main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Harrison Ford (Han Solo) in TFA

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth Chiznuk , Mar 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    Edit: Wrong thread. Ignore I said anything.

2. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Just to show how ridiculous some of these 'news reports' are, I just came across one that said that the accident wasn't really an accident, but a failed attempt by the Illuminati to sacrifice Harrison. o_O

So yeah, there's certainly a lot of crap going around out there about the incident.

3. Darth Pizza

Darth Pizza Jedi Padawan star 1

Jun 15, 2014
    Dak Oolron likes this.
  4. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
    Never a truer word said.

Rather too many people with rather too much time on their hands want to read, "Harrison squashed flat by garage door; had to be scraped into a bucket and posted to his wife", rather than the truth.

There's not much news on production of late so I'm hoping something tantalising leaks out soon to cheer everyone up and give us something new and fun to speculate about.:)

5. Kraven Head

Kraven Head Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 5, 2012
    If JJ and company had a sense of humour, they could film a scene where Han kicks to Falcon from within the cockpit to get her started.

Gemma likes this.
  6. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

Yeah, that is the minimum amount of time a broken ankle may take to mend. Usually it is 8 to 12 weeks, but if Harrison is lucky he may still fit in with the younger edge of the scale, but I wouldn't expect him back on set for at least 6 weeks. :)

7. jedi_jra

jedi_jra Jedi Master star 1

Feb 2, 2011
    I hope they wait until he can at least walk again before filming his scenes. Nothing would pull me out of the action and myth of Star Wars more than waist-up shots of Harrison through the entire film. "oh look, another close up of Han Solo hiding his busted ankle.".

My other concern is Harrison's attitude when he returns to filming. I realize he is a professional, but returning to a franchise which made you a superstar as a lead had to be exciting. His enthusiasm had to be higher for this than anything he has done in the last decade (or 2). I was truly expecting an incredible performance from Harrison that most people wouldn't be expecting, and this was truly one of the things I was looking forward to the most about ep 7. Now with a busted ankle, I hope he doesn't just go through the motions to get through filming.

JJ has an opportunity to show just how good he is. If he can make me forget about the Ankle and get Harrison to give an ep 5 like performance in spite of the ankle, he will have done an incredible job.

8. Summers1913

Summers1913 Jedi Knight star 3

May 12, 2014
    He really only ran like twice in the OT though. I doubt he will have more action now than the OT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Qui-Riv-Brid likes this.
  9. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013
    He did more action in Crystal Skull at 64 then the entire OT combined. I mean Han basically ran around and fired his blaster.

There was I think one hand to hand fight with a Stormtrooper.

If he can miss 40 or more days of shooting and it's not going to effect the schedule than the story of him having some major part is more about what he does than the amount of screen time he has.

The average PT shoot was like 60 days plus pre-arranged additional shooting of 10 days and 5 days at a later date. If Hayden had an accident like that the movie would have to be shut down until he was able to come back.

Summers1913 likes this.
  10. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    A big part of me feels that if they can get away with Ford being filmed sat down, his part in this movie won't be particulary strong. Ford is a very physical actor... not just in terms of him wanting to do as much stunt work as possible, but his actual physical movement. You only have to look at his scenes in TESB, ANH or even KOTCS to understand that you don't put him behind a desk or in a chair... unless he's flying the Falcon...

Qui-Riv-Brid likes this.
  11. Qui-Riv-Brid

Apr 18, 2013
    Exactly this isn't a TV series where you can get away with that. I see no reason to think that he won't be off for 8-12 weeks (hopefully sooner) and then be back do less demanding stuff for a few weeks and ease in then do the running and blasting.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/...ison-Ford-and-10-more-injury-prone-stars.html

Ford's character Dr. Richard Kimble has a limp in The Fugitive because Ford had one at the time. He damaged some ligaments in his leg while filming in the woods, but refused to have surgery until the film wrapped, leaving him, and Kimble, limping.
    On set of the first Indiana Jones film, Ford injured the ligament in his knee, before getting dysentry. His condition resulted in an iconic scene change, after Ford swapped the scripted whip-and-sword battle for a simple gunshot.
    Ford didn't escape the second Indiana Jones film unharmed, either: he ruptured two of the discs in his spine by riding elephants.

12. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Qui-Riv-Brid: We can't tell exactly how much screen time he has from that, though. For comparison, when he injured his back during the filming of TOD, he missed 6 weeks of filming (and he was the star). They continued on as best they could without him, changing the schedule around and using a 'stand-in' where possible. It sounds very familiar to what they're doing now with Star Wars. It doesn't exactly mean he has a major role, but we can't say for certain that he won't either. It's a 'wait and see' type of thing at this point.

13. Qui-Riv-Brid

Apr 18, 2013

I think he does have a major role but he had a major role in IV as well though he didn't appear until 47 minutes into the picture then disappeared for the Death Star assault until the end run.

I would think that Luke, Leia and Han will spend some decent portion of the film together and Han and Leia even more. It'd be a bit weird to bring them back and then barely be seen together. They really don't spend that much time together in the OT overall but you'd think that would be stepped up some in this film if it's the last time. Of course we don't know they won't all be back for the next 2 as well.

HanSolo29 likes this.
  14. DV75

DV75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    Wow.

Ford sure has a history of injuring himself while filming.

15. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    i heard he got hit by a giant boulder

TKT likes this.
  16. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    That's because he's very 'hands on' when it comes to the physical stuff. The one's that don't get cracked ribs, broken teeth etc, are usually the one's who say 'just let the stuntman do that'. ;)

Gemma likes this.
  17. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001
    He does! And in some ways, that's oddly reassuring? He's used to this - it shouldn't be something that makes him 'livid' or whatever the tabloids are claiming. It's an occupational hazard and one he's successfully dealt with many times in the past.

Revanfan1 and Baron_Papanerd like this.
  18. Qui-Riv-Brid

Apr 18, 2013
    Having set fall on you is not something that should happen. Spraining a back or ankle while filming running or riding is one thing but props coming down is another thing.

I don't think the rest of the cast is reassured at all!

19. Mange

Mange Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2003
    The latest I've heard was that it wasn't a prop, but the actual stage door.

20. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001
    Eh, recent tweets from John Boyega and Anthony Daniels are both upbeat and positive. The media has over-hyped this to an insane degree and while Harrison Ford should absolutely take whatever time he needs to recover, it doesn't seem as bad as the tabloids would want us to believe either. Production seems to be plugging along just fine.

To go back to actually discussing Harrison Ford's role/character in Ep. VII, how would the new rumors impact Han? If there isn't a New Republic at all, what is he doing? Just flying around in the Falcon helping Luke and other Jedi avoid detection? I'm intrigued what his role would be in a story that is so heavily Jedi v. Sith.

21. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    See? This is what happens when you're a crotchety old man on the set of a big budget movie.

Darth_Corvus and Darth Punk like this.
  22. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Personally, I'm still partial to the idea of him having some sort of legitimate shipping business or something like that. That way, he has something to keep him busy (that isn't reverting back to his criminal ways) and it also provides him with the opportunity to help out the cause, whatever that turns out to be. Now, whether something like this actually pans out is yet to be seen.

Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  23. Ganger

Ganger Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 1999
  24. Bobby Roberts

Bobby Roberts Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 24, 2014
    Probably just a matter of rearranging shooting schedules. Eight weeks isn't that bad.

DARTH_MUPPET likes this.
  25. DARTH MUPPET

DARTH MUPPET Jedi Grand Master star 3

Apr 16, 2001
    EDIT: bobbyroberts beat me to it.

No, this won't change the release date. The only thing affected by this will be the filming schedule. Things will be shifted around to compensate. The film will still come out in Dec 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.