main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Lupita Nyong'o (Maz Kanata) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darkslayer, Jun 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    [face_thinking] ...And now supposedly a rumor (saw on the Yahoo main page-of all places) that the main villain is a female.....

??? [face_thinking] Goes against other previous villain rumors. But if the previously remaining female role they were looking to fill was to be a "major" one as they said...

[face_thinking] ... Lots of [face_thinking]

2. Palpatine2016

Palpatine2016 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    What if Obi-Wan plays Ewan McGregor's offspring???]-}

3. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    We Kenobis all look alike.;)

Revanfan1 and Palpatine2016 like this.
  4. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    I still say she's the daughter of Ventress and Obi Wan.

I'd say they knew about the plans for this character as far back as the Maul arc from TCW.

5. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    Maybe the female villain is Palpatine's Sith Witch wife or daughter [face_thinking]

Dra--- likes this.
  6. Bobby Roberts

Bobby Roberts Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 24, 2014
    We talked about this on the most recent Full of Sith, but my thinking was if we're going to play around with the speculation a bit: why automatically default to Lupita possibly being a darkside user? Especially since she's been tied to the series as a potential Kenobi since we first heard her name?

But Gwendoline Christie as Adam Driver's muscle? THAT would be fun as hell to watch.

I think Lupita's going to be a good guy, if not the third of the main trio in the sequel trilogy.

TK327 and Satipo like this.
  7. Frank_TJ_Mackey

Frank_TJ_Mackey Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 6, 2000
    I also think that John, Lupita and Daisy are the young trio of leads of the ST.

Isaac might be a Solo and Gleeson a Skywalker, but I don't think they will be the "leads" of the ST.

8. Momotaros

Momotaros Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2013
  9. Redimet

Redimet Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2014
    wasn't driver in the marines though? I think he is going to be the muscle I could be wrong though.

10. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000
    As a 6'1" female, I'm not sure if I should take offense to this or not. Why do we tall girls always have to be evil or aliens? Tall girls play nice, too. :( ;)

Immortiss likes this.
  11. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
    True, but Gwendoline is 190cm, and despite her acting skills, I'm pretty sure her height signifies something...;)

I've got Luipita pegged as a goodie too, based on nothing but a hunch. Gwendoline could be either/or methinks.:p

12. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    For all we know, they could be planning to use trick (Hobbit) camera angles and she will be the shortest person in the film.

13. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    Yeah, I think Christie is going to be a bad ass, imposing Imperial/ Sith of some kind or another.

Immortiss, Artoo-Dion and Dra--- like this.
  14. Lord Tuvitor

Lord Tuvitor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 27, 2003
    TCW retconned Asajj Ventress as Dathomiri, when originally she was Rattataki. This might play a role.

Scenario: Perhaps Ventress (Lupito) and Talzin (Christie) have conspired, Rule of Two style, to attain the secrets of the Sith.

15. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012

100% more plausible than main EU characters showing up in the film.

Palpatine2016 likes this.
  16. DARTH MUPPET

DARTH MUPPET Jedi Grand Master star 3

Apr 16, 2001
    Some will no doubt disagree, but I've got a feeling that Lupita will be playing a small but very important role as John Boyega's character's older sister. Perhaps she is killed or captured and her death/capture is the event that sets his story arc in motion.

Darth Archimage likes this.
  17. TtheForceHurts

TtheForceHurts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2010
    Well, Ventress and Talzin are in the spotlight on the official site today. There are even the concept artworks from EPII where the character was originally conceived. Maybe this is a hint...

18. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    What if Lupita is playing some kind of Sith/ Villain, and misinformed conjecture along the line is what's led to the Ventress rumour?

Immortiss and Artoo-Dion like this.
  19. Summers1913

Summers1913 Jedi Knight star 3

May 12, 2014
  20. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    While this sounds interesting (an extension of the Inquisitor character), ANOTHER cast member! They pretty much lost me with the mention of David Oyelowo. I've heard he's great, but the cast is already overfull and I highly doubt there's another somewhat high profile person. What does that make-14 main cast members?

21. TtheForceHurts

TtheForceHurts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2010
    No, it does rather sound like she is a dark side user:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Jobertus and Artoo-Dion like this.
  22. Summers1913

May 12, 2014
    I thought about that as well. And wondered would a dark side Jedi have the yellow eyes? Interesting either way. I hope she is a villain though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jobertus likes this.
  23. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001
    I love these rumors of her playing a Dark Side villain. She's so beautiful and would be so striking in a black/chrome costume with a red lightsaber and yellow eyes.

24. Ubraniff Zalkaz

Ubraniff Zalkaz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2014

Sexy and dangerous never goes out of style.

25. Summers1913

May 12, 2014
    For some reason imagining her in black and chrome armor reminds me of Faora in Man of Steel. Which would be a good thing IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Luukeskywalker likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.