main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub <=*=> The New Sith Order =*= Return of the Sith <=*=>... v.5

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Teegirloo, Sep 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. belligerent

belligerent Jedi Youngling

Jun 5, 2014
    All you have to do is come home to see me silly!

It's awesome to see this place still here. It's where our love story began!

2. Darth-Vassago

Darth-Vassago Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2004
    Really? I don't agree. The Sith we know from the films were in hiding for many years. Not to mention Palpatine, the most prominent Sith, demonstrated extreme patience waiting over a decade to finally strike and destroy the Jedi. Seems to me most people perceive the Sith as the blood thirsty, mindless animals that just see red constantly and want to kill, kill, kill. I disagree. That seems like the way most people "play" Sith or even write them, but it's not really the case at all to me.

darklordoftech likes this.
  3. Wanderguard

Wanderguard Jedi Knight star 1

May 15, 2014
    The most prominent, successful Sith are patient, yes, but what you've cited is a comparatively small sample when you account for all of the rest of them. I stand by my assertion that, when you consider the multitudes of Sith in the multitudes of orders that have existed over the millennia, patience was a somewhat uncommon virtue among Sith. I would even argue that extraordinary patience is precisely what set the great and powerful Sith apart from their dime-a-dozen underlings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

belligerent likes this.
  4. Darth-Vassago

Jun 28, 2004

Bah, the only Sith we know are the ones we've seen in the PT, OT and TCW. [face_mischief]

5. Wanderguard

May 15, 2014
    Or rather they are the only canon Sith anymore :p

6. dragonsith13

dragonsith13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 3, 2005
    The entire Rule of Two is based upon patience. Using planning, time, and the right moment to strike and vanquish your enemies in one swift decisive blow.

darklordoftech likes this.
  7. Wanderguard

May 15, 2014
    I thought it was sort of a given that the rule of two was notwithstanding to my argument.

8. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Shame that Maul didn't follow those precepts when he set up his own Rule of Two.

And as to the question about time travel, it was purely mooring a way in which to move people from the old timeline into the new.

9. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
  10. dragonsith13

Apr 3, 2005
    It seemed like you said most prominent successful Sith... which could be amongst many orders and not just limited to the Rule of Two orders.

11. Wanderguard

May 15, 2014
    My point was more meant to be independent of the rule of two, as its members obviously had more patience than those of other orders.

12. Darth-Vassago

Jun 28, 2004

I thought it was about time to dust off and give it a go, see if I still "have it". [face_coffee]

13. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    It would appear you do, currently.

And, Wanderguard, there are times when I wish there were more Rule of the Strong Sith that were patient, as they appear to have more potential for success in the long term.

The One Sith and Lost Tribe both proved that groups of dark siders can work together after all with a certain structure.

14. Darth Dreadwar

Darth Dreadwar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 26, 2010
    If we're going back in time, I wonder if either a certain Rakatan mind trap could come with, or alternatively, a certain two ancient Sith Lords with an... overly inflated view of their own heritage... could be released from their temporal prison (as in the original ABYverse ASE history) after the 'shockwave' of Palpatine's death.

Either way, consider me very interested.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  15. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    You may want to head to the RPF my friend ;)

Darth_Dreadwar likes this.
  16. Darth Dreadwar

Darth Dreadwar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 26, 2010
    Will do. Feel free to PM as well in terms of finer details. With DRL vanquished for the Summer, I consider myself back full-time ;)

17. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Could've fooled me, Dreadwar.

Well, the game has started so there are, currently, no more spaces for new people.

18. Darth-Vassago

Jun 28, 2004
    You have a new game underway, Sin? I may have to go and have a look.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  19. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I do indeed, link is above.

Some fun is pending, I must say.

And a malevolence that shall rival any the traitor Skywalkers ever faced...

... and they're already dead!

*cackles*

20. Darth-Vassago

Jun 28, 2004
    Seems as if you have some dark intentions for the game ahead. I would be lying if I didn't say I liked that.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  21. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I am quite the fan of threats which are genuinely cosmic as opposed to banal. Funnily, the idea of Sith imposing an empire on the galaxy comes across quite banal in comparison to, say, Abeloth, as a Cthullu type monster.

Not sure if it's too Star Wars mind you.

22. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    That being said what darksider could resist Abeloth as an enticement? All that dark side power in one place, and the potential to control it?

Iron_lord likes this.
  23. dragonsith13

Apr 3, 2005
    So as I am making my way back into the SW world. I have kids and I see advertisements for SW Rebels and Clone wars all of the time.

With all of this new material coming out... do you think it is good or bad for some of the EU that has been laid out for years?

I really do not know what to think yet... I am excited about new SW material, but I don't want the books and stories I've read for years to evaporate...

24. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Well... Everything published so far is now not-canon, apart from the films, the novels of the films, and the Clone Wars tv show, comics and maybe novels.

The new continuity starts with the Rebels book 'A New Dawn' and follows with 'Tarkin', 'Heir to the Jedi' and 'Lords of the Sith'.

But for now I imagine the two continuities can cope together. But soon it'll be over.

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  25. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    It will never be over now that Disney is involved. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.