main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Huge Plot Rumors On MakingStarwars.net

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by QuiJohn, Jun 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QuiJohn

QuiJohn Jedi Grand Master star 1

Jul 16, 2000
  2. soul8luos

soul8luos Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2013
    Have we seen this before? Yes, kotor and kotor2.

Apophis_, markdeez and Ryus like this.
  3. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    Looks good and makes sense to me. I'd always take any rumours with a mountain of salt but there's nothing there that seems off to me. If nothing else, it makes for good speculation. If true, it seems like Rebels, the Tarkin novel and the Sith Lords novel could all flesh out this hitherto unseen Imperial element before they make their debuts on the big screen.

RyanForder, Dra---, Revanfan1 and 5 others like this.
  4. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    If this is true I like the sound of it.

5. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    Hmm... besides the obvious of taking this with a mountains worth of salt... personally I loved the Imperial Guard, Loved the Imperial Knights of the Legacy EU comics, loved the Sith Assassins in KotOR 2, loved the idea of The Emperor's Hands from the EU (and recent fluff I've come across implies highest ranking Inquisitors become Hands), really hopeful about the Inquisitors in Rebels.

Now, just stating the obvious... Jedi Hunters requires Jedi to hunt, so Luke must have trained some and/or survivors of Order 66 resurfaced after RotJ (or any kids they may have had since going into hiding).. and no New Republic implies Leia gets force training (or absolutly none in some vein hope these hunters never find out her lineage) since who needs a politician if the New Republic never formed, odds are Jedi are needed more.

Nice badguy line up though... three Jedi Hunters vs our three new cast. Makes sense they're not called Inquisitors anymore though, guess they are ruling things as the defacto next highest ranking force users of the Empire.

Also explains why they've been pushing the OT more than the PT besides VII being the followup to VI, simply put sounds like the Rebellion vs the Empire is still going so their tones will be very similar. ;) Not to mention why the EU was scrapped, these two stories could never mesh. They're simply too far apart of their condition of the galaxy.

6. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    Yes - that sounds reasonable to me. You effectively have Sith in the film and potentially using the iconography of the Empire.... which is the route I always wanted the new films to go. A Sith Empire by any other name.... a progression of the themes and ideas. I suppose the only question would then be... why couldn't the Jedi Hunters kill Luke (or at least prevent him) before he trained any new Jedi? And who will the resurected Sith Master be? I suppose that means we could get Bane... which would be cool.

Dra---, markdeez, Ryus and 1 other person like this.
  7. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    What if they've been trying to? Luke could very well have been hunted and harried every step of the way. I really hope these rumours are on the money. It seems to stem from George's ideas that sparked Rebels, seems to flow on well from TCW and doesn't contradict anything too outrageously. I mean, it always felt like it would have taken a bit more than blowing up the Emperor and DS 2 to win back the whole galaxy. And I love that it seems to provide a way to keep Imperials and Sith involved in a new way that feels like a continuation from ROTJ. I mean, if we'd had the ST in the 90s, this feels like the kind of direction George might have taken it. It's almost a similar way of resetting to the way Empire kicked off after ANH.

By the way, maybe the Jedi Hunters are still called Inquisitors. I think we'll get hints that there are more than one operating during Rebels. Which also deals with the fact that there are other Jedi like Kanaan who survived order 66 and Palpatine and his acolytes have warriors trained to hunt them down - I mean, Vader can't do it all on his own.

Hernalt, Dra---, Jobertus and 2 others like this.
  8. vypernight

vypernight Jedi Master star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    I like it; it's different. It also gives a reason the Rebel are still fighting the Empire after ROTJ.

Blazer-Smith and Jobertus like this.
  9. lavjoricso

lavjoricso Force Ghost star 4

May 25, 2001
    This does sound very plausible, I really like the idea of this.

Blazer-Smith and markdeez like this.
  10. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    If this turns out to be accurate, it could fill us in on the other actors of varying age, such as von Sydow or Serkis. Suddenly, introducing "older" Jedi would make a bit more sense.

11. Summers1913

Summers1913 Jedi Knight star 3

May 12, 2014
    What kind of track record do these guys have? These are very detailed rumors and would be very interesting if true.

In his speculation he says these Jedi hunters could never be Sith. If true what could be the explanation behind that?

Also I would be surprised if the "resurrection" referred to an actual dead person and not just resurrecting the Sith in general.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dra--- and markdeez like this.
  12. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Huh...I'm really liking the sound of this, if it's legit. It's an interesting way to turn and I'm curious to see how this all pans out.

13. DarthWilliams

DarthWilliams Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2008
    Three reasons I am taking this with a mountain-load of salt:
    1. David Oyelowo is currently filming the MLK biopic so it seems like he'd be generally unavailable over the next few months to film a role as one of these supposed Jedi Hunters.

