main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Star Wars Episode 7 Plot Ideas

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by DarthRuss, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Miggler

Lord Miggler Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 6, 2013
    I get your a fan of EU, personally I never put too much stock in it although I still enjoyed the bits I have dabbled in, but each to their own. Personally I don't know why anyone would want a retread of already told stories. This is a Star Wars film it shouldn't be an adaptation of other works but an original and fresh story.

I also think that based on what we've seen in the films a 100 Jedi by 40 years of age seems a bit of a stretch to say the least.

BigAl6ft6 and NoChesterHester like this.
  2. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    I can't help but to think of the show LOST and how (by the end of the season) they showed Jacob picking the people who would eventually board Flight 800 and end up on the island with hopes of finding the person who would replace him. All the while he had to contend with the "man in black" who was, by then, a bunch of black smoke (the ancient fear) plaguing his every move.

I've imagined Luke wandering the galaxy finding Force sensitive people to recruit into his Jedi academy but being plagued by spirits on the planet (Yavin IV-deep within the Messassi temple, possibly trapped in the Blue Leaf Cluster) who wish to control the Force as the secretive Jedi group that Luke recruits gets bigger and bigger.

3. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
    It would be nice to see the capital of the New Republic to be on another world other than Coruscant. We could also see New Alderaan formed as well.

4. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    Yeah I am not calling for a exact retread. But the practice of taking babies from parents needs to end. Not Luke's style, and it is not logical to use kids to train when you need a functional order now. One thing I would like to see is something similar to the njo series . That's what I really wish the plot would look like .

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

5. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Luke is living on Tatooine with his family (ala The Star Wars) raising them in the ways of the Force. Boyega's character, Ridley's character (Han Solo's daughter) and Han Solo go to find him. Or maybe Boyega is Luke's son. Either way, I think Luke is either building a small Jedi academy or being a single father to a Jedi kid. Need to bring Luke back in action because Bad Guy Sith reasons.

6. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    Han Solo injures his ankle on the door of the m-falcon & is flown to a hospital on Coruscant ......

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  7. ManaByte

ManaByte Chosen One star 5

Aug 20, 1998

What if there is a reason why it isn't? Don't you think that would make post-ROTJ canon novels more exciting?

8. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    Well it better be real creative and there better be lots of action the last 30 years

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

9. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    I agree that the general plot structure of the film will probably be like the "We're going on a quest with a diverse set of characters!" template that A New Hope and Phantom Menace follow. There's something that needs to be done so the characters go on a journey and pick up random characters on their way to the goal. In the case, I think the McGuffin / Death Star plans is going to be Luke Skywalker himself. Which is why Han is in it so much, he's driving the bus / Falcon to go get Luke.

I'd venture even further that the "Old Mentor" who dies ala Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon is Han Solo which spurns the younger generation / Master Skywalker to get serious about returning the Jedi.

I do agree, the Jedi Order should be established and done in Episode 9, that's the climax of the saga. It shouldn't happen off screen while nobody saw it in between episode 6 and 7, that's skipping over the central drama of seeing Luke pass on what he learned. You start with Luke either A) by himself B) with his family C) a small handful of students in Ep. 7 and then across the next 3 films you get the Jedi Order back to being built. That's a story right there, not off screen in between movies.

NoChesterHester likes this.
  10. ManaByte

Aug 20, 1998

Not saying there would't be action. But if there was a reason why it was difficult for the Jedi to return in a big way, would you be disappointed if there wasn't a far-reaching Jedi order at the time of Ep7?

11. thatguyswise74

thatguyswise74 Jedi Padawan

May 31, 2014
    I think people might need to get used to the idea that the Empire didn't die at the end of ROTJ. And if it didn't die, Luke, the only Jedi in the galaxy, would become the most hunted man in the galaxy. He would not just be able to set up shop somewhere and start training kids to be jedi. He would have to go into hiding, perhaps only being able to train one or two students while the war waged on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ManaByte likes this.
  12. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
    After 30 years I think it's very likely that the Rebel Alliance has been victorious against the Empire after the death of Palpatine.

