeing a movie multiple times anymore. When I was younger, but not really anymore. I just don't consume stuff the same way as I age.

14. Redimet

Redimet Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2014
    If the movie sucks ill see it twice but if it is good i will be seeing it four times lol who else will be at the midnight showing?

15. hachijedi

Feb 22, 2012

Midnight Showings aren't as fun as they use to be. Way to many people and it gets chaotic. But I really want to see The Original Trilogy on the Big Screen before Episode VII. So I may buy a marathon ticket, Watch I, II and III on DVD leading up to Episode VII and watch IV, V, VI and VII back to back to back to back on the Big Screen. But It's Star Wars I won't be able to wait till the next day to see it. I have to see it Midnight.

16. Redimet

Mar 2, 2014
    did you go to the midnight showings of the prequels those were the craziest midnight showings i have ever been to haha.

17. hachijedi

Feb 22, 2012

I saw Episode II and III midnight and it was wild. I saw Episode I opening day on the Evening cause Midnight and all other shows were sold out weeks in advance. There was like 5 tickets left for a 7PM show that they added for the day cause of demand and me and my best friend were able to get tickets. I enjoyed watching all the prequels on the Big Screen. My last midnight showing was "The Dark Knight Rises" and after that film I kinda moved away from Midnight showings. Maybe I'm getting older but I saw "Edge of Tomorrow" at a 11:30 am show and the theater was basically empty and I felt like I was watching a movie at home, I actually enjoyed it. But for Star Wars I want a crowd so you can feel the movie even more with everyone's reaction.

18. Redimet

Mar 2, 2014
    I'm telling you episode 7 midnight showing is going to be something special i can't wait haha.

TKT likes this.
  19. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Twice, maybe three times.

20. Kraven Head

Kraven Head Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 5, 2012
    Twice.... first alone then with friends.

Then I'll wait for the "for a limited time only" Blu Ray followed by the remastered Blu Ray in THX, then the Special Edition Blu Ray and finish with the ST box set all before I buy the 9 disc "collector's edition" Saga boxset.

21. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    How many times I see it depends on how intrigued I get, how much I want to join in Star Wars discussion online, and just how addictive the sights and sounds are. There was one time that I went to see AOTC for maybe the third or fourth time and then turned around and went back to the theater to see it again with the music in my head. With TPM, I kept noticing things or checking things mentioned on messageboards and was just excited to see Star Wars again. I wanted to feel the thrill of seeing the opening title and crawl again and again. There was also a rumor that TPM wasn't going to be released for home video until the trilogy was finished, so I kept going. I'm not excited about going to a midnight premiere anymore, and going through all the wait and planning to get there and get the perfect seat. I'll be going by myself, just as I did the others (I don't waste time with people especially for something like this that I want to do; people go to the movies their whole lives and forever show up late--blast that) and that was tough. I would like to know how a crowd of Star Wars fans reacts since there can be a complete difference between a midnight premiere showing and one later, even one that starts at 12:30 AM, but at this point I almost feel like there will be fewer major fans than casual fans than there were ten years ago. I also have to admit the whole Aurora thing comes to mind too.

22. Ditolus

Ditolus Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jan 22, 2005
    wow thats my number. i saw it 13 times as well.

my kind of scum likes this.
  23. Thomas Solo

Thomas Solo Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 28, 2012
    I'll probably go to see it two or three times in the theater. Just because it's the first of the sequels it will hold a special place for me, I'm sure.

To me, the theater experience has been totally ruined by home theater. It always feels like people talk more during films and feel the need to make funny comments that make me want to just not go. But in this case.....I WILL! (3 times at least)

boom

24. Ditolus

Ditolus Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jan 22, 2005
    i think the real question is how many times will u be watching the teaser trailer?

25. MOC Vober Dand

MOC Vober Dand Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 6, 2004
    I'll probably watch it a couple of times straight away, then have a cooling off period and watch it again. At that point, if I really like it, I could notch up a couple more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.