2. Lupita just headed to filming five days ago (according to her Instagram) - we know that in the past five days they were shooting scenes with Harrison since he was injured. Obviously they can film more than a couple of different scenes over the course of a few days, but the timing seems a little off with all of the other circumstances for this scene to have supposedly been filmed and already relayed from someone on set to a Star Wars fan site reporter.

3. For sources who have not read the script and just overheard things on set, they seem to have a really good understanding of how things will go down across all three films of the ST. That seems unlikely to me.

14. robo_obi

robo_obi Jedi Master star 4

Mar 15, 2002
    I quite like the sound of this....and it ties nicely in with Rebels which was always the rumour....

If people like Daisy and John are hidden away on Tatooine, perhaps the battle there is these 'hunters' discovering their location and Han and the falcon have to come in and rescue them....

Maybe john is even there protecting daisy....

The more I think about this Jedi hunter concept, with no 'new republic' and the rebirth of the sith potentially in episode 8....I'm really liking it...

15. MakingStarWars

MakingStarWars Jedi Master star 4

Oct 20, 2008
    Sorry it wasn't clear. David Oyelowo is voice acting in the film, according to the rumors. That's all I've heard on that front. Didn't mean to imply Lupita filmed a thing yet because I don't know. When you start to hear different departments talk, these things start to have implications. But you could be right, Darth Williams. I'm not there, so I can't say. This is what I've heard.

16. thisguyisnotajedi

thisguyisnotajedi Jedi Knight star 3

May 16, 2014
    Perhaps they don't just hunt jedi but also force sensitive people in general :eek:

Gobi-1 and Indy 11 like this.
  17. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    My rough idea about this... (but side note about your other question, before attacking the first, id bet Von Sadow for Sith Master is the obvious bet)

If I had to bet why they just didn't kill Luke right away, simply put beyond lack of intel due to the Fog of War and need to consolidate their takeover of the Empire in the aftermath he's just stronger in the force then they... it'd just be the inverse of Palpatine's arrest in RotS but without a Mace Windu (you think Vader would stand for a rival that strong and trained in the force). Next off these Jedi Hunters aren't real Sith, so again, they're not fully trained darksiders right after RotJ... they too need time to train, just like Luke needs time to train Leia. Luke also has force ghosts and dagobah on his side... talk about a great early detection system and hiding spot.

Further his first apprentice was likely Leia (duh) who Luke might have had time to train while they (Inquisitors/Jedi Hunters) where busy taking control of the Empire, so in effect they'd have to take on two Vader level opponents at once. However neither Luke or Leia could take on the whole Empire themselves either, so effectivly a stalemate until some Inquisitors get stronger in the force and soildify their takeover of the Empire or Luke and Leia can train enough Jedi to help the Rebellion vs an onslaught of Jedi Hunters. Luke and Leia can't attack them directly and just defeat them and the Jedi Hunters can't attack in full force since they can't find Luke and Leia until they're ready to bring the fight to them since they're still fighting a goreilla war where the enemy just disappears. However once the trainees of Luke and Leia start poping up the Jedi hunters have targets they can beat.

In this case Driver, Isaac, and Lupita are the most powerful and trained hunters... the ones with the best hope of defeating Luke and Leia. This implies Gleeson, Boyega, Ridley are the Jedi in training with the strongest force potential... leaving Gwendoline and Sekis as our wildcards

On a side note... guess this film will be Lightsaber overload [face_tee_hee]

Jobertus and markdeez like this.
  18. soul8luos

soul8luos Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2013

Thanks for the effort. Have you heard any rumors as who John and Daisy are playing?

19. Frank_TJ_Mackey

Frank_TJ_Mackey Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 6, 2000
    I would not say that Isaac is a "jedi hunter"......In my opinion, at least one of the "Jedi Hunter" could be a CGI-rendered character and he won't be voiced by Isaac.

Ryus likes this.
  20. MakingStarWars

MakingStarWars Jedi Master star 4

Oct 20, 2008
    Nothing solid or highly informative, sorry.

Ryus likes this.
  21. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    Don't disagree he might not be, was just quoting the articles speculation on the new players in this case ;)

22. Claire1976

Claire1976 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 20, 2013
    Sounds believable, and fresh. Could be interesting, if it turns out to be true. Would certainly tie up very well with what we've heard about Rebels.

23. thisguyisnotajedi

May 16, 2014
    But this rumor doesn't say Isaac is one of the jedi hunters.

Ryus likes this.
  24. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    Rereads...

And your right... guess I need my morning coffee badly after that misread.[face_laugh]

Odds are they conscript those people if possible... if they fail training however, well I hope they don't, for their sakes.

25. thisguyisnotajedi

May 16, 2014
    This really makes Luke's life sound tought and depressing post ROTJ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.