13. halliwax

halliwax Jedi Youngling

Jun 12, 2014
    hey gang, think is this my first post! i read acouple pages back and i like the theories everyone is coming up with! really gets your mind thinking!

i always thought after ROTJ, luke was going to teach a small group of jedi, and they would eventually bring the council back, and jedi would be keepers of the peace again

now with episode 7 really in the works, i wonder if luke is going to play the role as master splinter in the old TMNT movies.. lay in the background and train an select few students, and these students start a new starwars adventure...

ok i've said it, now you guys can flame me!! lol

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  14. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Ain't flaming here, son. I'm picturing Luke Master Splinter-ing it up over a dozen or so Jedi recruits myself (or maybe just his immediate family). I certainly don't expect, nor do I wanna see, the Jedi Order reestablished to the PT level again at the start of Episode 7. The audience would have missed all the fun stuff!

15. Darth_Zidious

Darth_Zidious Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2001
    Were you referring to this?
    http://makingstarwars.net/2014/06/6-13-14-now-podcasting-episode-37/

16. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
    Now this is something I hadn't seen before. How credible a source is 'Making Star Wars' anyone?

17. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    I think they're pretty good - as good as anyone can be anyway.

As for the sound of the rumours - whether legit or not - they sound very promising to be. I like the sound of Jedi Hunters and it seems like it would provide good cross over with Rebels.

18. Darth_Zidious

Darth_Zidious Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2001
    I don't know, but ManaByte is on their podcasts, so we can ask him. :)

19. soul8luos

soul8luos Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2013
    OK. This sounds very convincing.

20. Gallandro

Gallandro Force Ghost star 4

Jul 8, 1998
    NOTE: This is not directed at Jason or anyone at MakingStarWars.net, this would be directed squarely at JJ if true.

This may be the most idiotic thing I've ever heard... so basically the whole end of Return of the Jedi was... pointless??? Vader's sacrifice for Luke to destroy the Emperor, the ultimate evil in the galaxy. Basically it makes that entire thread between Empire and Jedi totally worthless.

It sounds like the Empire is no weaker than it was before, and if the Rebels could not even put some nominal provisional government together... really what was the point of the whole thing? Vader's sacrifice means absolutely zip as it had almost no effect on the outcome of the Galactic Civil War.

That was the whole point of Jedi... "and they lived happily ever after." If you are going to introduce a new threat, from a storytelling perspective it needs to be some new villain outside of what we've seen before. This sounds like nothing more than regurgitating the latest Imperial Remnant villain of the week from the EU. Jedi Hunter, Stormtroopers... basically it's the EU without a New Republic.... this is really the best they could do?

If this is in fact the story for Episode VII I'm going to guess they pretty much ditched most of Lucas treatment with the exception of a few elements. I really can't see Lucas proceeding with a story like this as it undermines his whole Rise, Fall and Redemption of Anakin Skywalker thread. This sounds more like fanfic.

Yancy

21. DarthWilliams

DarthWilliams Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2008
    My thoughts exactly. Luke becomes a fully trained Jedi over the course of four years and helps bring down the two most powerful Sith the galaxy has ever seen...only to then spend three decades being chased around the galaxy by half-trained Sith Jedi Hunters?

Gallandro likes this.
  22. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008

not at all. far reaching is probably impossible. But should their not be 30 or 40?

as far as Jedi Hunters go, i like it. If they are force users, or like mandos in that they are well trained against jedi, then that would explain why no jedi order. So Luke is being hunted? to me by now Luke should be massively powerful and have allies/students that can help him. if this was 10 years after ROTJ it would be easier to stomach. But to me all this is a legacy killer.

23. ManaByte

Aug 20, 1998

Yes, couldn't say anything about it until today.

24. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Luke has his speeder stolen by the evil Darth Francis (Adam Driver). A mystic (Von Sydow) then tells him that it's hidden in the basement of the Death Star LXIX. He then embarks on a grand adventure, running into all sorts of wacky individuals including Large Marge the Hutt (Andy Serkis using mo-cap) who's actually dead.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  25. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013
    The basic problem here though is that even if there is something to it then it's just such a fragment of a story. Go back to the PT and the appearance of one armoured Jango lead people to think that we were going to see a Mandalorian army.

These movies are not going to be Luke-centric.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.