main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Who's The Baddie?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by fishtailsam, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. D'an

D'an Jedi Master star 4

Apr 21, 2014
    I've actually been having very similar thoughts to this lately:

Max: What do you know of Jedi Prophecy, Master Skywalker?
    Luke: Very little; my master mentioned one concerning my father many years ago.
    Max: Ah, yes- the "Chosen One" prophecy.
    Luke: You knew my father?
    Max: Look at me- I've known many souls. I knew the Emperor and members of the Jedi Council. And if they were here today, I'd tell them they were wrong. The Chosen One wasn't your father. He unbalanced the Force. The Chosen One exists in this era... And the dark side is with them.
    Luke: ...I know. I've felt it.
    Max: And now you know who I am.
    Luke: Yes; the one who has lived for a thousand years... An ancient fear that haunts my dreams...
    Max: You have nothing to fear, Master Skywalker. I assure you any affiliations I've had with the dark side in the past were purely in the pursuit of knowledge.
    Luke: Which I'm sure is extensive, yet- I sense something eludes you.
    Max: It is not my destiny to discover the identity of the Chosen One.
    Luke: ...No... It's mine... [draws lightsaber] I will not help you.
    Max (grinning): I know... You don't have to.

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR and dyous87 like this.
  2. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    There's something very interesting about Mother Talzin. She is shown to be very powerful, capable of "magicks" that rival the Force powers of the greatest living Jedi and Sith, and in the first issue of Son of Dathomir, Sidious mentions that it would be a futile endeavor trying to send the Separatist armies back to Dathomir to snuff her out, suggesting that her power is something that would give even Sidious pause. Perhaps once the series is complete, we'll have a better idea of what Talzin's main goal is, but from what little we know, she wanted to gain power that would make her greater than any Jedi or Sith (The Disappeared, Part II) and she was willing to use pawns (Ventress, Savage Opress, and presumably Maul) to destroy her most hated enemies, the Sith. But there an ulterior motive to all this that wasn't shown or even hinted at onscreen? Like, could she be doing all of this in service to another Dark Lord, thought be his erstwhile apprentice to be long dead, in order to pave the way for his return?

Think about it. While Talzin clearly wants power for herself, collecting the Living Force from numerous victims (like the Bardottans), could she intend to use it to supply her real Master power to return to life? Doing so would require far more Force-energy than merely restoring Maul to health, both physical and psychological. Could her machinations against the Sith be an attempt to weaken or outright destroy them to allow this Dark Lord to make a triumphant return unopposed? Yes, I'm speculating that had her plot succeeded, both Sidious and Tyranus would be eliminated, and Maul, whose survival may have something to do with the ability to cheat death, learned by his Master's Master, and Darth Plagueis would ascend to the sole title of Dark Lord of the Sith, and ruled the galaxy following the conclusion of the Clone Wars, presumably behind a new proxy.

It's interesting to think that the Nightsister shaman, as powerful as she is, could be a mere pawn in a greater game, but if the ST is to introduce Nightsisters as a major villainous faction, I would be all for this.

If we conjecture that the dark side can only be controlled to a great extent by those who profess to be True Sith, i.e. the Bane line, then I think you make an excellent point. The dark side, which like the greater Force, seems to have a will of its own and would thus recognize only those truly capable of bending it to their whims to be "true" Sith. Once Palpatine "killed" Plagueis, the dark side swelled within him in power, and recognized Sidious as the true Dark Lord of the Sith, and any subsequent apprentices (Tyranus and Vader) would also be recognized as such. If this is indeed the case, then having lost the power of being recognized as a true member of the Banite line, Plagueis is no longer "recognized" by the Force as a Sith Lord, and ironically, in so doing, he thwarts the prophecy. However, should he achieve the power he'd lost once again, he could then retake the mantle unopposed and threaten the balance of the Force once more.

3. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    He's a fry cook...on Coruscant

D'an likes this.
  4. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Perhaps the "ancient fear" is not an individual or anyone at all. Perhaps the ancient fear is the fear of an event or a rising or another prophecy that hasn't been spoken of but rather hidden.

perhaps the ancient fear is analogous to Revelations in the Bible-a bunch of events that will take place centering around the Force that, when attempted to be prevented, are actually caused.(okay that last part is not from the Bible but could make for an interesting twist)

And maybe (this is a crazy stretch) it will take those on both the light and dark side of the Force to come together in order to overcome this fear and bring the Force together in harmony leading to TRUE balance

5. dyous87

dyous87 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 5, 2006
    YES YES YES YES This is great I love it!

6. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Would be a clever way of said Sith getting around the prophecy (not saying the prophecy is a bogus concept, this would be more of an in-universe type reason) - if you aren't a Sith, you wouldn't have to be killed, and I bet there would be some Sith who would not agree with the path the Sith were going on completely. Plagueis (or whoever) would know the Sith need to change, and he would be the vehicle for it - he just waits and watches them get destroyed.

D'an likes this.
  7. mratm23

mratm23 Jedi Knight star 3

May 13, 2014
    That was the point of Grevious, sort of. To show you can't clone a Jedi or Sith and to foreshadow Vader being half-man/machine.

8. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    The four horsemen concept imagined.

Max Von Sydow as Darth Plagueis

And his three Force spawned disciples...

Domhnall Gleeson as Darth Sult
    Adam Driver as Darth Krieg
    Lupita Nyong'o as Darth Sirena

9. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
  10. Corvax855

Corvax855 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 23, 2011
    Right now, of all the cast, I think Gwendoline Christie is the most likely to be THE baddie, based on her height alone. If Daisy Ridley's character is the protagonist, then it makes sense to follow the classic mythological/fairy tale pattern and have the antagonist be female as well. If this is the case, then a duel between the two characters is a given, and they'd want someone to tower over Daisy like we saw with Vader vs Luke, and Dooku vs Anakin. They'd want a tall, intimidating villain kind of like the White Witch from Narnia.

As for Lupita Nyongo, I'm beginning to think she's some kind of mysterious prophet-like character that helps the heroes, kind of like Obi Wan in ANH. Perhaps some kind of shaman or mystic who posesses secret knowledge on a mysterious planet. To me, her face looks to kindly and wholesome to be a villain, but I can see her pulling of a mystical seer with ease.

Immortiss likes this.
  11. Primetime_Jedi

Primetime_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 21, 2000
    I haven't seen this mentioned regarding the Empire ('course I haven't read all 617 pages....), but I think the stormtroopers were more like sheep than dedicated Imperial loyalists (especially IF they were clones). As soon as the Emperor/Vader/Death Star collapse happened, I could see them saying, "The boss is dead? Sweet! I heard the Republic pays better anyway." And en masse millions of them convert to serving whoever is in now in power. Remember in ROTS, they went from serving the Jedi to massacreing them in about 2 seconds, just because Palpatine wanted it.

12. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    I could see some becoming bounty hunters. They have the training and it wouldn't surprise me if many creatures across the galaxy hated them enough to never want to hire them for regular jobs. Plus they'd likely never pull a Greedo on the person that contracted them.

13. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    If we're judging a person's role by their height, Peter Mayhew is the biggest baddie of them all.

14. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Something to consider about baddies and the state of war in Star Wars:

In the 1900's conflicts over nationalism and colonization as well as political disputes lead to WWI. This parallels the taxation and political disputes that lead to the Trade Federation war and the Clone Wars that stemmed from separtists. Nobody in that time realized how all of this would lead, 20 years later, to a war centered mostly around one horrific dictator wanting to take over the world and kill millions in a horrible genocide (yeah we ended up having a few of these but history centers mostly around Hitler). Again, this parallels WWII coming from WWI.

So, as I have stated many many times, we can make new parallels to what happened after WWII. You either have communism, centered around the Soviet Union or you have the splitting up of the Middle East and the religious/philosophical blood shed. I'd say that the best way to handle that in a ST is to combine them. It's very easy to do so.

Factions that had been somewhat controlled and "united" (or at least kept contained) during the Rebellion no longer have the Empire/Emperor standing over them. You could actually see the rise of new separtists, upset over the idea that the Rebellion and Alliance (representing the Western World) feels entitled to having supremacy over the galaxy, even if it is for apparent peace and unity. So, you essentially have new separtist groups arise-mostly pirate and bounty hunter organizations.

dyous87 and Iron_lord like this.
  15. JediKnightWax

JediKnightWax Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    Now that Luke is a full blown Jedi, will he be slicing up human troops left and right, or will the new enemy have droid armies? We only had a taste of this on Jabba's sail barge.

dyous87 and Iron_lord like this.
  16. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    If the Empire isn't involved (which I doubt they won't be), then I wonder what the villain will use as an army this time around. A legion of alien warriors, perhaps? Whatever it is, I just hope it's something cool and different.

Darkslayer likes this.
  17. Redimet

Redimet Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2014
    Darth Plagueis
    Ventress
    and a new sith apprentice

dyous87 likes this.
  18. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I've always found it interesting that TPM reveals Sidious to be the villain in the very beginning of the movie. The result is a stromg impression that Sidious is the villain of the saga. Might this mean something for the ST?

dyous87 likes this.
  19. dyous87

Oct 5, 2006
    This is a very interesting point and while I have been rooting for Plageuis this made me come up eighth idea of a Darth Sidious force ghost that I mentioned several pages back:

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using Tapatalk

darklordoftech likes this.
  20. dyous87

Oct 5, 2006
    This is the post I was referring to right above.

darklordoftech likes this.
  21. JediKnightWax

May 21, 2014
    The only way to keep Sidious as the main villain as much as possible is for his master, Darth Plageuis, to be the main villain. Sidious claimed Plageuis could keep people from dying by not himself, but what if he was wrong?

22. dyous87

Oct 5, 2006
    What if we get both Plageuis and Sidious? That would we an interesting twist?

Darkslayer and darklordoftech like this.
  23. JediKnightWax

May 21, 2014
    Sidious already came back as a clone once. I'd like them to try something different.

mikeximus and dyous87 like this.
  24. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    Maybe Plagueis will come back as a woman?

;)

dyous87 and darklordoftech like this.
  25. dyous87

Oct 5, 2006
    It's possible who knows ;)

Dra--- likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.