main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Episode VII Casting: It's Not Over Yet! Who they might be and who they might play

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by rezpen, May 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001

The LR one is just a reaction piece to the StarWars7 article. They are both pure speculation at this point. It's been a slow news week.

Dewback and Claire1976 like this.
  2. thisguyisnotajedi

thisguyisnotajedi Jedi Knight star 3

May 16, 2014
    True. The LR writer was also being coy about more female cast members on when I asked members on twitter

3. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    Not exactly. He said he heard some of the same things that SW7 reported.

4. Adi_Gallia_9

Apr 16, 2001
    I don't know. Both those articles came off to me as wishful thinking on the part of Mara Jade fans. Maybe she will be in it, and I honestly would prefer that Luke does have a family of his own, Mara Jade or not. But I didn't see anything concrete in those articles right now - just rumors from nebulous sources and "gut feelings." If they were more mainstream sites like Variety or the Hollywood Reporter, I might be more inclined to believe it. And StarWars7 even labelled their article as "speculation," not even a rumor.

And again, Mara could be in it for all I know. But I didn't find those articles particularly convincing. I'm skeptical of rumors like this and Adam Driver being Jacen. I need some real proof before I consider it, especially after the EU announcement.

5. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Hey, Mara Jade has a 2013 Black Figure out from Hasbro. I think that's kind of weird.

6. Adi_Gallia_9

Apr 16, 2001

That Mara figure has been in the works since early 2012, before the Disney deal even happened. I mean, they're still publishing a paperback copy of Crucible, but that doesn't mean its canon. I get that there are some fans that really want Mara to be in the movie but there has been no proof beyond idle speculation at this point.

Momotaros likes this.
  7. stellarmagic01

stellarmagic01 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    Could they do it? Could they keep a major cast member off the cast list until release?

I suppose it would be possible... (Easier to hide it until the trailer, much harder to aim for release) But I don't think it's likely. This would also be easier if the role was minor, supporting, or just needed for a flashback or two (all of which is possible). Still, something like that would be up JJ 'Mystery Box' Abrams's alley. There are plenty of actresses which could have plausible reasons to be in London that fit the basic profile (woman in her 60s, preferably in good shape with red hair). But, considering TMZ has already managed to leak quite a few pictures... any secret like that would eventually come out, I think.

It's possible that's why we're getting these rumors and rumblings now, but I don't particularly think it very likely.

8. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Until I see pictures of said-mystery cast member (and not some obviously photoshopped or fan-made one like that Sith witch one) or at least two major sources (Variety, Hollywood reporter or even Lucasfilm themselves) report that Mara Jade is in this movie then I dont believe it.

JediGirl_Angelina and Momotaros like this.
  9. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012

If she is a minor role yes... major then no way they hide it. I am sure the stakeout Pinewood and markdown every actor who goes through the gate.

10. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    Well, let's be fair. We don't have anything concrete regarding any new character.

They did put the kabosh on other EU figures that were in the works since 2012, why not that one as well? Just sayin'

Abadacus likes this.
  11. Dewback

Dewback Force Ghost star 4

Jul 18, 1998
    wasn't it recalled or something? I thought those weren't shipping anymore.

12. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    At this stage, one thing is definitely for certain. They have been in total control of the info we are getting. This time next year everyone will still be speculating over the plot and who exactly is playing who? Sure we may have a trailer to mull over but ultimately it will give nothing away. And I like it that way :)

T-R- likes this.
  13. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Yeah, we are actually getting plenty... and, yet, practically nothing at the same time. It's a brilliant balance.

14. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    Hasbro is allowed to rerelease EU figures they've already made, hence Bastila Shan coming back out - doesn't mean Mara is going to be in the movie just because her figure -which was only released due to winning a fan's choice poll - was on pegs. The assortment that contains her is no longer shipping and she will not be carried forward into at least the next two waves. And no, Hasbro did not cancel any other EU figures. They were producing very few as is and just stopped moving new ones into production when it became obvious Disney would move away from the EU (aka when Disney bought Lucasfilm).

Long story short, the Mara Jade action figure cannot be used as proof for either side of the argument. She simply won a poll and went into production before Hasbro stopped dipping in to the EU pool.

15. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    I don't follow the SW toy industry that closely, I just happened to be at my local Target store this afternoon and I took a look at the SW merchandise and happened to see the Mara Jade figure in the Black Series. First time I've seen it in the stores. Just kind of strikes me as weird since there never seems to be a lot of variety in the SW toy department in the last year. I'm not for or against and I never read the Thrawn Trilogy.

T-R- likes this.
  16. Momotaros

Momotaros Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2013
    Mara Jade rumor is one of those rumors that will never died. No matter how many times it gets squashed. Some will bring it back to life. Shoot, we could get a trailer for episode VII in 6 months and people will still claim she could be in the movie just hidden or that she be in Episode VIII or IX. [face_laugh]

17. Young Yoda

Young Yoda Jedi Knight star 1

May 4, 2014
    http://www.express.co.uk/news/showb...-J-J-Abrams-cried-on-the-set-of-Downton-Abbey

18. Young Yoda

Young Yoda Jedi Knight star 1

May 4, 2014
    Mara Jade ? [face_laugh] (sorry, I can't edit my post ; a window opens, but my post isn't there).

19. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014

I´ve always had the same issue here.

20. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    When was it ever squashed? There are no reports saying that Luke isn't married, yet we have a few reports saying he is married to a character either based on Mara or Mara.

Please point me to the squashing reports, or are they in the same report that claims that Boyega is the central character? You know, the report that doesn't exist [face_rofl]

Also, not every character shows up in a trailer.

Abadacus likes this.
  21. DarthWilliams

DarthWilliams Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2008
    If anything, I think Hasbro releasing (and not recalling) a Mara figure is stronger evidence that she won't be in the film. I'd think Disney/LFL would want most fans' first exposure to her to be the official canonized version of the film and that they wouldn't want another version on the shelves that would end up seeming really odd in a year.

Adi_Gallia_9 and Momotaros like this.
  22. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Come on Hasbro release a Darth Plagueis, Jacen and Jaina Solo, Ben Skywalker and Asajj Ventress figures [face_laugh]

23. JediGirl_Angelina

JediGirl_Angelina Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 12, 2003
    Crying here! =D=

24. thisguyisnotajedi

thisguyisnotajedi Jedi Knight star 3

May 16, 2014
    What are the chances that Hasbro leaks character names and descriptions before we ever find out?

25. Rickern

Rickern Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    Today I discovered this on IMDB. It says that Simon Fisher-Becker will appear as Master of Kroll (rumored).

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2488496/fullcredits?ref_=tt_cl_sm#cast

This is first news for me. I've searched the forum but apparently nobody have discussed it yet.

Does anybody know anything about him being on Ep VII or what the heck is a Master of Kroll?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.