main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Harrison Ford (Han Solo) in TFA

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth Chiznuk , Mar 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Momotaros

Momotaros Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2013
    Yeah can't wait for the behind the scenes documentary on ankle gate. That will surely be talked about in the blu-ray extras. heh

BigAl6ft6 and D'an like this.
  2. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Actually, that was in the much earlier Han Solo & The Lost Legacy - he got cut on the chin in a knife fight in that book - and in the "Interlude" in A.C.Crispin's Rebel Dawn, he thinks for a moment about getting it repaired but decides not to.

Revanfan1 and Force Smuggler like this.
  3. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
    I knew it was one or the other! Still.... a real life injury that has made its way into fiction. I genuinely think this injury may do the same if we see Han with a limp.;)

4. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    The Wampa Ice Creature incident was included in TESB specifically to explain the damage to Mark Hamill's face, in universe, I'm guessing.

5. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000

I heard that was a myth. That George Lucas said any "in-universe" explanation wouldn't have been necessary, since several years had passed since ANH and injuries were bound to happen in wartime. I think he also said that he had originally planned an "Anakin-like" facial scar for Luke in ESB anyway, but then didn't do it. Who knows how accurate that is though. George seems to have several different answers to the same question, depending on his mood.

Jobertus and D'an like this.
  6. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Wookieepedia phrases it as "Many believe that" - but then cites the "Behind the Magic" CD, in the Wampa article.

7. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Mark's facial scars, Harrison's chin scar.....wow. Reading the last several posts reminds me that this level of injury is sort of a SW tradition. The fact that similar incidents did not occur during the filming of the PT but did for the OT bodes well for the ST. Sorry Prequel apologists. ;)

8. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Sort of hard to get injured by green screen.

Dak Oolron, TKT, BigAl6ft6 and 5 others like this.
  9. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000

Yeah, truthfully, I can't remember where I heard/read that. But it was something pretty official, like the commentary or the "Making of ESB" book or something. But it might've been neither of those. I do remember Lucas saying that his scarring didn't need any explanation though. Which makes me think the wampa attack was always an intended story element, regardless of Mark's crash.

Iron_lord likes this.
  10. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014

Hey; maybe the Illuminate is involved after all. :p

11. Momotaros

Aug 13, 2013
    nvm, forgot about a page ago. HR was just rehashing thier story on twitter to make it look new. [face_laugh]

P.S. Got fooled by a tweet that had the HR story from page ago,but made it look like it was just posted.

12. Rickern

Rickern Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    In the PT's DVDs & blu-rays bloopers reels, you can watch Hayden Christensen spending most of the time falling down here and there while filming. It's a miracle he didn't get badly injured in the end ;)

BigAl6ft6, markdeez, Jobertus and 3 others like this.
  13. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    That scar on his face in ROTS was caused when he fell in the bathtub. Lucas said so. :p

14. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    So I guess Han's scenes won't be shot first.

15. Jason79

Jason79 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    I remember those blooper reels from the AOTC dvd!
    When i saw the scene of Hayden running through the streets of Coruscant and falling flat on his face i nearly busted a gut![face_rofl]
    Then there was the part where he's doing the lightsaber dual and trips. Oh my sides!
    In all seriousness though i just hope Harrison's okay. If he was hurt bad enough to possibly drop out of the movie i'd be ever so pissed!
    Not at him but at the safety inspectors on the set. I mean how did this even happen? Poor guy is probably having second thoughts about coming back as Han now. Good thing they've got until the end of next year to wrap up filming.

16. Green_Destiny_Sword

Green_Destiny_Sword Force Ghost star 5

Jun 20, 2001
    No but it's really no big deal. This injury and timeframe won't throw anything off.

I recall during the filming of Troy, which starred Brad Pitt, the production schedule called for Pitt, playing Achilles, to shoot his climactic, epic duel to the death with Hector (played by Eric Bana) in the first couple of weeks. Both guys had trained for a couple of months to learn the choreo and get ripped. Then it's time to shoot and Pitt tore his Achilles (seriously). For anyone familiar, it's a bad injury. But they still changed the schedule, did the other shots (with the recovering Pitt strategically positioned) and 3 months later shot the duel and it was still a great fight scene.

So Han will be fine. Even if he's leaning up against a lot of walls in his scenes.

BigAl6ft6 and Iron_lord like this.
  17. Heero_Yuy

Heero_Yuy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    If a green screen wall had fallen on Ford, it'd have killed him! :p

Django Fett likes this.
  18. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    [face_rofl]

=D=

19. Darth_Corvus

Darth_Corvus Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2010

Odd. Other sources tell that he had diarrhea. There are also people who say he was simply tired of shooting.

Anyway I agree with the observation that Ford's role can't be that big if shooting him from the waist up was a possible solution. That would imply that we wouldn't even see him walk. Doesn't sound like a lead.

20. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Montie won the thread. :p

21. thisguyisnotajedi

thisguyisnotajedi Jedi Knight star 3

May 16, 2014
    Close this thread. Nothing will beat that

22. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002

What do you think one of the big symptoms of dysentery is? [face_sick]

And Harrison himself admitted on the Reddit AMA that yes, he was 'sick' with stomach issues (being polite) - For all his gruffness and irritability, he's still a professional, and not a film prima-donna. Just because he was 'tired of shooting' he wouldn't quit doing a scene.

23. Momotaros

Aug 13, 2013
    I must say as bad as a broken ankle is. We should all be thankful he didn't tear his ACL for a third time. If he had suffered ACL tear he would had been out for months. In sports an ACL tears side lines players for a whole season. A guy in his 70's. He would have been out this year and next. Just some thing I thought about reading his injury history.

BigAl6ft6 and markdeez like this.
  24. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I bet Harrison REALLY hates SW now.

markdeez likes this.
  25. Momotaros

Aug 13, 2013
    [face_laugh] Yeah, if the rumors are true about that. He probably even more eager to see his character died after getting hurt on set.

markdeez likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.