main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Get In Line - A Social Countdown to Episode VII... v. 2.0

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by DarthTunick , Oct 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Big (American) football fan too. Basketball, meh. I can take it or leave it.

[​IMG]

2. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001

Yes, baseball is the superior sport.

:D

3. DarthWilliams

DarthWilliams Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2008
    I honestly never enjoyed or watched soccer until the first game of the World Cup last Thursday. Now I'm slightly addicted.

CairnsTony likes this.
  4. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    I don't watch any sports, least of all Nascar, but I was dragged along to a few races as a child, and at least with that there's a distinct possibility you could see a fiery explosion and maybe even death.

Artoo-Dion and Momotaros like this.
  5. Momotaros

Momotaros Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2013
    [face_laugh] I'm the typical american myself. Unless thier a lot of excitement. Like scoring,homeruns,baskets scored,or like you said the case of explosions. I tend to lose interest very fast.

Any ways night all. It was a blast today had fun debating,ruffling some feathers,and just being myself. :)

6. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Someone want to explain the appeal of American football to me? I don't get it. I watch it sure but NASCAR, NHL, NBA etc are all better.

7. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    I've always said that I'd watch football if the rules were as follows:

One ball, two teams. Teams attempt to place the ball in the other team's goal through any means necessary, including the use of clubs, maces and muskets. Automatic firearms are banned, however.

That's a sport I could get behind.

8. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Baseball now, baseball forever!

Yanksfan likes this.
  9. Momotaros

Aug 13, 2013
    Love your avatar. Always nice to meet a fellow Dodger fan.

DarthTunick likes this.
  10. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I'm American, and I really like watching soccer. If you've had a chance to see top level players playing live instead of on TV, it could help get you interested.

CairnsTony and Darth Punk like this.
  11. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I much prefer the Euro brand than the US MLS version, but I am grateful we have the Union while I live in Philly.

12. Momotaros

Aug 13, 2013
    I did try watching a game live once. Of course it wasn't a World Cup game,but a kid's soccer game. [face_laugh] I think my big hang up is they kick the ball back and forward for like 3 hours basicly doing nothing and end up with scores of 0-0. Were the fun in that?

13. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Again I found this thread on page 2... page 2! :eek:

Momotaros likes this.
  14. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    No kidding. That's just not right.

15. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    It's all that damn foosball. We need to worry more about evil killer doors going after our actors than whether or not one group of men can kick a little ball past another group of men. :p

Momotaros likes this.
  16. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    I played foosball once... hated it.

:p

17. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
    There are compelling reasons why it's the number one sport on four continents and rapidly growing elsewhere...

Football is so big that you see entire football 'cultures' in different countries; the way they play the game; formations, tactics and so on. I've followed English football since the mid 70s and have seen it evolve beyond all recognition over that time. The English Premiership is my Domestic league of choice; always has been, though I do keep half an eye on the German Bundesliga and of course the Aussie A League. At least the English League can claim to be the oldest, largest and richest professional league in the world, and draws many of the world's best players. Quite a contrast to watching kids playing footie down the local park.;)

Here in Australia, as in the US, other sports dominate (Rugby League; Aussie Rules Football; Cricket), but Football is a close fourth and I'd say is set to leapfrog the others in the longer term, although the quality of the A League will have to significantly improve before that happens methinks. At least there is good coverage of the sport here already and I can catch up on the English Premiership and International matches pretty easily.

EHT likes this.
  18. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Have you not seen how some of these football (soccer) matches end?....multiple deaths....and the dead are usually spectators or officials. Talk about Thunderdome.

19. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    football is the worlds game because it's so accessible. all that's needed is a ball. low scoring games are a norm, but that can often add to the excitement. i've watched other higher scoring sports where one team is so far in front, the game is over as a contest mid way through. anyone see brazil v mexico yesterday? that was a nil, nil, but it was a nail biter right up to the last minute (IMHO).

EHT and CairnsTony like this.
  20. DarthWilliams

May 29, 2008
    Amen. That was quite the match.

Darth Punk likes this.
  21. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
  22. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    "And we shall have peace."

23. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    No...there is another. [face_devil]

[​IMG]

T-R- likes this.
  24. Momotaros

Aug 13, 2013
    Man some times my computer can be a really pain. Spent like the last few hours trying to find out what was wrong with my mirc connection. [face_laugh]

25. DarthWilliams

May 29, 2008
    We're really reaching banana-town with all of these rumors the past few days. Desperately in need of something official to stop the madness. Seems like a bunch of fanfics are just leaking online as "rumors" at this point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.