main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Huge Plot Rumors On MakingStarwars.net

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by QuiJohn, Jun 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    yeah where are people getting that Luke is not that powerful. Lucas said he has twice the force potential of Palpatine. By the end of the eu novels, he was at least at palpatine's level. he can defeat kenobi in his sleep, and is even stronger than Yoda. if they change all that now, i will be pissed. Luke has the same potential that Anakin had, but went beyond anakin because he did not lose his force potential from being burned to death and having cybernetics put in. vader lost his potential to that catastrophe. Luke has no such limits

ChildOfWinds and Vastor like this.
  2. Jobertus

Jobertus Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    Perhaps my interpretation is incorrect, but I thought that the Sith possessed a greater ability to tap into the dark side than a "regular" force user who is also dark. So IMM there is a clear difference between the two. Not saying that an average dark-sider cannot be taught the skills of a Sith, just that there are things to be learned to become one. Just like one can be a light-sider and trained to be a Jedi but they have a lot to learn before they become one (and then a lot more before they become a Master). Whether the new Order of SW canon has this stance or not, I always thought that the Sith "Darth" title placed a dark side force user on a whole different level than one without that title.

3. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    This is something I've been trying to figure out how to put into words and failing to accomplish. I would simply add one word to this.

Do our heroes deserve peace and victory? Of course. They'll still get it. At the end of the ST, hopefully.

Artoo-Dion and Dra--- like this.
  4. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    The villains have to be as powerful as the protagonists. If Luke is an uber Jedi, they'll be an uber Sith too...

DV75, Dra---, Blazer-Smith and 3 others like this.
  5. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    Exactly. Our villains will have to be more than a match for our heroes.

Dra--- and Jobertus like this.
  6. Summers1913

Summers1913 Jedi Knight star 3

May 12, 2014
    I don't think these Jedi hunters are going to be the main villains. I think they are probably targeting Jedi other than Luke if they're smart. And I see this trilogy as a reversal of ideas from the other trilogies. Instead of a master looking for a powerful enough apprentice. We have apprentices looking for a powerful enough master.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Darth_Corvus

Darth_Corvus Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2010
    Okay, this will be quite long, but I'll try to mold old these nonsense rumors into a plausible theory.

First, let's look at Luke. Some people are puzzled why Luke didn't just wipe the floor with the Jedi hunters since he is like the most badass Jedi ever. This is not necessarily the case. While in the EU he WAS portrayed pretty much as a Super Sayijan Mary Sue with plot armor(as were all movie characters till the Yuuzhan Vong War made things interesting again) because he was a movie character, the EU is non-canon. As far as we know he only defeated Vader who was waaay passed his prime by that point. Furthermore about a year passed since he first heared about Yoda and the end of the OT. Not exactly a long training. For all we know, he is a total whimp. Most likely this is not the case, but it is more probably than him being the Uber Jedi.

Now, the Jedi Hunters. First, I hope their name is just a working title. I'd prefer a serious organization to be more imaginative than this(by organization I men them, not disney). As for who they are and what they are doing, well if done right they could answer a lot of questions. Like how the so-called Jedi Hunters didn't hunt down Luke the moment the RotJ credits rolled? Well maybe they figured Luke would do the work for them. Why risk all the troopers on a dangerous search when Luke would find all the hidden Jedi for them? Makes sense, really. Perhaps this Mara Jade(if the rumors about her are true) was sent by the Hunters as a mole but eventually...well, yaknow. As for stopping the formation of the New Republic? Last Time there was a republic the Jedi were given official recognition, protection and everything. If I wanted them gone, I would do anything in my power to stop the formation of any governmental body that might provide them sanctuary.

While we are on the subject: New Republic. We all agree that a continued Empire would be stupid. The Rebellion was victorious. End of the line. However that doesn't mean there is a central government. I understand that people would be vary of a Republic. The last ended up becomming the Empire after all. We might have several smaller factions with their own domains fighting a cold war. A huge external threat might unite them, but with the Yuuzhan Vonf retconned out, that isn't happening.

8. D'an

D'an Jedi Master star 4

Apr 21, 2014
    With all due respect to Jason and his inside reporter(s), until we see the images for ourselves, their interpretations of the set pieces they're seeing could vary wildly from reality. They may be seeing "Imperial" stuff because that's what they understand/want to see. This information is coming from indirect sources. "Storm Troopers" is the only vernacular that currently exists in the Star Wars galaxy to describe armor wearing combatants (besides Mandalors, but they're not as well known).

Would I be shocked to see a Tie Fighter? Of course not. But I'd be a little surprised if it wasn't modified or evolved slightly like the pics of the "X-wing" we've seen. The "Star Destroyer" bridge could definitely be the bridge of a destroyer class vessel; but not necessarily Imperial.

Still awaiting hard proof of this terrible plot idea. Then I will delete my account and walk away.

9. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008

why? no they will do what they always have done. Injure Luke or taint him in some way to limit his power and ability.

10. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Didn't you guys hear? Garindan is Darth Plagueis! Mask and all. [face_dancing]

Darth Archimage likes this.
  11. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I don't know why but that is the first time I have ever read a member talk about news causing them to quit and walk and it actually sounds stoic.

Dak Oolron, Dra---, EHT and 3 others like this.
  12. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    Dooku was 90 and very powerful.

Jobertus likes this.
  13. Momotaros

Momotaros Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2013
    Well said D'an.

14. Summers1913

Summers1913 Jedi Knight star 3

May 12, 2014
    First off I enjoyed reading your post. As for Luke you are right. None of us know what he is going to be right now. The term "Jedi hunter" is just how these characters were described by people on set. So I'd say that's even lower than a working title. As for the empire I honestly wouldn't mind seeing a fragmented government after 30 years. In TPM when the senate controlled the galaxy Tatooine wasn't even acknowledged. I think after the empire fell neither side could pull everything back together in 30 years. And honestly I think I would like it that way. I think a bunch of rogue commanders with their own armies would be far more dangerous than a rebuilding empire. There is no telling what those people would do of their own will. And that could still explain the tie fighters and storm trooper uniforms that have been rumored.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darth_Corvus likes this.
  15. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    With respect, no we don't agree. Yes, Palpatine created the Empire and Palpatine is dead, that doesn't mean the Empire died with him. We don't know who, if anyone, would be in a position of power to take over or how capable they'd be at keeping the Empire together. If there's a legitimate reason why the Rebellion hasn't been transformed into the Republic, then it's equally possible there's a legitimate reason why the Empire still exists.

Artoo-Dion , Dra---, Satipo and 2 others like this.
  16. Darth_Corvus

Darth_Corvus Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2010

You mean there was as huge celebration in the capital of the empire and still the imperials are in power 30 years after that? Me not buying it

Momotaros likes this.
  17. Blazer-Smith

Blazer-Smith Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 28, 2004
    Recent posts are straying terribly towards an EU type of craziness. Good guys need bad guys. Bad guys have to appear to be unstoppable. Get it? Quit trying to gauge everyone's power levels, it's boring. If ep7 calls the baddies the empire and the good guys the republic, it's good vs bad. Just tell us a good story and I won't care what the political situation is. Movie politics are boring.

18. Immortiss

Mar 10, 2013
    Yeah, and guess what? The Sith are back, too.:D

19. STARBOB

STARBOB Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 11, 2002
    If these rumors are true then they should re-edit the end of ROTJ again. This time when Luke looks out and sees
    Yoda, Obi-wan, and Anakin, the 3 spirits shouldn't be smiling at him, but instead yelling"What are you fools celebrating for,
    you still have 30 years or so of fighting the emipre left":p

20. D'an

D'an Jedi Master star 4

Apr 21, 2014

Well, I don't hate the prequels, but there was a lot about them that disappointed me (I actually enjoy the Clone Wars series more). I have high hopes for the sequels. JJ & Kasdan are smart dudes. But if Sidious returns with all his toys, I give up. I loved Imperial forces as bad guys over 30 years ago, but I can't imagine a believable plot scenario that would interest me in their story continuing today.

The Roman Empire, Iraq, Vietnam, etc. are all bad comparisons to the Galactic Empire. Palpatine did not have an established line of succession because of his overconfidence. The best comparison to him is Hitler & Napolean. Hitler cast a spell over Germany that was lifted with his death. The 3rd Reich collapsed rapidly. Napolean crowned himself emperor- that didn't last long either.

I don't understand WHY Imperials are needed as a plot device unless Disney just wants to sell toys. Which would be super lame.

QuangoFett, Gallandro and Dak Oolron like this.
  21. Blazer-Smith

Oct 28, 2004
    [​IMG]

22. Immortiss

Mar 10, 2013
    There's a part of me that wants Palpatine back, especially after seeing him and his magic at the end of the Yoda arc. There was an interesting contrast between the Ancient and Contemporary Sith in that episode.

Dra--- likes this.
  23. DarthWilliams

DarthWilliams Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2008
    Exactly. You can't imagine a plot scenario that would interest you in their story, but maybe JJ and Kasdan already have. They're the professionals, after all. The "if the Imperials are back I'm out" talk seems a bit silly given that we won't know the full story behind them still being around until 18 months from now. That's the time to judge whether the Empire still being around (or returning or whatever) was effective or not.

24. Blazer-Smith

Oct 28, 2004
    That's almost as bad of an idea as telling Vader's back story with three movies. Like that would ever happen.

Immortiss likes this.
  25. Immortiss

Mar 10, 2013
    Wasn't that the PT?[face_thinking]

vinsanity and Blazer-Smith like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.