main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Who would you like to see in a lightsaber face-off ?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by sraw__rats, Jun 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sraw__rats

sraw__rats Jedi Knight

May 4, 2014
    I would like Daisy against either Lupita or Gwendoline in a long fight. With Daisy playing a jedi and strong rumors of having a female villain it seems pretty obvious it will happen at some point.

Dak Oolron and whostheBossk like this.
  2. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    I'd like to see Luke vs. 10 inquisitors and take them out like punks

3. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Luke... and someone.
    Luuke maybe? :p

Ryus and Dak Oolron like this.
  4. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Brienne vs anybody
    Daisy vs Lupita
    Adam Driver vs whoever the male lead is (most likely he'll be fighting John "King of the Cryptic Tweets" Boyega or Bill Weasley Domnhall Gleeson)

Ryus, Revanfan1 and Dak Oolron like this.
  5. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    My most anticipated lightsaber duel?

That's easy. I want to see Luke engage in a grand lightsaber duel which demonstrates all that he has learned over the course of thirty-plus years, and emerge victorious. Better yet, I'd like to see it more than once over the course of the ST.

My most desired scenario for the new characters? (While admitting I'm guessing about the identity of the characters the actors are playing)

For the climactic duel of Episode IX (and so, the ST as a whole) -- the duel which mirrors Luke vs. Vader aboard DSII and Obi-Wan vs. Anakin on Mustafar -- I very much would like to see Luke's son (Gleeson) and Leia's daughter (Ridley) working together as family to defeat the new Big Bad(s) (Driver? Nyong'o? A CGI Plagueis?) in lightsaber combat.

**In between, of course, I'd like to see any other lightsaber wielding characters I haven't mentioned (Boyega? Isaac? Christie?) have their chance to shine (even Leia could be cool if Fisher's on board), but the only characters I'm actively hoping to see in duels going in are Luke, new Skywalker, new Solo, and the baddies.**

6. Blazer-Smith

Blazer-Smith Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 28, 2004
    Oprah and Hillary. If someone wins we all win :) Oh, sorry, you meant in Ep7.

7. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I so wanna see Leia at some point in a Duel!

Redimet, Shadojoker, yogacat and 2 others like this.
  8. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001
    Gwendoline, for sure. After last night's Game of Thrones episode, she has to have some sort of awesome duel!

Death_Jar_Jar likes this.
  9. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    John Travolta and Nicolas Cage

10. DarthAusteros

DarthAusteros Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 6, 2011
    For Episode VII? Luke vs Driver. For the final battle of the trilogy, Ridley vs the big bad.

Indy 11 likes this.
  11. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Daisy vs. Driver
    Boyega vs. Driver
    Daisy and Boyega vs. Driver and Lupita

But most of all...

Luke and Leia vs. Darth Plagueis

12. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    The Hound vs. The Mountain

Ryus likes this.
  13. Han Burgundy

Han Burgundy Jedi Master star 3

Jan 28, 2013

If Gwendoline Christie doesn't kick somebody's ass in this movie I am going to be very, very disappointed.

Ditolus and Darth_Corvus like this.
  14. acroyear7

acroyear7 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 11, 2006
    I'd be perfectly happy if there wasn't a light saber duel at all in the movie. But then again, I guess it wouldn't be a Star Wars movie without one. By the time of ROTS, the thrill of a light saber duel greatly diminished.

Jcuk, Death_Jar_Jar and TheFoot like this.
  15. TheFoot

TheFoot Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 5, 2011
    Completely agree myself. I am MUCH more thrilled by space battles with ships and such. Dog fights, the falcon zooming around, etc. I didn't like how there was seemingly less space stuff in the PT and way more saber battles.

While I do kind of expect to see Luke use his saber at some point, I do NOT want to see him jumping/flipping around, doing insanely fast things that the old dogs in the PT did (palpatine, yoda, dooku for example). The tricks Luke (and even Vader) pulled in the OT were fairly basic and used sparingly, and even though he has probably grown more powerful in the Force, I'm not sure that should always translate to 'can hack stuff up really fast with a lightsaber with lightning fast reflexes and can out-duel anyone.'

I fully expect our new younger cast of characters to duel somebody of course, whichever ones are actual Jedi. But hope it is not the emphasis of the film(s).

TheManFromMortis likes this.
  16. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    Wicket vs Jar Jar Binks... either way I win. [face_devil]

17. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
  18. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    Luke vs a Female Sith who is armed with a double lightsaber.........

19. Darth_Corvus

Darth_Corvus Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2010

Ahh didn't see this clip since the Oldman Casting rumor. Shame it didn't happen. Still, between Ford, Hamill, and Sydow we have plenty of old men :D

So how about Gwen facing off against EVERYONNNNNE else?

Darth Punk likes this.
  20. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Luke versus Leia

Only joking:D

21. Darth_Corvus

Darth_Corvus Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2010
    You might get it, Django. I know I'll be flamed, but I'm sooo hoping for an evil Luke. I want Hamill to make use of the other character that made him famous.

Django Fett likes this.
  22. Granek

Granek Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2012
    Leia showing how BA she is by now..

and Luke being 'surprised' by 2-5 LS wielding 'attackers' only to shrug and wave them all to the side

23. Jobertus

Jobertus Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    Luke showing anyone who wants to test him that he's still the baddest (in a good way) Force User in the galaxy. I'd have to think that would ultimately be the big baddie, ala Yoda v. Darth Sidious, except Luke defeating the ST's big baddie.

All/some of the Jedi Luke and whoever else has managed to train displaying what skills their Masters trained them up with.

I basically just want to see Jedi, obviously there will be far fewer Jedi than in the PT, but still there should be more than there were in the OT. But also I want to see worthy dark side opponents to make us think for a while that the good guys might just lose.

Revanfan1 and Circular Logic like this.
  24. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    You know, I just sort of naturally assumed that the new heroes would be the ones tackling the Big Bad in the climax of Episode IX, and if that's the case, I'd very much prefer that both Luke's son and Leia's daughter (if they exist) handle the duty together. A hero from both branches of the Skywalker family tree ought to have the honor.

But that said, if the option of Luke surviving the ST and actually being the one to strike down the Big Bad exists? I'd have to say "sign me up!" I'm such a huge Luke fan that I just can't help it, so I'd take that in a heartbeat and save the Sky-Solo cousins team-up I'm envisioning for another critical foe.

But I don't know how likely that may be (I guess I just think having Luke in such a role would be too much awesome for me to ask for). ;)

Revanfan1 likes this.
  25. Primetime_Jedi

Primetime_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 21, 2000
    I want to see Luke vs. __creative, well-thought out, interesting new villain__.

I am of the belief that Leia will never go near a lightsaber. Her force abilities will be expressed in other ways.

whostheBossk likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.