main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST John Boyega (Finn) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Momotaros, Apr 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Maybe he'll be the father who dies in the first couple minutes so Boyega's character can be an orphan [face_dunno]

Momotaros and thisguyisnotajedi like this.
  2. thisguyisnotajedi

thisguyisnotajedi Jedi Knight star 3

May 16, 2014
    Heh that would explain

3. Tatooine Twilight Twins

Tatooine Twilight Twins Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    I've always been more fascinated with Luke than Han. That being said I think much of the reason why so many fans are focused on Han-Leia children is because the movies actually established a romantic relationship between them and fans take it in their own hands to come up with the most logical follow-through in terms of what that means for them down the road. Meanwhile Luke is the rare young main character who never is seen in any sort of relationship, not even over a three-film span. Considering he seems to be following in the footsteps of mentors like Obi and Yoda, there may be a tendency to think that he won't seek a mate at all Even if fans think he would settle into a domestic relationship the next problem becomes who would his partner be. We all have a complete grasp on the Han-Leia dynamic because both characters appeared on the big screen. Therefore it is easier to visualize their relationship going forward, what their kids would look like, etc. There was no love interest for Luke so fans and/or book writers would have to invent such a woman for him. And that means you can't even have a consensus because fans will differ over what type of woman Luke would be interested in. So the thought may ultimately be why even bother with the idea of Luke's children in the first place?

Bob Octa and Adi_Gallia_9 like this.
  4. klooney

klooney Jedi Master star 1

Jul 2, 2009
    Anyone unsure about Boyega, just watch Attack the Block.

If VII ends up flawed, it won't because of the cast.

5. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    Amen.

Momotaros likes this.
  6. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
  7. Momotaros

Momotaros Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2013
    Hallelujah

Satipo likes this.
  8. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014
    If casting Boyega is wrong, I don't wanna be right!

9. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
  10. Momotaros

Momotaros Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2013
  11. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    That's a fine note to restore thread sanity on. Let's get back on topic. Not that our praise was completely off topic. But, you know...

12. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    If Boyega is the lead I'd put good odds that he's also a Skywalker. The bad guy needs to go "SKYWALLLLLEERRRRRR!!" That's a thing.

13. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014
    He's not a Skywalker, but I agree some villain needs to be saying Skywalker at some point.

14. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Yeah the only reason I went with Boyega is if he is a Skywalker then the "SKYWALLLKKKERRRR!!!" quotient goes way up. Like if Luke fades into the background by Episode 9 and has a 30 second cameo the bad guy won't get a chance to go "SKYWALLLKERRRR!" It's too damn good a name to not have the bad guy say it a lot in a flick. Episode 1 didn't really have it (aside from Palpatine's rather chippy "And young Skywalker! We will watch your career with great interest!") which is a shame, and Episode 4 doesn't have it at all, but we get plenty o "Skywalllkkkeerrr" throughout Episode 2, 3, 5 & 6. If Episode 9 is the finale of the series, somebody Skywalker has to be the main character so the bad guy can say "Skywalkkkerrrr" a lot.

CGI-BOBAFENT likes this.
  15. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
  16. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    hahhaha, if the main character of the ST is named "Richards" and Doctor Doom is the villain, that would also be an acceptable substitute.

17. appleseed

appleseed Chosen One star 5

Dec 5, 2002
    I felt the second Luke appeared in ROTJ that he was celibate. Of course, if he does have kids and a wife (or a deceased wife), that might make a good story for the "Red Five" movie if it is about Luke.

18. Jabari

Jabari Jedi Master star 1

Jun 25, 2007
    I'm hoping that Luke is married to Mara Jade, or no one. I think I'd prefer no one, that he went the celibate Jedi Grand Master route, but if he is married, it should be Mara Jade. And she should be alive. Maybe no kids though. :D

19. TtheForceHurts

TtheForceHurts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2010
    He just tweeted a single intriguing word: Skywalker

20. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
  21. thisguyisnotajedi

thisguyisnotajedi Jedi Knight star 3

May 16, 2014
    Well isn't that tweet relevant to the current discussion. :p

22. Darth_Zidious

Darth_Zidious Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2001
    I assume Hamill is on set.

23. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014
    That would be my guess too. Or he's just having some Pavlovian fun now.

24. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    This is extremely well said and I agree 100%.

ChildOfWinds likes this.
  25. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.